Author Topic: Pre-Album Sales: Dr Dre/Warren G new albums doing hella good, Mack 10 struggling  (Read 823 times)

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • try not to do tbt though, people here dont like it
Wideawake's re-release of Dr Dre's THE CHRONIC (Re-Lit) #84 best seller, it drops next week so sales should go right up 8) 8)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chronic-Dr-Dre/dp/B002IVLWQK/ref=pd_ts_m_h__81?ie=UTF8&s=music

Warren G's G Files pre-sales are amazing, hes already #88 on Amazon's bestsellers with a sales rank of 28k, and his album doesnt even drop until next month :o
http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Files-Warren-G/dp/B001D7T316

Mack 10's Soft White album is not ranked at all, which is a shame, his album drops the same day september 29
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soft-White-Mack-10/dp/B002KLPAXY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1251372176&sr=1-6

Tech Nina's Everready drops then too, and has a decent sales rank: 104,097
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everready-Tech-N9ne/dp/B000IOM1G4/ref=pd_nr_m_h__39?ie=UTF8&s=music

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
btw if the Chronic Relit does massive figures, does this mean Wideawake will start dropping albums by Sam Sneed, Lady of Rage, Jewell, Crooked I, Eastwood, Above The Law etc?

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
yea thats gon sell big, they will release um at sum point anyway cuz they gon make the 19mill back that they paid for deathrow.

Mack 10 isnt gon sell shit cuz he doesnt got any singles on radio or videos on tv. that mirror mirror joint was a bad choice for single, it wont get any radio play.

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
1. These Amazon's numbers means shit... and the albums are #84 & #88 in the westcoast section not Music in general

2. Dont know where you've seen "G-Files" pre-sells are 28K ???  it's just impossible

3. I would be surprised if both albums sells more than 10K the first week

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
are u sure these numbers are right? i find it hard to believe

warren g 28k? nobody gives a shit about him anymore....and im pretty sure hardly anyone knows he has a new album coming out

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
1. These Amazon's numbers means shit... and the albums are #84 & #88 in the westcoast section not Music in general

2. Dont know where you've seen "G-Files" pre-sells are 28K ???  it's just impossible

1. Thats becuz thats the catagory listed as. Also Amazon iz the most popular music store ever dumbass

2. He said SALES RANK not pre sales, The G Files sales rank is 28,029, which is fukkin good considerin its over a month away!

3. Dre's album gon shock yal, propz to my homies at wideawake

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG

1. Thats becuz thats the catagory listed as. Also Amazon iz the most popular music store ever dumbass

2. He said SALES RANK not pre sales, The G Files sales rank is 28,029, which is fukkin good considerin its over a month away!

3. Dre's album gon shock yal, propz to my homies at wideawake
Ok it's Sales Rank not Pre Sales so i am wrong...

Anyway...Blaqkout is listed before Doggystyle & AEOM does that mean Blaqkout is platinium ? Hell no !

So Amazon's numbers don't mean shit to me

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG

Anyway...Blaqkout is listed before Doggystyle & AEOM does that mean Blaqkout is platinium ? Hell no !

Ya its Amazon's sales rank not actual album sales homie. Amazon and CDUniverse are a good idea how well albums do though.

Mack 10's album isnt ranked at all, and this is on CASH MONEY! Baby & Slim need to start promoting his album more.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
CLINT DOGG ALERT!!

MarshColin

btw if the Chronic Relit does massive figures, does this mean Wideawake will start dropping albums by Sam Sneed, Lady of Rage, Jewell, Crooked I, Eastwood, Above The Law etc?

They'll be dropping all their material, but probably not in individual albums, except for in the case of Crooked I and maybe Lady of Rage. The rest will come out through compilations and box sets.

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
How do you know that DJ Coma?
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
so they have the sam sneed album in theiir catalog? this needs to be released.

Soopahigh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Ya its Amazon's sales rank not actual album sales homie. Amazon and CDUniverse are a good idea how well albums do though.

Mack 10's album isnt ranked at all, and this is on CASH MONEY! Baby & Slim need to start promoting his album more.

yeah it looks like this reissue is going to sell better than i expected.
here are more numbers:

http://www.amazon.com/Chronic-Dr-Dre/dp/B002IVLWQK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1251408536&sr=1-3

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #6,328 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)

Popular in these categories:
#16 in     Music > Rap & Hip-Hop > West Coast
#73 in     Music > Rap & Hip-Hop > Gangsta & Hardcore

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
Warren G will flop with this album.. you will see. it's really bad for him but he must know what kind of music his fanbase wants from him!!!

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.