Author Topic: What if Wide Awake's snoop album sells more than his last albums have sold?  (Read 752 times)

Jaydc555

it wont even come close to his album sales nowadays
Snoop wont ever go gold again

Lunatic

the last album didn't go gold? if it didn't, it got extremely close
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc555

the last album didn't go gold? if it didn't, it got extremely close
It sold around 300k in the us and barely went gold if you include world wide sales

acgrundy

dude, guys, it was a hypothetical question.  The point of the question wasn't whether or not the cd would sell a lot, but rather how do you think it would affect snoop and the way he creates new music.

Blasphemy

If it sells well and becomes a good success then the chances are high. Honestly Snoop might go back to his earlier G-Funk days, but the likely hood is not because really hes basically doing music he likes, and despite the new stuff has hurt his image he build in the 1990s (the Height of his fame) and on 2001, he continues to keep at it.Personally Idc if he dies, I haven't fucked wit him since The Doggfather.

Don't like his new sound, and his lyrics haven't changed since his debut. All he says is you got to get yours before I got to get mine, he said that on Doggystyle, but people don't notice cause they are more into the sound.Fact is he'd be saying the same shit off the Natural Born Killaz beat and people be like "HELL YAH SNOOPS HARDCORE" yet put the same lyrics over Sexual Eruption they be "wtf this is bullshit".

His lyrics haven't changed. He just rewords em and adds a new softer beat...

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
ego trippin sold over million world wide plus usa

Jaydc555

ego trippin sold over million world wide plus usa
Proof?

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
its no were near a million +

http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

he have sold about 608000

F-cisco

If he wants another platinum plaque, he's gonna have to feature Drake, Kid Cudi, Kerry Hilson and whoever else is hot at the moment. Sad but true folks.

kuruptDPG

if snoop helped with this project like advertised it through his tv shows etc then it would sell alot than wideawake expect it to

Jaydc555

If he wants another platinum plaque, he's gonna have to feature Drake, Kid Cudi, Kerry Hilson and whoever else is hot at the moment. Sad but true folks.
Those three artists dont even have gold plaques.

xxOHCxx

• Lil Geezy
It's kinda of hit or miss, because while this is the era of Snoop that I feel was the shit, most kids out there/the mainstream audience may not like or be able to relate to that sound because they never grew up with it. Especially if they got into rap listening to like 50 cent or Soulja boy.  Add to the fact that album sales are shitty nowadays means the promotion really needs to be on point. I really would hope release of this music would revert Snoop to his old days even if some feel its "outdated" because rappin about chronic, bitches, and guns is where he built his fanbase and what Im pretty sure what everyone on at least the west wants to hear.