Author Topic: The Chronic Re-Lit Wal-Mart Edition  (Read 1664 times)

V2DHeart

Re: The Chronic Re-Lit Wal-Mart Edition
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »
Lara Lavi: Dre is waiting to see us put our money where our mouth is.

Wish she would have elaborated on that.

Me too.  I think what she is implying is that Dre is waiting to see how successfully they can manage and release some of the other unheard material before he gives them his blessing to put out any of his unreleased songs.   Unfortunately, for me, the point is probably moot.  I will purchase this version of the "Chronic," to support Wideawake.  But I will not re-buy "The Chronic" again, even if it has unreleased Dr. Dre tracks on it.    Hypothetically speaking, if they were ever able to include unreleased Dr. Dre songs on one of their future compilations, I would support that.  But personally, I will not re-buy this album again.  I wish Dre had been willing to work with them this time around, but unfortunately it didn't happen.  That being said, I am looking forward to hearing the bonus Snoop songs that will be on the dvd.

Yeah probably. I'll buy all three, or four whatever. I just want these guys to make some money so they keep putting this shit out. The last thing we need is them going bankrupt then having to sell the catalog to some other idiot who will really fuck it up.

About the Dre tracks though, I've said before and I'll say it again-- to hell with his leftover material from the Chronic I honestly don't care if we never get to hear Ho Hopper or whatever as long as we get the stuff from Doggystyle. There is enough material dated from those sessions listed in the assets to put out a legit "Doggystyle pt.II" of straight unheard, (presumably) classic shit.

The day when we finally get to hear songs like "Doggystyle" and "Tha Next Episode" is rapidly approaching---logically it would be the next release if they're re-releasing everything chronologically.   

Agree, although my limit is 2 CD's of the same only. No way I'm buying 4 of the same CD's from standard DR artists... I will buy around 3/4 2Pac albums though, if they finally get around the legal paperwork, but that's an exception.

Funkenstien
, Doggystyle, & G'z up, Hoe's Down went through last minute licensing issues, and clearing samples. Enterprise Records rejected 1/2 of them
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

JohnnyL

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »

Me too.  I think what she is implying is that Dre is waiting to see how successfully they can manage and release some of the other unheard material before he gives them his blessing to put out any of his unreleased songs.   Unfortunately, for me, the point is probably moot.  I will purchase this version of the "Chronic," to support Wideawake.  But I will not re-buy "The Chronic" again, even if it has unreleased Dr. Dre tracks on it.    Hypothetically speaking, if they were ever able to include unreleased Dr. Dre songs on one of their future compilations, I would support that.  But personally, I will not re-buy this album again.  I wish Dre had been willing to work with them this time around, but unfortunately it didn't happen.  That being said, I am looking forward to hearing the bonus Snoop songs that will be on the dvd.

Yeah probably. I'll buy all three, or four whatever. I just want these guys to make some money so they keep putting this shit out. The last thing we need is them going bankrupt then having to sell the catalog to some other idiot who will really fuck it up.

About the Dre tracks though, I've said before and I'll say it again-- to hell with his leftover material from the Chronic I honestly don't care if we never get to hear Ho Hopper or whatever as long as we get the stuff from Doggystyle. There is enough material dated from those sessions listed in the assets to put out a legit "Doggystyle pt.II" of straight unheard, (presumably) classic shit.

The day when we finally get to hear songs like "Doggystyle" and "Tha Next Episode" is rapidly approaching---logically it would be the next release if they're re-releasing everything chronologically.   

Yeah.  I hope "The Chronic Re-Lit" proves to be a successful project for Wideawake, because I want them to continue to release projects.  I agree with you. I'd also love to hear any "Doggystyle" leftovers, especially "The Next Episode.  I would also have loved to hear the unreleased "Chronic" tracks, but realistically, it seems like Dre just might not ever let that happen.  I'm not even sure that if "Chronic Re-Lit" is a success that that will even necessarily persuade him.  I think Dre's just a compulsive perfectionist.  I think to him, those tracks left off of "The Chronic," were probably left off for a reason.  He seems to prefer that his unreleased music, remain unreleased.

Efrain

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 12:34:18 PM »
can u post Dogg Pound unreleased tracks list??

i know they got a song titled crunchie burger

I typed the others out, I'll screenshot these. There are a lot of Dogg Pound songs. Don't forget though, this doesn't include anything they recorded with another artist that may be labeled under the other artists name (Snoop, Rage, Doggystyle Records, 2pac, etc).

Also there are a number of recordings that are just untitled, labeled under " Death Row" with just a song title and there are some items that are just Boxes of untitled recordings. So who knows how much more that have. 

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »

Thing is, besides productions for other artists, Wide Awake said they cant release any unreleased Dre material, which would automatically ruin The Next Episode. The only chances of that (and others) happening is if Dre gives them the go ahead. And to the guy who said even if Dre let them do it, he would want to re-do the tracks...i doubt that for the simple reason that Dre's stated a million times that he's way past that and doesn't care for his older shit at all. I'm sure what he really cares about is people making money off of not only his music, but his old shit that went unreleased for a reason.

