Author Topic: No Vaseline has to be the funniest track in westcoast history  (Read 976 times)

Blasphemy

Re: No Vaseline has to be the funniest track in westcoast history
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 08:56:25 AM »
Hit em up is mostly just Aggression and content that's more personal. Vaseline was just a tirade, built off raw aggression and anger and telling the truth about Jerry Hella. Hit em up was more personal given "I fucked your bitch" shit, but Vaseline was harsher, cause what he said was later confirmed to be the truth. It was only a rumor Tupac fucked faith.
he wasn't telling the truth about Jerry Heller at all, he was just running his mouth

Goes like this. Ice Cube realized he wasn't getting his proper pay (he wrote over half of Straight outta Compton, but wasn't get proper compensation). So he left, Dre later found out Eazy was getting more, so he left with the help of suge. Then it was later found Jerry was taking money from the whole group.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »
Hit em up is mostly just Aggression and content that's more personal. Vaseline was just a tirade, built off raw aggression and anger and telling the truth about Jerry Hella. Hit em up was more personal given "I fucked your bitch" shit, but Vaseline was harsher, cause what he said was later confirmed to be the truth. It was only a rumor Tupac fucked faith.
he wasn't telling the truth about Jerry Heller at all, he was just running his mouth

Goes like this. Ice Cube realized he wasn't getting his proper pay (he wrote over half of Straight outta Compton, but wasn't get proper compensation). So he left, Dre later found out Eazy was getting more, so he left with the help of suge. Then it was later found Jerry was taking money from the whole group.
no einstein, lol at believing that bullshit.

ice cube just wanted a bigger piece of the pie ( ego tripping).
Dre wanted his own company like Eazy-E & his vision was blurry at the time, so he sold his soul to the devil.
not really an improvement from Ruthless now was it.

why do you think Dre & Ice Cube were never able to expose Jerry Heller with facts?
at least Jerry Heller came with a proper response.

Aside from the line about fucking your wife, Hit Em Up was basically just a song talking about how Pac would run thru Biggie and the rest of bad boy. Not really personal at all aside from that one line. Think about it this way, If you take out the line about fucking Biggie's wife, you could subsitute the name of any rapper and still have it work. No Vaseline was a truly personal record, dissing Dre and Yella's past, Eazy and Heller not paying him his dues, N.W.A.'s credibility, etc.

And Dre-Day, Ice Cube had to get a lawyer and legally get the money that Heller didn't want to give him. So obviously there's truth to it.
where did that story come from? allhiphop.com?
↲↲↲I Agree Wit My Homie Here Jerry Heller Was Fuccin Cube, Eazy And N.W.A. Str8 Up He Was The Reason N.W.A. Split Up Thats Real

lol you're just being a sheep.
greed broke up NWA, nothing else

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:25:19 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 01:57:42 PM »
^^^ School these fools Dre-Day, I don't think Ice Cube understood how royalty's worked back then. The producer gets 50%, and then the other 50% of writing/rapping is split between the rest of the group. And this is after the label and manager has taken a cut lol. If Jerry was the devil, then so was Eazy

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 02:10:05 PM »
^^^ School these fools Dre-Day, I don't think Ice Cube understood how royalty's worked back then. The producer gets 50%, and then the other 50% of writing/rapping is split between the rest of the group. And this is after the label and manager has taken a cut lol. If Jerry was the devil, then so was Eazy
wasn't that the point of No Vaseline?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 02:17:47 PM »
yeah it's like, if you bark out loud, people will believe you.

Cube was just trying to assasinate Jerry Heller & Eazy's personality.
it's not like his company is any different

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »

Aside from the line about fucking your wife, Hit Em Up was basically just a song talking about how Pac would run thru Biggie and the rest of bad boy. Not really personal at all aside from that one line. Think about it this way, If you take out the line about fucking Biggie's wife, you could subsitute the name of any rapper and still have it work. No Vaseline was a truly personal record, dissing Dre and Yella's past, Eazy and Heller not paying him his dues, N.W.A.'s credibility, etc.

