Author Topic: Jigga on pace to sell 600-700,000...  (Read 412 times)

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
Jigga on pace to sell 600-700,000...
« on: November 13, 2002, 10:06:38 AM »
...from hitsdailydouble...Damn here in Nyc shit is basically sold out everywhere...There hasn't been a rap album other than Eminem selling like this in a minute...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Jigga on pace to sell 600-700,000...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 11:05:19 AM »
remember its  double album, so thats really 300-350,000 first week which is Jay Z's worst debut in years.

If this info is true....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 02:16:02 PM »
remember its  double album, so thats really 300-350,000 first week which is Jay Z's worst debut in years.

If this info is true....

Worse debut in years?  That's a really stupid comment.  First of BOBW and Unplugged both sold well below this, and those numbers are huge.  Seriously-if you dont like the album--FINE..but to say those numbers are bad is just really sad.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

teecee

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 03:13:46 PM »
King Suge: don't wanna get into an argument with you as usual cuz i dont have time for bullshit, but in reality this will be Jigga's worst debut in a long time.  The blueprint sold 450,000 first week, while Blueprint 2 is on pace for 700,000 (meaning only 350,000 cuz its a double album).  Plus, you cant really count an Unplugged cd as those never sell as well as normal albums.  
   Still, a pretty nice first week for jay, but he needed to have a video out byt now to put up major first week sales.......maybe once more of the general public hears BOnnie and CLyde 03 and see the video, his salesd will go through the roof.

So, in actuality, this album is Jigga's worst debut in years.............so Militant Tech isnt that stupid after all.  And this has nothing to do with me liking the album (it has some hot songs for sure)....

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 03:54:39 PM »
King Suge: don't wanna get into an argument with you as usual cuz i dont have time for bullshit, but in reality this will be Jigga's worst debut in a long time.  The blueprint sold 450,000 first week, while Blueprint 2 is on pace for 700,000 (meaning only 350,000 cuz its a double album).  Plus, you cant really count an Unplugged cd as those never sell as well as normal albums.  
   Still, a pretty nice first week for jay, but he needed to have a video out byt now to put up major first week sales.......maybe once more of the general public hears BOnnie and CLyde 03 and see the video, his salesd will go through the roof.

So, in actuality, this album is Jigga's worst debut in years.............so Militant Tech isnt that stupid after all.  And this has nothing to do with me liking the album (it has some hot songs for sure)....

Oh princess..you REALLY shouldnt have responded back...you REALLY shouldnt have.

Time to humiliate this bitch ass...

(straight from www.hitsdailydouble.com)

Indeed, Jay-Z’s latest Roc-A-Fella/IDJ opus, The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse is blowing retail minds after one day in the street, with early reports from national accounts indicating it should sell over 600k for the week.

That’s well ahead of all expectations, but there’s more: Huge demand for the record is exceeding the current supply. If stock problems can be solved quickly, Jay-Z’s first week tally could end up being well over 700k.

Either way, it’s enough to guarantee the IDJ marquee rap star a #1 debut on next week’s chart, according to the pundits who punditize on such things. Or is it punditate? Pundificate?

Anyhow, those pundits are guessing that the 8 Mile soundtrack, which will have the benefit of a full week of sales with the movie in theaters, won’t keep pace with the Z. Just how well the Eminem will do this week remains to be seen, however.

From this article thats obviously not doing the doubling of the album.  If the CD was selling so poorly as bitchass Teecee wants to think..would it be and i fucking quote "Blowing retailers mind"..would it be and again bitch--i quote--"Deman exceeding supply"...lol-get off my dick

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 04:01:05 PM »
The cd does not count as double by soundscan...Jigga realistically is selling 700,000...Only the RIAA doubles it when it certifies it...Pac's All Eyez ON Me has SOUNDSCANNED 5 million but RIAA has certified it 10XPlat...Jigga is doing 300k probably in NYC alone...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 04:14:34 PM »
The cd does not count as double by soundscan...Jigga realistically is selling 700,000...Only the RIAA doubles it when it certifies it...Pac's All Eyez ON Me has SOUNDSCANNED 5 million but RIAA has certified it 10XPlat...Jigga is doing 300k probably in NYC alone...

I anxiously await Teecee replying.  He tried to expose the King and made himself look 3/4 retarded.  LOL..Jigga is gonna got platinum plus this week despite the demand being higher than the supply. DAMMIT--tell me Jigga isnt running shit now.  Seriously--I am awaiting Teecees response and apology :)  Ill be here all night..

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2002, 04:18:41 PM »
when i go to hitsdailydouble i just get a black screen with an add on it but i can't do anything anymore...kingsuge, can you post a link to it for me, thanks, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 04:44:09 PM »

If this info is true....

Worse debut in years?  That's a really stupid comment.  First of BOBW and Unplugged both sold well below this, and those numbers are huge.  Seriously-if you dont like the album--FINE..but to say those numbers are bad is just really sad.

stupid? whats stupid is you comparing BOBW and Unplugged to a solo Jigga joint

BOBW- no promotion, huge scandal
Unplugged- it was a MTV complitaion joint

so what the hell are u comparin?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 04:45:53 PM »

If this info is true....
BitchTech..heres the bottom line.

Jigga is well on his way to selling over 600,000 copies...700,000 copies if they can get teh supply up with the damand.  Thats somewhere between 1.2 million and 1.4 million.  Hate me now..

stupid? whats stupid is you comparing BOBW and Unplugged to a solo Jigga joint

BOBW- no promotion, huge scandal
Unplugged- it was a MTV complitaion joint

so what the hell are u comparin?

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2002, 04:49:22 PM »
This damned forum ruined my last post.  Anyways-BitchTech..sunshine..the CD is going to sell over 600,000 copies..700,000 if the supply can meet up with the damnad.  Thats between 1.2 million and 1.4 million discs sold.  Those are bad numbers?  LOL--you seriously are a worthless piece of shit.

You can hate me now..

::Walks out and spits on BitchTech::

teecee

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2002, 05:20:38 PM »
Hey King SUge, i tried to come at you civilized, but you gotta turn everything into bullshit and dissing; if you always want drama, so be it, i am not biting this time.  I know you are sitting at your keyboard "anxiously awaiting my reply", so here it is: if he really is selling 700,000 first week, props to him, my bad i thought it was doubled, ok?

I never said Jigga wasn't running shit by the way, and i like Jay z and his new album is pretty good so its not about hating or whatever you think man.  I think Bonnie and Clyde 03 is a great single (not my kinda thing though) and i expected Jigga to sell major units)....

So, i don't think i am 3/4 retarded, in fact i got a university degree.  What is retarded is you calling me a bitch and a princess, and thinking you run shit, and that you are the king.  If the internet makes you feel like you got all the power, than i guess i can give you that cuz you obviously ain't got much going on elsewhere.  peace King SUge

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2002, 05:23:00 PM »
LOL look at this drama queen catching feelings

I'll respond back to you when you get off ya period, queen

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2002, 05:23:58 PM »
by the way sunshine, I must commend you on your marvelous manipulation of words

Militant Tech= Bitch Tech

thats genius there...wow...

- Lewis Carroll