Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG INTERVIEW WITH "THE CORNER"  (Read 363 times)

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
SNOOP DOGG INTERVIEW WITH "THE CORNER"
« on: November 05, 2002, 08:22:05 PM »

I just got this off of the rap chanel with direct t.v check it out.

T.C. - what's up snoop, lets get right in to it, you just gave up smoking what happen.

Snoop - While I was recording a record with Charlie Wilson of the Gap Band he told me that he knew many artist that were in a position just like I am and he had seen them fall off from drugs.  Im getting older now and I have to get wiser. I have 3 kids and I have to be there for them.  Everyone on my label depends on me and I have to make smart decisions.

T.C - What up with the beef with you and you friend and former mentor Dr.Dre.

Snoop - uummm... right now me and Dre are at a stand off.  I need to stand on my own 2 feet.  I need to show I can be great without Dre.  Dre is not Snoop and Snoop is not Dre.  Dre is already a legend and Im trying to get there.  I wish people would stop asking me Dre questions,  right now Snoop is doing Snoop and Dre is doing Dre.  Were going to get back together becuause the people love us together, but Im bout to give the people some new shit.  But its all love Dre.

T.C - What's up with the new record?

Snoop - The new record is all new shit.  I got my crew with the west coast flavor, Me and Premo finally got together, I got Jay, Just blaze, Ludacris, man so much heat is on this album.  I put it together from top to bottom.  Its right up there with Doggystyle!!

T.C - So whats up with the All Stars.

Snoop - The All Stars are doing there thing.  All of em' are on my album and there going to be guesting on some other albums.  Toya is on that new Jay-Z album, he came and swooped her up.  Pick up that Jay-Z album its dope as hell.  But  yeah ..E-White's working on he solo Supafly's coming Mr. Kane is coming with some funky shit, Toya's at the spot so they all doing good.

T.C - So how did you put together the All Stars album.

Snoop - I just tried to bring out all of their talents indivually.  Give them their own space to grow.

T.C - You have a lot of east coast on the album, what were you trying to do with that.

Snoop - Well premo, tek, and scratch are great at what they do.  Its not about east coast production or west cost production it's about great production.  I just wanted to put some west coast vocals on those tracks.  I got prodigy and special ed for that east coast flavor.

T.C - Well thanks Snoop for stoping by the corner but before you guys go what the worst job you had?

Snoop - the worst job I had was selling crack!!  Getting hemmed up by he cops being scared for my life, thats no way to live.  I dont ever want to go back there.

Supafly- the worst job I had was telling a bitch to get out of my house.

Kane - the worst job I had was changing diapers, I got six kids and I hate all that dooky.

Kinda short but I guess him and dre are still cool.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:SNOOP DOGG INTERVIEW WITH "THE CORNER"
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2002, 08:58:51 PM »
Tiiiiiight

Quadruple OG

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2002, 09:44:18 PM »

Supafly- the worst job I had was telling a bitch to get out of my house.

lol

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2002, 10:08:48 PM »
Snoop - Well premo, tek, and scratch are great at what they do.  Its not about east coast production or west cost production it's about great production.

Exactly. Tight interview.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2002, 12:19:29 PM »
Kokane and supafly allowed one answer each  ;D

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Instigator

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2002, 12:35:36 PM »
Tight interview... it's cool that he's hooking up with Jay-Z and Primo. I was feeling him when he said he could stand on his own without Dre... Snoop don't need him, he got equally good or better producers in his camp... the big names featured on the album will make it a success.

PLANT

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2002, 02:59:22 PM »

Snoop - Well premo, tek, and scratch are great at what they do.  Its not about east coast production or west cost production it's about great production.
on point right there

teamorca

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2002, 09:10:23 PM »
I can tell you this snoop has made many albums without dre(see his no limit career, game is to be sold not to be told sold 1 copy to snoop himself) then dre brought him back with bitch please(top dogg), and he was on top of the game.  I don't see why he would want to leave dre when he brings nothing but progress, I don't think there will ever be another album comparable to doggystyle without dre.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2002, 09:20:20 PM »
I can tell you this snoop has made many albums without dre(see his no limit career, game is to be sold not to be told sold 1 copy to snoop himself) then dre brought him back with bitch please(top dogg), and he was on top of the game.  I don't see why he would want to leave dre when he brings nothing but progress, I don't think there will ever be another album comparable to doggystyle without dre.

actually da game sold over 2 million copies, so u obviously don't know ur shit.

BETstaff

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2002, 07:26:40 AM »
Snoops Albums

Doggystyle- (Dre Production) - Classic
Doggfather- (No Dre Production) Shit
Da Game.....- (No Dre Production) Shitter Than DF
Top Dogg- (Dre Production) Gettin Alot Better
Last Meal- (Dre Production) Great Album
Paid Tha Cost (No Dre Production) ??????????????

You Be The Judge

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2002, 07:36:08 AM »

::)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 07:36:34 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2002, 07:50:46 AM »

::)

Doggfather was a pretty good album and had good production by Dj Pooh , Lt Hutton, Soopafly etc so I dont think that Paid Tha Cost to Be Da Bo$$ will be wack  because he got Hi Tek ,Primo , Just Blaze and Dj Pooh as for the featuring  213, Rage,Soopafly,RBX,Goldie and more will be on there so dont hate on the album when it aint even out yet because im sure its gon be a hot record