Author Topic: Imagine Wideawake Put Out A Kurupt Death Row Solo Album...  (Read 786 times)

kuruptDPG

Imagine Wideawake Put Out A Kurupt Death Row Solo Album...
« on: September 07, 2009, 03:32:02 PM »
that would be amazing, someone said on another thread kurupt would lyrically kill anyone from that era eg new york, new york. so imagine with a solo album thats produced by dre (maybe), daz, soopafly and whoever else. that would be sick, i think that should be a project next to be put on sale providing that it has good beats and good guest appearances, dont think people will look out ofr lyrical stuff apart from the kurupt fans

what yall think? "That's My" by Kurupt is a dope track that could be featured on the album

Okka

Re: Imagine Wideawake Put Out A Kurupt Death Row Solo Album...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »
I hope WideAwake releases "I Don't Bang No More" on some release, maybe that 4 CD compilation.

"That's My" by Kurupt is a dope track that could be featured on the album

You wanna hook this shit up? I can't remember the track right now.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »
crooked i on death row > kurupt on death row
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
It'd be good if they did a Dogg Food Re-Lit (Re-Gurgitated?). The Dre version of Dogg Pound Gangstaz, OG Lets Play House, Got My Mind Up, Can't C Us all in CDQ. No Dre vocals, so they should be able to do it.

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »
crooked i was better than kurupt on death row when they were both on the roster in 2000 whatever, now kurupt in his first run at the label vs. crooked in his run now that would be a battle to see

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 03:45:11 PM »
It'd be good if they did a Dogg Food Re-Lit (Re-Gurgitated?). The Dre version of Dogg Pound Gangstaz, OG Lets Play House, Got My Mind Up, Can't C Us all in CDQ. No Dre vocals, so they should be able to do it.

DOGG FOOD:  RE-SERVED
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Quadruple OG

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
crooked i on death row > kurupt's 2nd stint on death row

fixed for accuracy

Kurupt's 1st stint on death row > Crooked I on death row

Okka

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 03:55:32 PM »

WideAwake should include the music videos ("Let's Play House" & "New York, New York") and album commercials, interviews on a DVD with the album, just like they did with "The Chronic Re-Lit". I'm pretty sure there's some unreleased material of Daz and Kurupt doin' interviews and freestyles and shit like that.

Crooked I is tight as fuck, one of my favorite rappers but Kurupt couldn't be fucked with on his Death Row days.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 04:14:25 PM »
nah man

he was everything Kurupt was and then some

I'll admit it's like choosing between a hot-ass blonde bitch and a sexy ass brunette bitch

you cant really go wrong

but ill take the blonde by a hair

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
what yall think? "That's My" by Kurupt is a dope track that could be featured on the album

i dont think "Thats My" would be great on a album, its just a intro (or outro), Kurupt doesnt even drop a verse. there could be a whole new song. "Up, Down & Around", "Would You Ride".. besides the shit released when it was made weve got some later released/leaked Kurupt tracks  from his Death Row days in the 90s that he ripped up off various albums (Slippin in the West, Still Ballin OG, Dont Stop Keep Goin,Smoke, Gangsta Walk, Jakkmove, Started Me In Your World, Every Single Day OG, Cant C Me, I Roc Mics, What We Go Through OG) No telling how many gems they got in the vault, im all for an album.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:09:19 PM by LAZY »

EFFeX

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »

One of the few times I disagree with you actually...

While, Crooked I was insane on Death Row, I actually like his post-Death Row material better.

Kurupt was literally a machine and an unstoppable force on Death Row. Interesting enough, I'm actually one of the few that believe Kurupt NEVER fell off. I think he stumbled a few times, but never became as wack as people claim he did. He's still one of my favorites of all time.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »
EFfex sir y ou are clearly mistook

imagine if Crook had Dre's beats udnerneath him when rappin on tha row

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »

One of the few times I disagree with you actually...

While, Crooked I was insane on Death Row, I actually like his post-Death Row material better.

Kurupt was literally a machine and an unstoppable force on Death Row. Interesting enough, I'm actually one of the few that believe Kurupt NEVER fell off. I think he stumbled a few times, but never became as wack as people claim he did. He's still one of my favorites of all time.

i luv crooked i on tha row, kurupt & crooked are equal to me lyrically............but kurupt was a lot better at death row than crooked i was. nothing can touch the golden era of tha row and that includes crooked himself, from 92-98 nothing touches that era...period end of story.... :)

Blasphemy

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
Kurupt and Crooked I were basically the only 2 real Lyrical mother fuckers on The Row (2pac's stint on Death Row featured a very funky typical west coast Style, and was mostly all about Content, rather then lyrical complexity).

Kurupt wasn't the average West Coast Rapper, niether was Crooked I.

Early Kurupt could of easily been challenged by Death Row Crooked I.

now as progression well....Kurupt would suffer, and Crooked I has actually grown as a lyricist. If these 2 released a album together it would be a ace album though.  8)

acgrundy

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »
LMAO @ crooked I was better than Kurupt's early days.  Damn man, you are the BIGGEST groupie I have ever seen on this forum.