Author Topic: Wideawake Lara Lavi encourages fans to voice their opinion  (Read 520 times)

woof

Wideawake Lara Lavi encourages fans to voice their opinion
« on: October 02, 2009, 12:43:42 PM »
As you may be aware, there is a power struggle occurring right now within the company. I am the lone advocate for the artists, and significant marketing activity.

Encourage others to voice their concerns as well (no haters please)

Thank you

Lara Lavi, CEO

send your email to info@wideawakehc.com and lara@wideawakehc.com
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 01:07:21 PM by woof »

DTG Entertainment

Re: Wideawake Lara Lavi encourages fans to voice their opinion
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:46:30 PM »
Correct, the last two - it's wideawakehc.com WIDEawake.com isn't theirs. Lol.

woof

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:08:44 PM »
Correct, the last two - it's wideawakehc.com WIDEawake.com isn't theirs. Lol.

thanks, corrected

JohnnyL

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:49:43 PM »
As you may be aware, there is a power struggle occurring right now within the company. I am the lone advocate for the artists, and significant marketing activity.

Thank you

Lara Lavi, CEO

This message is a little troubling.  I hope Lara Lavi doesn't lose control of the company.  Does this statement have something to do with the whole John Payne fiasco?

woof

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 03:02:46 PM »

Thank you

Lara Lavi, CEO

This message is a little troubling.  I hope Lara Lavi doesn't lose control of the company.  Does this statement have something to do with the whole John Payne fiasco?

YES

Snoop Lost Sessions comes out in 8 days and there is no promotion and the mixing is fucked up

FUCK JOHN PAYNE

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
If true, and Lara Lavi is replaced or whatever, i expect future projects to be canceled or remixed. goodbye 2pac untouched album  :-\

Klue

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
wtf with the mixing on the lost session ?

Efrain

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 04:29:02 PM »
Jesus.. this is really fucked up.

Payne isn't going anywhere. I really need to be running Death Row.  :grumpy:

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »
I don't see why everyone is tripping so hard.  You guys think a nobody like John Payne can overthrow Lara Lavi?  She's the fucking CEO of WideAwake.  Payne won't last.

Blasphemy

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
Send her a picture of your cock, saying "If you drop OG Pac tracks, I'll do ya like Ron Jeremy"  8)

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 05:22:52 PM »

Thank you

Lara Lavi, CEO

YES

Snoop Lost Sessions comes out in 8 days and there is no promotion and the mixing is fucked up

FUCK JOHN PAYNE

Okay.  I saw a post on here a few days ago that said John Payne reportedly said something to the effect of the upcoming 2pac and Snoop albums don't need any further promotion.  Is that what you're referring to?  And if so, is there anymore to it than that, or is that pretty much it?  I would think Lara Lavi would have more say in how these releases are handled than John Payne. But if Lara Lavi is referring to it as a "power struggle," there must be something to the idea that someone at Wideawake is "rocking the boat."  

Jimmy H.

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »
I don't see why everyone is tripping so hard.  You guys think a nobody like John Payne can overthrow Lara Lavi?  She's the fucking CEO of WideAwake.  Payne won't last.
But who knows what the situation is over there? If other people with dollars involved want Payne then it could be a different situation altogether. I don't know though. I don't know how the business is broken down over there.

JohnnyL

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 05:50:42 AM »
But who knows what the situation is over there? If other people with dollars involved want Payne then it could be a different situation altogether. I don't know though. I don't know how the business is broken down over there.

Yeah.  That's what I was trying to figure out too.  What's going on over there.  Because I've heard fuck John Payne this and fuck John Payne that, but up until recently I thought people were saying that mostly because they didn't like the way he handled the bonus tracks on "Chronic: Re-Lit."  But if there really is some kind of internal struggle at Wideawake between Lara Lavi and John Payne, I would find it surprising if Lavi was really in danger of losing her job to John Payne.  Isn't Lavi the one who originally hired Payne?  Like you said, I don't know how they do business over there either.  But I would think that it would be unlikely that Lavi would have to worry about losing her job to a subordinate.  On the other hand, I guess Lara Lavi wouldn't characterize it as an "internal struggle" if it wasn't one.

cheesefry

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 06:21:52 AM »
Lol at putting her corporate business online.  Is she running an $18 million company or a fansite?  Phoenix Online has business 101 classes...

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 07:21:26 AM »
is there a real link to this statement from lara, looks fake as fuck
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/