Author Topic: Warren G - G Files [amazon.com album sampler] = really terrible weak album  (Read 1106 times)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.amazon.com/The-G-files-Explicit/dp/B002MHV2YW/ref=mb_oe_o

^^
listen to the snippets of the tracks here

---------------------------------

after hearing the album sampler on amazon.com, and i'm really disapointed.

the only good songs:
* 100 miles n runnin (this song is dope as fukk)
* lets get high (nice laid back track)
* suicide (or better known as "we came here to ride", from the 2003 true crimes soubntrack) (this is a recycled track that everybody got years ago)

all the rest of the songs are a real let-down. they dont sound westcoast gfunk at all.

"mr dj" & "gigolos get lonely 2" were tight songs, and it wouldve made the album better if they were on it, but he couldnt put them on the album supposedly because of sampling issues, and one of them he couldnt even remember where he got the sample from.

what happened to those other tracks that warren played in the studio on his ustream videos like that dope ass one with a bangin westcoast beat with dj scratches and turntables mixing in it. that was awesome. also warren had this laid back gfunk track with somethin on the topic about friends. that sounded real dope. the beat was tight.

i dunno, i was expecting a lot doper album from him after 4 years waiting for another warren g album. besides the 3 tracks i like on the album, the rest of the album doesnt appeal to me at all. it sounds too soft , and girlyish. i cant be bumpin this album in my ride, besides those 3 tracks i mentioned.

i think warren was tryin to go with a totally new more mainstream pop flavor with this album, but it dont wash for all the gfunk fans, who want to hear a straight gfunk album from warren g. we know he still got it to make dope ass gfunk music, coz we heard recent tracks by him that sounded incredible.

honestly, i dont think this album is gonna sell. i think warren was tryin to appeal to the mainstream pop sound, and expecting gfunk fans to be loyal and buy the album anyways, but warren g albums sell mainly from the gfunk music fanbase, but gfunk fans arent sheep. we buy his music because we like the westcoast gfunk music warren's known for, and this album is a pop album for teenie boppers.

and lets not forget that warren is on an indy label, so why he tryna make a pop album? maybe if he was on some major label or sumthin, it would make more sense, but his album is on indy, so he's not going to reach that audience without the huge promotion behind him that only major labels can give. but he's on an indy label, so he should just make the album for the fans of westcoast gfunk,.. his core fanbase.

i dunno ,... i guess warren most probably thinks he'll do what the fukk he wants, and how he wants, and "if you dont like the album then dont buy it, bla bla etc." , then fair enough. no one can force him to do anythin, but we'll see how long he keeps his gfunk fanbase, if he keeps going in this direction with his music to the detriment of his gfunk fans. lets see how well this album sells.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 04:32:48 PM by ironmike »

Al Bundy

gfunk is dead.

Lunatic

West Is Back
Let's Get high
100 Miles & Runnin'
Suicide
Hold On
What's Wrong

those sound good to me
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
I'm sure some people here will pick this up.. not really my type of stuff though. Its almost like he lost his focus or something.. 2 very dope songs and the rest is blah and then using a bunch of guest artists again to fill in the time.

Warren G.. your fans want albums similar in the style of G Funk Era, Take A Look.., and I Want It All without a shit load of guest artists. You don't have do to G-Funk beats but dont try to copy the new shit.. also stop writing songs about Ringtones or being Swagger Rich.. normal people don't care about that shit.

Let's move past this one.. and hopefully Warren G can release some of the heaters he has sitting around..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:02:46 PM by soopapriest »

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

Matty

g-files is a monster album.

Kool Beenz

your a fuckin hater

shit is bumpin

blkb

• 'G'
Yea the album sounds dope as hell to me

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
skate skate sounds real smooth
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

G-Funk

meh, mainly just choice cuts.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:34:40 PM by Dollaz + $ense »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This doesn't sound that bad? A few of the tracks sound dope, feeling Travis Barkers drums on "Let's Get High"

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
This actually sounds better than the midnight hour or whatever it was called...it was so bad that I don't even remember it
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
LMFAO...lazoo is about to murk himself over this shit.

lazoo = irondyke

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

TRU 504 BoY

• 'G'
  • Fuck You!
the album isn't all that bad. i'm coppin sept. 29th. i think some of you guys need to get out of the 90's era already and quit livin this west coast east coast music type shit and just appreciate good music and stop makin it be regional type music. This is way better than the midnight hour and also better than most music thats being put out rightnow. There are some songs i think are terrible like "swagger rich" and couple others. But i'm def. buyin this album on the 29th. Thanks Warren