Author Topic: Dr Dre: Perfectionist or lazy??  (Read 1111 times)

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Dr Dre: Perfectionist or lazy??
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:55:00 AM »
So what are peoples thoughts on this. I mean obviously we are all waiting for detox. But to be honest im starting to feel a bit insulted. Most people here have given dre the benefit of the doubt even in the face of strong criticisim. But yet we are still waiting.

I read an interview with 50 recently and he  said dre is a perfectionist but at the same time its frustrating for him also (50) and every one is always waiting on dre.

So when does it get to the point of dre turning from perfectionist to just being lazy!! 2pac said it alooong time ago lol, was he right?

What are peoples thoughts?

"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dr Dre: Perfectionist or lazy??
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 04:49:09 AM »
I wouldn't say he's lazy, because he's still working all the time creating music. I think it was Stat Quo who said Dre wasn't even satisfied with 2001, that the only beat he really like on the album was Light Speed or somethign like that, and others had to pressure him to release the album. If he wasn't satisfied with pretty much ANY beat on that album then I'd say he was a perfectionist.

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 05:01:51 AM »
still waiting for that DETOX album.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 05:16:35 AM »
he is a perfectionist who probably changes his mind quite often, thats why there is no detox...and there never will be a detox.   ;)

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 05:34:45 AM »
Perfectionist but i think that comes from him being so worried about trying to meet expectations

ikke

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 05:36:58 AM »
Perfectionist but i think that comes from him being so worried about trying to meet expectations
That is getting more impossible every day

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 06:08:10 AM »
He just needs to drop the album.  I need that shit, like a fresh glass of lemonade.
Time for a change...bring it!

ikke

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 06:14:59 AM »
He just needs to drop the album.  I need that shit, like a fresh glass of lemonade.
whatever he does it will flop

V2DHeart

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 06:19:45 AM »
A bit of both. People say he's a perfectionist, and make excuses as to why there is no Detox. Almost 10 years?? lol. Didn't 2Pac create the 7 day theory in 3 DAYS!!! Dr Dre is talented, but he relies heavily on other peoples skills. Early Death Row it was Warren G, Daz, D.O.C, then to Sam Sneed/J.Flexx in his later days on that label. At Aftermath, it was Scott Storch/Kambon, but Scott Storch broke out, and blew up to establish himself as a huge independent critically acclaimed producer. He's lost a lot of talent under his wing, mixed with personal issues, it's no surprise this is delayed. He still has Mike Elizondo next to him, so he can still churn out those heavy bass hits, but he needs to re-create Hip Hop sound. Each of his 2 albums have done that. Chronic catapualted G-funk, and 2001 with the hard bangers
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 07:01:32 AM »
Everyone is complaining on how Detox is taking forever and they r mad its still not out, its not like Dre keeps on chaining the reales date. Dre has not been talking about the album in years, everyone els has. Just wait for it and stop complaining as tho he owes u this album. I would rather wait and hear Detox finished then to have him put it out now when its not done. I dont want this to be like Hittmans album that he released not done and then having it flop. If your so desperate in hearing a whole Dre album go listen to Relapse thats basically Detox just having Eminem on the whole album.

Blasphemy

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 07:24:47 AM »
"You know why Dres record was so successful hes talking about blunts, 4Ooz, Big Screen TVs and bitches!" - Steve Berman from The Marshall Mathers LP.

He basically did put in perspective. He tried "Been Their Done That" no one liked that crap, so he went back to The Chronic, hell even his N.W.A days he was talking about that. Detox will probably be more of that with just amazing beats.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 08:42:07 AM »
So what are peoples thoughts on this. I mean obviously we are all waiting for detox. But to be honest im starting to feel a bit insulted. Most people here have given dre the benefit of the doubt even in the face of strong criticisim. But yet we are still waiting.

I read an interview with 50 recently and he  said dre is a perfectionist but at the same time its frustrating for him also (50) and every one is always waiting on dre.

So when does it get to the point of dre turning from perfectionist to just being lazy!! 2pac said it alooong time ago lol, was he right?

What are peoples thoughts?

let it rest, man

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »
perfectionist and i think dude worries and thinks a lot.

ROBBS

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 10:03:27 AM »
he is a perfectionist who probably changes his mind quite often, thats why there is no detox...and there never will be a detox.   ;)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL!!