Author Topic: Lara Lavi about Daz Dillinger  (Read 896 times)

woof

Lara Lavi about Daz Dillinger
« on: August 30, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »
To set the record straight, we had not yet made a formal offer to Daz. Basically we met, we hit it off with him, kurrupt, soopafly, and lady of rage, at the show in vancouver in july. He was a great host to me at that show and I will always be appreciative.

His lawyer/ manager may not have reasonably managed Daz's expectations in my view. I suggested we do a very small project first to get our feet wet and see how it goes while we sort out a larger deal. The company offered a consulting fee for this smaller project. I doubt that is what got communicated to him. Daz- I guess gets impatient and as a fellow artist I totally understand where he is coming from. As a business woman I have to watch the bottom line in this first year of operating with the company. I hope people can understand there is always a delicate balance between art and commerce.

. I can't do anything but be positive and reach out and offer what I can under my financier's parameters. I hope there will be peace in the valley with us in the future.
My door for discussion will always remain open for all the former Death Row artists. It is a challenge because we are trying to just get the basics together - royalties, music organization, books and records etc. The company needs a ton of clean up. We have to get all that together before we offer what might be considered larger deals by our distributors and financiers.

I live in a world of positivity. There is too much negativity in this world as it is. In time we will get to a better place with all the Death Row artists who are currently distrustful and not all of them are so distrustful and this has made it easier to sort out early stage new deals.

The artist in me has to believe that things will get better with all the Dogg Pound crew in time.
This is a long term process.
Peace

JD Bastin

Re: Lara Lavi about Daz Dillinger
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »
he owes me for my makaveli and dillinger cd still!

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
offer for what? im only interested, as many dogg pound fans are, in his older unreleased stuff when his flow raps were on point. If im not mistaken, wideawake can released all daz material correct? 

Matty

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
translation - 'daz is high all the time and has bad representation. i'm sure we can still work something out.'

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
from what i understand  wideawake can release what ever is in that vault they own it i think they are just trying to touch base with all the old death row artist
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »
translation - 'daz is high all the time and has bad representation. i'm sure we can still work something out.'

haha

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
Daz has a lawyer/manager?

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »
It must be Bigg A

JD Bastin

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 12:45:21 PM »
he prob reps himself

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 01:07:02 PM »

haha

lol i was thinkin the same shit
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Young Old Head

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 01:18:52 PM »
sounds not bad at all...

Cash Money Blood Gang

Blasphemy

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 02:24:10 PM »

haha

Quadruple OG

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 02:27:08 PM »
They should just release the shit anyways. They own the rights to it and made an effort to reach out to the artists.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 03:50:07 PM »

haha

christar

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 04:02:34 PM »
daz sounds immature. this is business and i totally understand how they have to calculate their releases so the business makes sense.
daz should chill out before he goes on his fuck you rant.
remember he tried to sell makavelli dillinger album for like $500