Author Topic: DUBCNN: Welcome To The "Slaughterhouse" (Review)  (Read 226 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
DUBCNN: Welcome To The "Slaughterhouse" (Review)
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/slaughterhouse/

Welcome To The "Slaughterhouse" (Review) - By : Conan - August 11, 2009

Most of our readers will be aware of the significance of today. It's Slaugust 11th, and the debut album by Hip-Hop's Voltron crew Slaughterhouse is officially in stores! Together, Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Royce Da 5' 9" have crafted what is surely one of the most anticipated Hip-Hop releases of recent memory.

To celebrate the albums release, Dubcnn has provided their own verdict on the fervently discussed LP. Needless to say, we were just as impressed as the fans.

"Slaughterhouse" receives the Dub Quotable: "An otherwise impeccable release; one that proves that Hip-Hop is not only alive, but as potent and inspiring as it has ever been. " To read more and discover the albums final rating, simply click the link below

Slaughterhouse - Slaughterhouse (Review)

For more recent reviews, take some time to check out and then bookmark our Review Section. Expect more to be added very soon.

Finally, we remind our readers that the Slaughterhouse album can now be purchased, both digitally and at retail. If you've enjoyed the groups output, be sure to show your support by picking up a copy.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Welcome To The "Slaughterhouse" (Review)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Blasphemy

Re: DUBCNN: Welcome To The "Slaughterhouse" (Review)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:04 AM »

lol that's sad. But honestly your a little late everyones already made countless threads reviewing, talking about the album. Only feed back I can suggest is possibly doing a in depth song by song review. I mean if you really look at the tracks, it starts to get repetitive, all they talk about is being the best mc, getting head from women (seems to me the most used lyric is "Getting Brain" and each song talks nearly the same thing with just different wording/a different beat. Its a dope album, but honestly its just scratching the surface of what they can really put on wax. I mean Lyrically they could make a street album unheard of. Just they need to expand beyond the gangsta content and how hard they is.

Despite the fact they don't have the mainstream sound, the same topics are there.I mean look at the single. That's just plain sold out, unlike what is on the radio the difference is they actually put lyricism over a general party sound and the album's content doesn't allow Cell Phone music.In the end I'm hoping the second album really starts to talk about something bigger. Issues, Something on a higher level, deep stuff.