Author Topic: Who Thinks Deathrow Should Be Given Back 2 Suge???  (Read 978 times)

Biggzy

Who Thinks Deathrow Should Be Given Back 2 Suge???
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:35:20 PM »
now i know theres alotta suge haters here despite wat he did for the westcoast n alotta artists but ,cmon, if he ddnt get sold out by some of his artists, ddnt have legal troubles n ddnt get  blackballed by the industry- deathrow would have been the shit!!!

who thinks it should be returned to him? with suge at the helm tha roe n the whole coast would be on the map once again..

Reprise91

Re: Who Thinks Deathrow Should Be Given Back 2 Suge???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:40:57 PM »
No it shouldn't be, stop succin suges dicc you lil groupie, shit.

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
suge had death row for a decade after all the greats left and did fuck all with it

wideawake have been in control for a few months and are putting out more of the music that people wanna hear than suge has

look at it this way
wideawake: chronic re-lit (bonus tracks), snoop lost sessions, 4 disc deathrow release (with unreleased material)
suge: petey pablo, re-releases of the same shit from 10 years ago

pretty sure i know which one i prefer
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »
I think everything Death Row related should be put inside a rocket along with it's biggest "fans" then blasted into space and detonated.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »
lol

I think everything Death Row related should be put inside a rocket along with it's biggest "fans" then blasted into space and detonated.

but nah real talk
wideawake are here now....but years ago they werent here so you gotta respect suge for what he once did cuz at one time he had one of the biggest labels
why it went wrong.....many reasons i guess but this new label is jus takin what suge put so many years of work in and workin wit it from there
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 06:57:28 PM »
now i know theres alotta suge haters here despite wat he did for the westcoast n alotta artists but ,cmon, if he ddnt get sold out by some of his artists, ddnt have legal troubles n ddnt get  blackballed by the industry- deathrow would have been the shit!!!

who thinks it should be returned to him? with suge at the helm tha roe n the whole coast would be on the map once again..

Biggzy   K

:o
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 06:58:43 PM »
Seriously?

In the past couple of months, WideAwake has released over 20 unreleased Death Row tracks by Snoop, Dogg Pound, etc.

In the past few years, Suge hasn't put out anything other than repackaged "best of" compilations.

Do the math.  I'd rather have new shit mixed to a less-than-perfect finished product than to have nothing at all.  I don't want to be 50 years old and waiting for the rest of the stuff to hit the shelves.

woof

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »
HANG EM OUT THE WINDOW SUGE.. AND TELL EM YOU WANT YOUR COMPANY BACK LMAO!!!
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 07:07:04 PM »
yeah true last couple of years suge hasnt done nuthin...but go back years suge has done alot
otherwise wed have jay-z, papa diddy pap and others tryna take this coasts shine
dre is a dope producer but he hes had a label and what exactly has he done for his own coast wit that label?
he had some of the dopest rappers from this coast and what did he do to rep his coast wit that label?
im not hatin on dre or defendin suge...but gotta be fair and give props where its due

Seriously?

In the past couple of months, WideAwake has released over 20 unreleased Death Row tracks by Snoop, Dogg Pound, etc.

In the past few years, Suge hasn't put out anything other than repackaged "best of" compilations.

Do the math.  I'd rather have new shit mixed to a less-than-perfect finished product than to have nothing at all.  I don't want to be 50 years old and waiting for the rest of the stuff to hit the shelves.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 07:16:46 PM »
Seriously?

word..and on top of that, in original form...not no wack ass remixes...

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 07:29:29 PM »
yeah true last couple of years suge hasnt done nuthin...but go back years suge has done alot
otherwise wed have jay-z, papa diddy pap and others tryna take this coasts shine
dre is a dope producer but he hes had a label and what exactly has he done for his own coast wit that label?
he had some of the dopest rappers from this coast and what did he do to rep his coast wit that label?
im not hatin on dre or defendin suge...but gotta be fair and give props where its due
But we can't dwell on the man's contributions from over a decade ago as an excuse for why some people want him in control this far into time.  So after he got out of prison, what has the label put out?

2001: Snoop Doggy Dogg - Greatest Hits... thankfully distanced from all of the other repackaged greatest hits albums with a few unreleased songs
2003: Dysfunktional Family soundtrack... a few cool songs but mostly a bunch of boring ass songs, reminiscent of 80% of Chronic 2000
2005: Kurupt - Against the Grain... nice to hear Kurupt again, but nothing really stood out

So those three mediocre projects aside, what else did Suge do for the West Coast after his release from prison?  Nothing positive.  Sure, he recruited a few mediocre rappers, gave them cash advances, but that's it, really.  It wasn't anything for the "coast," and he didn't even put out their music.

Blacklisting aside, Suge can never recreate what he was a part of.  He can provide the muscle, but never the brains.  Even during the golden age, there were other people handling that... Dre cultivating the talent, then later someone like George Price communicating between the label and the media to project the image that they wanted, and then someone like Pac whose energy was so contagious for labelmates and fans alike, etc.  All Suge did was strong-arm people and provide a lot of the aura that made them so popular outside of the music.  But at the end of the day, it's about the music.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 07:33:02 PM »
Over 50 unreleased songs in 3 months, yeah lets give it back to Suge we dont want to hear unreleased Snoop, Pac and DPG. Who wants to hear Crooked I rapping on a Death Row era Dr.Dre beat.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 07:40:45 PM »

you raise some good points but bottomline
1.you can only hate on suge so much (to a certain degree)

not sayin without this coast would be dead...but some would consider him the spinal cord of this cord cuz dre, snoop, xzibit or anyone else wasnt
and we got haters in other regions tryna stop the rise of the coast
so he steps up and does what he does

now fast forward years later

1.he slips up and gets into some heat in the streets
2.he hasnt released as much muzik that he once did or once was releasin

but still what he once did people have to respect him cuz he was there from day 1 and set the standards and in some ways gave a chance for dre, snoop, others to shine
some would say snoop, dre, and others are livin off of suge's help as in what he did
he put them out there and now there successful but without his big push would they be the same?
prolly not...at least not as big cuz he did so much

would he be able to do so much right now? prolly not but then again there's so many hatin on him and prayin for his downfall its hard also to make a come back (whether it be good, helpful or not)

But we can't dwell on the man's contributions from over a decade ago as an excuse for why some people want him in control this far into time.  So after he got out of prison, what has the label put out?

2001: Snoop Doggy Dogg - Greatest Hits... thankfully distanced from all of the other repackaged greatest hits albums with a few unreleased songs
2003: Dysfunktional Family soundtrack... a few cool songs but mostly a bunch of boring ass songs, reminiscent of 80% of Chronic 2000
2005: Kurupt - Against the Grain... nice to hear Kurupt again, but nothing really stood out

So those three mediocre projects aside, what else did Suge do for the West Coast after his release from prison?  Nothing positive.  Sure, he recruited a few mediocre rappers, gave them cash advances, but that's it, really.  It wasn't anything for the "coast," and he didn't even put out their music.

Blacklisting aside, Suge can never recreate what he was a part of.  He can provide the muscle, but never the brains.  Even during the golden age, there were other people handling that... Dre cultivating the talent, then later someone like George Price communicating between the label and the media to project the image that they wanted, and then someone like Pac whose energy was so contagious for labelmates and fans alike, etc.  All Suge did was strong-arm people and provide a lot of the aura that made them so popular outside of the music.  But at the end of the day, it's about the music.
Cube

cheesefry

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 07:45:45 PM »

yeah for $18 million.  idiot.