Author Topic: What's your favorite cut from 19 st. Records?  (Read 375 times)

EFFeX

Re: What's your favorite cut from 19 st. Records?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »
Another favorite of mine, but this one wasn't officially released, it was still from his 19 St. days though.

Crooked I - Nobody Understands Me

Are you absolutely positive that's a 19th St. cut? If my memory serves me correctly, it didn't surface until around '99 or 2000. I could have sworn it was from that era, the late DPG Records / early Death Row days. Now that I think about it, Big C-Style had involvement in DPG Records, so maybe that's causing some confusion?

It surfaced along with Homie feat. Daz & Kurupt and 2 other songs on a promo that my dude Axle found at VIP Records in Long Beach and it was labeled "Crooked I - 19th St. Records Promo."

is Homie in good quality on this promo?

That was my first question too!

BTW: DJ Coma, thanks for clearing that up, this is a big misconception among fans. The promo was vinyl or CD?

I don't remember the quality being any better than what's out there, because I didn't like it either. All 4 songs were not the best of quality. The promo was CD, don't know much about it. The way he described it made it sound like it might have been something where only a few copies were pressed just to hand out to labels or something. I just remembered Niggaz Got Game was also on there and I'm trying to rack my brains for the 4th track.

The Axle guy that ripped it is the same dude who used to be a moderator here. It was a scene rip he did for the group CR.

Yeah, "Niggaz Got Game" was probably on there too, because it surfaced around the same time as "Nobody Understands Me" if not at the same time.

It's really a shame about the quality. Over the years, I must have edited those songs a dozen times to get them as clean as I possibly could.

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 12:01:53 AM »
Another favorite of mine, but this one wasn't officially released, it was still from his 19 St. days though.

Are you absolutely positive that's a 19th St. cut? If my memory serves me correctly, it didn't surface until around '99 or 2000. I could have sworn it was from that era, the late DPG Records / early Death Row days. Now that I think about it, Big C-Style had involvement in DPG Records, so maybe that's causing some confusion?

It surfaced along with Homie feat. Daz & Kurupt and 2 other songs on a promo that my dude Axle found at VIP Records in Long Beach and it was labeled "Crooked I - 19th St. Records Promo."

BTW: DJ Coma, thanks for clearing that up, this is a big misconception among fans. The promo was vinyl or CD?

I don't remember the quality being any better than what's out there, because I didn't like it either. All 4 songs were not the best of quality. The promo was CD, don't know much about it. The way he described it made it sound like it might have been something where only a few copies were pressed just to hand out to labels or something. I just remembered Niggaz Got Game was also on there and I'm trying to rack my brains for the 4th track.

The Axle guy that ripped it is the same dude who used to be a moderator here. It was a scene rip he did for the group CR.

Yeah, "Niggaz Got Game" was probably on there too, because it surfaced around the same time as "Nobody Understands Me" if not at the same time.

It's really a shame about the quality. Over the years, I must have edited those songs a dozen times to get them as clean as I possibly could.

It's cool that there's a possibility for those tracks to come out in better quality seeing as there's that 19th street mixtape coming soon

MarshColin

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:55 AM »

It's cool that there's a possibility for those tracks to come out in better quality seeing as there's that 19th street mixtape coming soon

Absolutely. Can't wait to see what this is gonna bring.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 09:58:31 AM »
my fave 19th street songs as well Coma.  :)

liked Kingpin and Bustaz as well

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 11:56:38 AM »
Bustaz

D-TalkX

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »
This available anywhere? i was looking for some songs a while back. Great CD

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 01:22:33 AM »
Stay outta LA, definitely

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE

Mietek23

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 02:23:58 AM »