Author Topic: Did Daz really want to kill himself when he didn't make it on Chronic 2001?  (Read 1259 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
I don't remember where I heard this rumor but I laugh every time I think of it, for some reason I can picture that crack head doing it and soopafly begging him to not jump from the bottom looking up at him
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

the ghost

Two on your chin, and one in yo mouf. 

Tha Crip

LOL, i'd feel shitty too, all the guys that were apart of the chronic were messin wit dre during 2001, cept dat nigga daz. I heard about this rumour too, but who knows, doubt it. But when you think about it, dude mustve did or said some fucked up shit to make dre not wanna mess wit him anymore, curious tho, WHICH TRACK OF 2001 COULD YOU HAVE SEEN DAZ SPITTIN A VERSE TO (had he been asked to be on the album that is)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
LOL, i'd feel shitty too, all the guys that were apart of the chronic were messin wit dre during 2001, cept dat nigga daz. I heard about this rumour too, but who knows, doubt it. But when you think about it, dude mustve did or said some fucked up shit to make dre not wanna mess wit him anymore, curious tho, WHICH TRACK OF 2001 COULD YOU HAVE SEEN DAZ SPITTIN A VERSE TO (had he been asked to be on the album that is)

a track like Bitch Niggaz would be perfect for him, but then again, with those beats he prob would have been dope on any of them

Paul

Some LA niggaz or Lets Get High instead of the bitch
funkyfreshintheflesh

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
No, the Up In Smoke tour is what really got him depressed, then Kurupt going back to Death Row. He never said he was gonna kill himself though he said he was joining the military at one point.

He went back to recording a gang of music, sued Death Row, won the lawsuit and celebrated with Fred Wreck, settled things with Snoop, and everything was cool then.

Daz was busy working with Kurupt on Streetz and recording RAW when Dre was recording, I don't think Daz was really expecting to be on 2001 but he wanted badly on the tour with everybody.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:17:07 PM by soopapriest »

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
No, the Up In Smoke tour is what really got him depressed, then Kurupt going back to Death Row. He never said he was gonna kill himself though he said he was joining the military at one point.

He went back to recording a gang of music, sued Death Row, won the lawsuit and celebrated with Fred Wreck, settled things with Snoop, and everything was cool then.

Daz was busy working with Kurupt on Streetz and recording RAW when Dre was recording, I don't think Daz was really expecting to be on 2001 but he wanted badly on the tour with everybody.

it still seems like he desperately trying to get in the good graces of the she-thang, Daz be name dropping him more then game it seems

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG

it still seems like he desperately trying to get in the good graces of the she-thang, Daz be name dropping him more then game it seems

Back then not so much.. Daz was number one in telling people how Dre didn't do shit in those days and opened a lot of people's eyes. It wasn't really until Snoop and Daz settled their differences that Daz backed off that attitude. Daz had quite a few posts on his forum about how Warren G and him produced a lot of the Chronic and Doggystyle and never got the credit.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i havnt heard that it was about that, but supposedly that daz's ex-wife who he was married to at the time, supposedly cheated on daz with suge, and she stole some reels of music and gave it to suge, or sumthin like that, and then daz wanted to kill himself over it. dont think that rumor is true tho. it was most probably a slanderous rumor made by deathrow, and spread to the internet through their website, or just made by the deathrow webmaster himself.

sued Death Row, won the lawsuit and celebrated
i dont think he saw any of that 25 mil tho.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:09:04 PM by ironmike »

GangstaBoogy

I remember seeing a video of him on some radio station basically begging to be put on the Up In Smoke tour. Shit had to be depressing for him. EVERY West Coast artist was on that tour (even the cats who didn't really perform like Tha Alkaholiks, Mr. Short Khop, etc were still there) and he was stuck at home cuz of his loyalty to Suge. I bet he still regrets that decision.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
With all the years of Daz saying Dre stole his beats, Dre took credit for some beats he actually did I just don't see how he could expect to be on 2001, if the story were even true.
Even if Dre forgave Daz and got cool with him I still think Dre would prove the point to him that  he didn't need Daz for no tracks by not adding him to the project.

Jimmy H.

I'm pretty sure that Daz was still on Death Row when 2001 was being made. I think he wanted on the Up In Smoke Tour because he left Death Row at that point but there was still bad blood with Dre and Snoop.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
With all the years of Daz saying Dre stole his beats, Dre took credit for some beats he actually did I just don't see how he could expect to be on 2001, if the story were even true.
Even if Dre forgave Daz and got cool with him I still think Dre would prove the point to him that  he didn't need Daz for no tracks by not adding him to the project.

You mean Sam Sneed, J Flexx, Sean "Barney" Thomas, Daz, and Warren G all saying Dre used their beats and they did not get credited.. Also Pac saying Dre taking other people's beats.

How do you explain Dre telling Pac that he produced Got My Mind Made Up?

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
i havnt heard that it was about that, but supposedly that daz's ex-wife who he was married to at the time, supposedly cheated on daz with suge, and she stole some reels of music and gave it to suge, or sumthin like that, and then daz wanted to kill himself over it. dont think that rumor is true tho. it was most probably a slanderous rumor made by deathrow, and spread to the internet through their website, or just made by the deathrow webmaster himself.

sued Death Row, won the lawsuit and celebrated
i dont think he saw any of that 25 mil tho.

The only fault there is with the theory about the Death Row website creating the rumor is that Spider Loc also spoke on the situation on "Tha Row (Y'all Hoe's) when he had the line:

"Even further y'all the nigga tried to end his life//Cuz the niggas was puttin dick all up in his wife" - In reference to Daz

Who knows if it was true or false, but I know that it was a strong rumor floating around back in '02-'03.

Jimmy H.

How do you explain Dre telling Pac that he produced Got My Mind Made Up?
Never been confirmed as a fact. Pac never said this. Dre's never commented on it. We really don't know what happened behind the scenes with any of that stuff. A lot of it don't add up.