And Dre-Day, Ice Cube had to get a lawyer and legally get the money that Heller didn't want to give him. So obviously there's truth to it.

I read an Ice Cube interview where he broke it down pretty much. The money they got paid was for Straight Outta Compton, but no one was getting paid for Eazy Duz It. Since it was an Eazy E record, Eazy was trying to claim that the money from that record was his, even though Ice Cube did half the work on it.

They were basically being signed into set contracts and these being young guys who had no idea about the music business, all signed into it because they were being given more money than they had seen before (even though they should've been getting more). Cube was the only one who wouldn't sign a contract. Now this does happen a lot in the music business, but on the other hand, the company was being run by their homie, not by some random white rich label owner. I don't think they expected to get taken advantage of by their own friend. Surely you don't think Cube, Dre and Ren ALL had issues with Eazy just for the hell of it?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 01:36:05 AM »

I read an Ice Cube interview where he broke it down pretty much. The money they got paid was for Straight Outta Compton, but no one was getting paid for Eazy Duz It. Since it was an Eazy E record, Eazy was trying to claim that the money from that record was his, even though Ice Cube did half the work on it.

They were basically being signed into set contracts and these being young guys who had no idea about the music business, all signed into it because they were being given more money than they had seen before (even though they should've been getting more). Cube was the only one who wouldn't sign a contract. Now this does happen a lot in the music business, but on the other hand, the company was being run by their homie, not by some random white rich label owner. I don't think they expected to get taken advantage of by their own friend. Surely you don't think Cube, Dre and Ren ALL had issues with Eazy just for the hell of it?
MC Ren didn't have issues with Eazy-E over money: MC Ren didn't want to diss Dr.Dre.
besides, there's no point in arguing with you any further if you continue to ignore the facts.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 01:44:55 AM »

MC Ren didn't have issues with Eazy-E over money: MC Ren didn't want to diss Dr.Dre.
besides, there's no point in arguing with you any further if you continue to ignore the facts.

How do you know 100% that you have all the facts? Im not jumping on either side I think that neither side unless the name is Cube, Dre, Yella, Ren or Hella knows 100% whats up. Speculation and rumors are all thats been floated. Its OPINION which side you choose to believe.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 01:57:24 AM »

How do you know 100% that you have all the facts? Im not jumping on either side I think that neither side unless the name is Cube, Dre, Yella, Ren or Hella knows 100% whats up. Speculation and rumors are all thats been floated. Its OPINION which side you choose to believe.
i never stated that i have all the facts.
besides, no one is completely objective as it's all perception at the end of the day, but it is a fact that my vision is not mainly based on rumours.
also, how can you state that the NWA members know everything, when they weren't businessmen at the time?
but if you want to throw Yella in there, he was saying that the group was fairly compensated, but Eazy-E was getting more as he owned the company.

by the way, i wouldn't call Jerry Heller's book a collection of rumours either: yeah he talks some shit, but he's an experienced manager & knows more about the music business that NWA all together.
it's just a matter of reading between the lines, i can do that, can you?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 06:53:20 PM »

Jerry Heller for president!  ;D

Lol :P

Chad Vader

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 06:50:54 AM »
^^^ School these fools Dre-Day, I don't think Ice Cube understood how royalty's worked back then.
The producer gets 50%, and then the other 50% of writing/rapping is split between the rest of the group.
And this is after the label and manager has taken a cut lol. If Jerry was the devil, then so was Eazy
yeah it's like, if you bark out loud, people will believe you.

Cube was just trying to assassinate Jerry Heller & Eazy's personality.
it's not like his company is any different

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Heller for president!  ;D

Lol :P

Hallelujah!!!!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Jaydc

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 01:27:42 AM »
I love it when people like dre-day assume to know everything as if they were actually present during the occurences.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 01:39:43 AM »
I love it when people like dre-day assume to know everything as if they were actually present during the occurences.
and i love irony :laugh:
who's assuming now