Also, theres at least 8-10 Dre tracks on that document that I saw that I never heard of and a few more unreleased ones that we have heard in shitty quality. I am guessing the Chronic cuts (The Executioner, Mr. Officer, Fuck It Kill A Cop, Bridgette, Hoe Hopper, etc.) were all left out due to the fact that they didn't fit in with the theme (G-funk) of the album, or at least a few of em (some of em mighta been skits). This tells me that they are more Deep Cover/Stranded On Death Row sounding or at least not G-Funk sounding with the synths and shit. I also came to this conclusion because if you look at the documents, you can see the heavy G-Funk tracks like G Thang, Let Me Ride, Dre Day, Deeez Nuuuts, etc. all on the same DAT tapes and at a later date, wheras the older dated DATs have tracks like Deep Cover, Day The Niggaz Took Over, Stranded On Death Row & most of the unreleased ones i've already stated. So ya, all that leaves me to beleive that there will probably be a few G-Funk sounded cuts, but for the most part the rest are skits and '91 Dre sounding beats.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
i wonder if they drop more music for free download

Efrain

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »

Thing is, besides productions for other artists, Wide Awake said they cant release any unreleased Dre material, which would automatically ruin The Next Episode. The only chances of that (and others) happening is if Dre gives them the go ahead. And to the guy who said even if Dre let them do it, he would want to re-do the tracks...i doubt that for the simple reason that Dre's stated a million times that he's way past that and doesn't care for his older shit at all. I'm sure what he really cares about is people making money off of not only his music, but his old shit that went unreleased for a reason.

Also, theres at least 8-10 Dre tracks on that document that I saw that I never heard of and a few more unreleased ones that we have heard in shitty quality. I am guessing the Chronic cuts (The Executioner, Mr. Officer, Fuck It Kill A Cop, Bridgette, Hoe Hopper, etc.) were all left out due to the fact that they didn't fit in with the theme (G-funk) of the album, or at least a few of em (some of em mighta been skits). This tells me that they are more Deep Cover/Stranded On Death Row sounding or at least not G-Funk sounding with the synths and shit. I also came to this conclusion because if you look at the documents, you can see the heavy G-Funk tracks like G Thang, Let Me Ride, Dre Day, Deeez Nuuuts, etc. all on the same DAT tapes and at a later date, wheras the older dated DATs have tracks like Deep Cover, Day The Niggaz Took Over, Stranded On Death Row & most of the unreleased ones i've already stated. So ya, all that leaves me to beleive that there will probably be a few G-Funk sounded cuts, but for the most part the rest are skits and '91 Dre sounding beats.

I think your hypothesis is probably right. From what Laura said about Dre wanting WIDEawake to "put their money where their mouth is" I'm assuming that's in reference to him getting paid (finally) for royalties he's owed + money for anything newly released before he signs off on anything. The good news there is all WIDEawake has to do is give him some of the money generated off this Chronic re-lit album and then he should be cool with them putting out his other material... especially songs like "The Next Episode" which 1) aren't his unreleased songs, 2) don't interfere with his current projects and 3) really don't present the "quality/perfectionist/unreleased-for-a-reason" conflict I'm sure he has with some of his unreleased cuts.  

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »
^^ Good points both of you, especially about those unreleased Dre ones having his 91 sound, +1....

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

Agree, although my limit is 2 CD's of the same only. No way I'm buying 4 of the same CD's from standard DR artists... I will buy around 3/4 2Pac albums though, if they finally get around the legal paperwork, but that's an exception.

Funkenstien
, Doggystyle, & G'z up, Hoe's Down went through last minute licensing issues, and clearing samples. Enterprise Records rejected 1/2 of them

when you say they went through last minute licsensing issues, are you talking about now or back then?

woof

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 06:55:19 PM »
back then

doggystyle album was unfinished and was released due to high pressure

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »
so i have 2 buy 3 albums 4 all the unreleased tracks??????
for real
then most of the peeps buy maybe one album and downloaD the rest

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2009, 12:45:06 AM »

Yeah.  I hope "The Chronic Re-Lit" proves to be a successful project for Wideawake, because I want them to continue to release projects.  I agree with you. I'd also love to hear any "Doggystyle" leftovers, especially "The Next Episode.  I would also have loved to hear the unreleased "Chronic" tracks, but realistically, it seems like Dre just might not ever let that happen.  I'm not even sure that if "Chronic Re-Lit" is a success that that will even necessarily persuade him.  I think Dre's just a compulsive perfectionist.  I think to him, those tracks left off of "The Chronic," were probably left off for a reason.  He seems to prefer that his unreleased music, remain unreleased.

he doesn't even like listening to his old stuff :P

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 09:35:44 AM »
i don't think Dre will be happy when "watch ya mouth" and "war games" both wind up on the 2pac project next year lmao
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »
i don't think Dre will be happy when "watch ya mouth" and "war games" both wind up on the 2pac project next year lmao
I'd be willing to bet he really won't give a shit. It's not like he's got be all shocked to discover that there are Pac songs from 1996 were he's dissing him.

Blasphemy

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2009, 12:51:52 PM »

It wasn't because it was G-Funk (The term wasn't invented) but the songs just didn't fit in with the album. Hoe Hopper felt way to slow. Deep Cover was removed cause of Ice - T's CopKiller Controversy (this was right after 2pacs 1991 Violent controversy). Kill a Cop, Mr. Officer (based off the names) would probably not be allowed do to the controversy. Hoe Hopper felt really slow and didn't sound right with the album. Never heard of The Executioner. Seems to me like it would be a track RBX would be on (After High Powered). I'd still Like em all to be released in full CDQ/Mastered quality..

Blasphemy

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 12:57:04 PM »
back then

doggystyle album was unfinished and was released due to high pressure

It always had sampling issues.

I mean the album was not finished and was going to be canceled if The LP didn't last at least a Full LPs time. That's why he added all those skits in order for it to make the cut. If it wasn't for the removal of the Next Episode the album would of been a full LP with no skits (I saw a pic of the OG pressing it seems they included the skits as their own tracks).

The other left overs were just that, left overs had no plans (been awhile seen I've seen the OG pressing but I think that's correct if memory serves). Then with the Rerelease they had another sampling problem that left tracks off the album. I swear I'd really like to know who had control on that project (both the OG/Rerelease) cause those tracks sound amazing.