Author Topic: Jay Z speaks about 2pac(sample) and Suge Knight  (Read 134 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay Z speaks about 2pac(sample) and Suge Knight
« on: November 12, 2002, 04:42:03 PM »
I remember he called [and] said, 'We got this joint, it has to be the best beat you ever made," Kanye said of how the song came about. " 'Just picture if you got my first single — Hov and Beyoncé — how big you would be then.' "

As Kanye confidently came into Baseline with a beat that takes from Tupac Shakur's 1996 song "Me and My Girlfriend," he played the track for Jay. Nodding his head, Jay suddenly yelled, "Cut that off a second!" before going closer to the speaker.

"That's going to be a problem," Jay said with a smile moments later, making it clear he liked what he heard. "Turn that back on!"

"I knew that record was going to cause a stir," Jay recalled weeks after the session.

Jay didn't put a call into Phillip Michael Thomas' Psychic Friends Network, but was nonetheless dead-on with his prophecy. He probably didn't think his song would cause the kind of stir it did, however.

"Ya heard!" an irate Toni Braxton said to New York radio personality Wendy Williams last month, while phoning into Williams' show. Braxton, who also took from Tupac's song for a track on her album called "Me and My Boyfriend," accused Jay of biting her idea. Jay has denied those allegations.

Ironically, the biggest problem that could have come when trying to put out his " '03 Bonnie & Clyde" turned out not to be a dilemma at all. Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, and Suge Knight were willing to clear the sample for Jay.

"It was nothing personal, we never met," Jay said of the disses Pac threw at him on record before his passing. "You know, he and Big went through their thing. I was Big's man, that was the extent of our big beef. Whatever [animosity] we had died with him.

"Suge was real cool," Jay continued about getting the sample cleared. "He was like, 'We are above that bull or whatever, I'm cool with it.' Tupac's mom and Ms. Wallace gave me an award one time on MTV, [and Afeni Shakur] said to me, 'When I hugged you onstage, whatever my son had [with you] was over.' I was like, 'It was over for me before that.' Every show I did there was a moment I took to say, 'Put your two up for Tupac, put your lighter up for Big.' She asked me to be on [Tupac's] next album and this is probably an album that has more stuff on there about me and I was like, 'Cool.' Like I said, he's not here to repair our relationship."

One relationship that is in no need of repair is Jay's relationship with Beyoncé. It seems all good, and he's trying to keep it that way, thus his evasiveness when talking about the extent of their bond.

"If you are from the 'hood and you got 1,000 people living in the projects, you got 1,000 people in your business," he said of being tight-lipped. "It's going to put a strain on your relationship that you would never, ever believe. So I wouldn't put 80 million people in [our relationship]. So I'm not saying yes, I'm not saying no. Listen to the record, maybe it's entertainment, maybe it's not."

Sometimes it seems that being an entertainer brings Jay as many problems as it does perks. However, in the end, he looks at everything as a blessing.

"I have a gift and with that gift certain things come with it," Hovi said. "You have to put up with people who think of you this way and people who think of you that way. And put up with not ever having a moment to chill or relax if you're outside.

"There is never a downtime in your life," he continued. "Your whole life you are in a glass, you're a in a fish tank, you can't go outside. You can't have bad days. If I don't want to sign 50 autographs, I will do 25, and [some people might say], 'Well, I bought your album.' You can't explain it to them that 'I m just feeling a little sick today.' The more you explain, the worse it gets. Like 'My arm is broken,' 'Oh, you can't sign with your other hand?' It's cool though, because at the end of the day it's out of love."

Die Kolumne klingt gut.... sagt aber doch eigentlich nur, daß 4players entscheidet, wann Dinge willkommen oder nicht erwünscht sind.
wie jemand am bsp Heavy Rain gut festgestellt hat.
Sie entscheiden, ob ein Spiel wie Bioshock genügend Abwechslung, Freiheit und Tiefe beinhaltet.
Sie entscheiden , wann es erlaubt ist eine Welt oder einen Moment zu genießen.
Ebenfalls unterstützte ich die Meinung eines meiner Vorgänger , daß Videospiele Unterhaltung sind und dort klare Regeln einfach Quatsch sind.
Verzichtet doch mal auf ALLE Games, die sich nicht an eure Regeln halten und ihr werdet merken , was euch entgeht.
ach moment ..ihr brecht ja schon eure Regeln , damit ihr nichts verpasst.....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:59:07 AM by Inmate »