Poll

Girardi vs Torre

Joe Girardi
1 (20%)
Joe Torre
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Yankee fans... who did you prefer? Joe Girardi or Joe Torre?  (Read 237 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Yankee fans... who did you prefer? Joe Girardi or Joe Torre?
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:22:57 PM »
They were debating this on KLAC 570 earlier today... I know theres a number of Yankee fans at this forum, so I was wondering which manager you guys preferred for your team?

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Yankee fans... who did you prefer? Joe Girardi or Joe Torre?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 11:27:18 PM »
imma be lmao when we win the WS....if it happens to be against the yanks then itll be much sweeter.  :bandit: 

this should be interesting though...considering that girardi hasnt done shit yet....in terms of higher expectations. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:50:36 AM »
Torre's got my rings.

so as of now, Killa T. ;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:56:52 AM »
doesn't matter ...it's about the pitching lol

torre made some badddd managing mvoes the last 5 years
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

sprite

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »
yeah I'm gonna prefer a manager in his 2nd season over a guy who's coached 6 world series teams

who the fuck would even begin to debate this question?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »
yeah I'm gonna prefer a manager in his 2nd season over a guy who's coached 6 world series teams

who the fuck would even begin to debate this question?

joe torre is a below .500 manager without the yankees, fyi
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

sprite

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 01:35:31 PM »
all Joey G has on his resume to this point is one division title and a 3rd place finish in 2 years

unless you put a timeframe on the question like... compared to Torre's years with NY not winning the WS or something, the argument is void

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 01:38:50 PM »
all Joey G has on his resume to this point is one division title and a 3rd place finish in 2 years

unless you put a timeframe on the question like... compared to Torre's years with NY not winning the WS or something, the argument is void

well actually, Joe Girardi won "coach of the year" with the Marlins.  that's another big part of his resume.

anyways, ofcourse Torre achived more in his career.  But in all reality Torre fucked up the last 7 years with bad bullpen moves and mis-managing the team.  He's not as good a manager as Bobby Cox that's for sure  (and I'm a Yankees homer)

sprite

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 01:51:57 PM »
I thought you were just talking about tenures with the Yankees as manager...

and yeah, if you wanna debate 2001-2007 Joe Torre against Girardi so far, it can be entertained....

Cox and Torre... let's see.... looking at the 90's and 00's and stuff

I know the Braves had the consecutive postseason appearances for like 15 years (as did the Yankees... 13 or something?)

Cox could put together some good teams though with inexperienced talent and still compete, obviously with less money

but then again, Torre beat Cox 2 times in the World Series.... once after trailing 0-2 in '96 (winning 4 straight) and sweeping them in '99

the Braves the last 15 years have been notorious chokers... all those postseason appearances, they fell flat right out the gate 90% of the time as favorites

while Joe won 4 world series and 6 AL pennants

I'm not going to say who's better, because I really don't know... just fun to debate I guess

what you think Hack?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »
notice how ever since Don zimmer left the YAnkees they haven't won squat, or made it to a WS :(

blah.