Author Topic: What if Wide Awake's snoop album sells more than his last albums have sold?  (Read 751 times)

acgrundy

I don't know his numbers, but I don't think they are that good.  But what if the WA snoop album sells more than his last few albums?  Do you think that would have an influence on his next album?

And not just snoop, but also daz, kurupt, I would say Dre but I don't think he will ever drop another album so it doesn't matter.

I'm actually going to buy the WA releases.  I already own the chronic, but for many years I supported good music.  I have not bought a cd since the mac dre/mac mall duo album came out because for the most part I don't really think anything has been worth buying.  But I will buy the Chronic re-lit edition and then the snoop album.

I haven't bought a snoop album since paid the cost...

I don't even listen to cd's anymore...only my ipod, so I probably won't even take the cd's out of the case because it will just be easier for me to d/l the songs.  However I will support WA because I want to hear as much of that DR music as possible.

EFFeX

Without major promotion it won't sell more than Snoop's current projects.

JohnnyL

I agree that this probably wouldn't happen.  But if this Snoop Dogg album were to sell more than his recent albums, I hope it would influence him to take a more active role in helping promote future Wideawake/Death Row releases.  Likewise, for Daz and Kurupt.  The least I would hope from them, is that they stop dissing Wideawake on their new tracks.
  It's difficult to say how "onboard" the various former artists are with Wideawake, at this point.  Some more than others, I would think.  It could be that going forward, Wideawake will choose to release more music from the artists who are more receptive to working with them.  To me that would be the smart move, because these albums will probably sell better if they can get the former artists to help promote these releases in some way.

kuruptDPG

if they get promoted like 24/7 everyday on the net & tv then why not they will do good but i think alot of ppl are too much into this style of music rather than the old days. we've got a chance to to get these unreleased songs, lets support it

acgrundy

what do you mean "dissing WA on tracks"?  Who has done that and what track?  Damn, I thought most of these guys were on board w/ WA...what am I missing?

kuruptDPG

what do you mean "dissing WA on tracks"?  Who has done that and what track?  Damn, I thought most of these guys were on board w/ WA...what am I missing?

daz did on blessin. a trak for that was then,this is now album. nima uploaded it but then took it off

acgrundy

what do you mean "dissing WA on tracks"?  Who has done that and what track?  Damn, I thought most of these guys were on board w/ WA...what am I missing?

daz did on blessin. a trak for that was then,this is now album. nima uploaded it but then took it off

Can you up the track?

I thought that whole thing w/ daz was working with all the old DR inmates and creating albums w/ them along w/ an old DR engineer?  So this has nothing to do w/ WA?

kuruptDPG

what do you mean "dissing WA on tracks"?  Who has done that and what track?  Damn, I thought most of these guys were on board w/ WA...what am I missing?

Can you up the track?

I thought that whole thing w/ daz was working with all the old DR inmates and creating albums w/ them along w/ an old DR engineer?  So this has nothing to do w/ WA?

i dont have it, hopfully sum1 else can cuz it was a dope trak

nando

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Well Snoop Dead Man Walkin was supposed to be leftovers from Death Row, compare those sales to whatever real Snoop album that came out that same year, and you should already have your answer for this.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Well Snoop Dead Man Walkin was supposed to be leftovers from Death Row, compare those sales to whatever real Snoop album that came out that same year, and you should already have your answer for this.

Yeah but Death Row was still a actual label then. And they promoted it just like he never left the label. That came out around the same time Tha Last Meal did. We have no clue how much promo will be put into this project by WA.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Doubt it

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wide awake will sign him...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Al Bundy

i doubt it is going to sell that well. no one buys CDs anymore

Jaydc555

i doubt it is going to sell that well. no one buys CDs anymore
yep.People still havent realized this yet.Every year sales go down.Think about this,Joe buddens first album was considered a flop and he was permanetly shelved and that album went fucking gold.Rick Ross and fabolous are considered successful on def jam now and they dont even crack 400,000 in sales.

Lunatic

it wont even come close to his album sales nowadays
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com