Author Topic: Snoop Lost Sessions CD was originally MP3 files??  (Read 1413 times)

woof

Snoop Lost Sessions CD was originally MP3 files??
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:04:49 AM »
thats what they are saying on the official deathrow forum

someone tested his retail cd with auCDtect and found they were originally mp3 files!!

by Schreibs21 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:32 pm
I decided to check the songs from The Lost Sessions using aucdtect, I was quite shocked, I'd advise anyone else that check wav's to do the same, some big surprises in there, I wanna make sure mine wasn't a fluke.
by Schreibs21 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:45 pm

admin wrote:yeah what did you find Schriebs?

well I want someone else to confirm it also, but a number of the songs ripped straight from the cd to wav files came back as originally mp3 files.
by admin on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:28 pm
Scribes shoot me a PM so we can forward on the information you discovered.
http://www.deathrowmusic.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=111&start=30

mixing problems and now this?? i wouldnt be suprised if it was true. its well known KOCH used mp3 files on 15 Years On Death Row and 15 Years On Death Row Vol 2

auCDtect - is a program for determining the authenticity of musical CD records, using the character of the audio information it contains, and predict its possible source is it an original studio record or a reconstruction from a lossy encoded data (for example, MP3).
Accuracy: >95% (for detecting mp3s)

Invincible

Re: Snoop Lost Sessions CD was originally MP3 files??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:12:53 AM »
Why am I not surprised. Cheapskates.

hobomotel

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »
 i ordered this a couple days ago.

Schreibs21

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »
yea that was me, 3 songs came back as mp3, eat a dick, o.g. and got to do wrong. 4 came back as cdda, doggystyle being one of them, the rest it could not determine the source.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »
thats crazy as hell

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:46:45 AM »
It doesn't really surprise me considering they rip the tracks anyhow in MP3.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:59:16 AM »
there were 6 wavs\

2 mp3s

and 10 unknowns
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Schreibs21

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 10:04:14 AM »
there were 6 wavs\

2 mp3s

and 10 unknowns

interesting so you got something different, of course that's why I wanted other people to check also.

BIGWORM

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 10:13:10 AM »
lol it's so they can re-make a "REMASTERED" version of it and make more feddi.

Matty

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 10:19:41 AM »
pathetic. not that it was neccesarily made from mp3s, but it does verify that the sound quality was very poor. although its not exactly hard to hear that.

i've used a little app called tau analyzer before that does the same kind of thing. real useful cause i couldn't remember if particular burnt cds were direct copies of originals or made from mp3s.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:21:24 AM by Matty »

Schreibs21

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
pathetic. not that it was neccesarily made from mp3s, but it does verify that the sound quality was very poor. although its not exactly hard to hear that.

i've used a little app called tau analyzer before that does the same kind of thing. real useful cause i couldn't remember if particular burnt cds were direct copies of originals or made from mp3s.

yea I've been meaning to use tau analyzer as well, it's made by the same people that make aucdtect.

eNgIeS

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »
weird. Why wouldnt they just get directly from the DAT tapes if they have em. Does it cost more money for that to be done. Someone should get at the owner with this info. Shameful

EFFeX

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »
weird. Why wouldnt they just get directly from the DAT tapes if they have em. Does it cost more money for that to be done. Someone should get at the owner with this info. Shameful

It's just them assuming that fans can't tell the difference and we all obviously could after one listen. I attribute it to lazy and careless work ethic.

Young Old Head

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 01:30:15 PM »
wow, weird fo real...

Cash Money Blood Gang

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 01:39:58 PM »

It's just them assuming that fans can't tell the difference and we all obviously could after one listen. I attribute it to lazy and careless work ethic.

Don't forget Cheapassery.