Author Topic: if your a true boxing fan  (Read 416 times)

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
if your a true boxing fan
« on: September 23, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
then you would appreaciate any time floyd fights. niggas complaining because he aint going out just slugging it out with no brains. this nigga in the ring is like art. his foot movement , counters etc. but ya dont hear me though
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Kool Beenz

Re: if your a true boxing fan
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:21:32 PM »
lets not forget his incredible defense, speed, and underrated power

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:53:53 PM »
Guys like Floyd and corner men like Freddie Roach are reasons why I'll never take the UFC more serious than boxing. Boxing is beatiful. And art and a science. Look at the new Ultimate Fighter; they're taking a bunch of truck drivers and in 6 months they'll be giving the top UFC heavyweights a fight. Give Mayweather Roach and take who ever wins this Ultimate Fighter a one on one boxing match and despite the 100 lbs difference I'd still think Money would win by points. Take any one of these clowns against a heavyweight boxer and they'd get killed. You can't take some slugger from the streets and in 6 months expect him to even compete with real boxers.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
then you would appreaciate any time floyd fights. niggas complaining because he aint going out just slugging it out with no brains. this nigga in the ring is like art. his foot movement , counters etc. but ya dont hear me though

I approve this message

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »
Guys like Floyd and corner men like Freddie Roach are reasons why I'll never take the UFC more serious than boxing. Boxing is beatiful. And art and a science. Look at the new Ultimate Fighter; they're taking a bunch of truck drivers and in 6 months they'll be giving the top UFC heavyweights a fight. Give Mayweather Roach and take who ever wins this Ultimate Fighter a one on one boxing match and despite the 100 lbs difference I'd still think Money would win by points. Take any one of these clowns against a heavyweight boxer and they'd get killed. You can't take some slugger from the streets and in 6 months expect him to even compete with real boxers.
Very good points.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 10:46:36 AM »
Co sign, Mayweather is an amazing fighter, just watching his speed, defensive techniques, etc blows me away every time. The guy is clearly the most disciplined fighter of our time. People who complain about Mayweather not being a brawler just can't appreciate true technical boxing.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »

Damn right it's an art. 

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 01:37:33 PM »
lol real shit. People seem to forget this shit is a SPORT. Not just entertainment for YOU.  I mean, its more entertaining to watch a football game thats 49 to 42.  Unfortunately, there are teams that excel of defense...and to win, they play a defensive game.  Maybe it doesnt entertain certain people, but tough shit. Like my man Herm Edwards said..."YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".  Floyd plays to win the game. Bottom line, right now...nobody in history has a better win percentage.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »

Damn right it's an art. 
Crazy. But Mayweather could of got a good jab in after he dodged the second punch.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »
Guys like Floyd and corner men like Freddie Roach are reasons why I'll never take the UFC more serious than boxing. Boxing is beatiful. And art and a science.
UFC isn't a sport, it's a federation.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »

Damn right it's an art. 
Crazy. But Mayweather could of got a good jab in after he dodged the second punch.

There were a few moments where I think he could have gotten Marquez clean while he was off balanced. Maybe he literally didn't want to be risky whatsoever.  He did increase his power punch numbers from 8-10, so he was looking for the knockout there but it didn't come. 

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »

Damn right it's an art. 
picasso couldnt paint a better picture. look at that shit. attack and evade. despite what people want to say about boxing promotion or whateve at the end of the day BOXING as a sport>>> UFC. you can gett anybody and throw him into UFC he bound to get a couple of wins. but boxing is like chess you got to think in advance about what your opponent is planing to do. UFC= checkers or tic tat toe. anybody can win at these two games but aint no random nigga going to beast in chess or get lucky. the people complaining about the way floyd fight need to get hit a couple of times so buy a professional boxing and tell me if they still want to just slug it out or fight with technique or strategy. with that said EYE WOULD WHOOP ANYBODY'S ASS ON HERE
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »

Damn right it's an art. 
picasso couldnt paint a better picture. look at that shit. attack and evade. despite what people want to say about boxing promotion or whateve at the end of the day BOXING as a sport>>> UFC. you can gett anybody and throw him into UFC he bound to get a couple of wins. but boxing is like chess you got to think in advance about what your opponent is planing to do. UFC= checkers or tic tat toe. anybody can win at these two games but aint no random nigga going to beast in chess or get lucky. the people complaining about the way floyd fight need to get hit a couple of times so buy a professional boxing and tell me if they still want to just slug it out or fight with technique or strategy. with that said EYE WOULD WHOOP ANYBODY'S ASS ON HERE

To be fair, in the heavyweigh decision more so than anywhere else, a slugger with a chin can go very far and win titles with very little boxing talent. A lot depends on rules and era. For example, Ali beat Chuvalo because he outboxed him, in 1925 Chuvalo would have killed him because by round 25 Ali would be dead. Dempsey won a lot of fights because he was tougher, not because he was more skilled.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »

Damn right it's an art. 

To be fair, in the heavyweigh decision more so than anywhere else, a slugger with a chin can go very far and win titles with very little boxing talent. A lot depends on rules and era. For example, Ali beat Chuvalo because he outboxed him, in 1925 Chuvalo would have killed him because by round 25 Ali would be dead. Dempsey won a lot of fights because he was tougher, not because he was more skilled.

But since Ali, skill has gone WAY up in the heavyweight division. Lewis, Tyson, the Klitschko's, hell even Roy Jones... they all proved that to be heavyweight champion you have to have speed, skill and power. Right now boxing is hurting because it's looking for a great heavyweight. You can quote me, when a heavyweight comes and is as dominated and skilled as the champions in the past, UFC will go back to a freak show. Nothing is as great as this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmaHGY7BEog&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RmaHGY7BEog&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5v0vl6iTlC4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5v0vl6iTlC4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
Way up? There were plenty of great boxers in Ali's era. Frazier alone was better than every champ of the last 20 years. Holyfield wasa great boxer but take away his steroids and a lot of guys would have killed him on the way up. Strength and size have a lot to do with it. Because HW is so open it happens that way. Every other weight class there's like a 5 to 10 lbs differential. In HW a 5'9 210 pounder can fight 6'4' 250 pounder and unless the big man has no chin the little guy has an uphill battle the whole way.

My point is that if Tyson lost his chin, and slugger punch and had to win of points he'd never have made to a title fight. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just showing how different the heavyweight division is to the welterweight.

To kill UFC all boxing needs to do is let Vitali enter the UFC to face Lesnar. If Klitschko can simply stand there and KO Brock, no kicking, no ground and pound, just stand there knock himdown, let him get back up then knock him out, everyone and their mother stops giving a shit about UFC.