Poll

Who is the most overrated DECEASED rapper?

2Pac
7 (35%)
Notorious B.I.G.
6 (30%)
Big Pun
4 (20%)
Big L
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Who is the most overrated DECEASED rapper?  (Read 255 times)

Jome

Who is the most overrated DECEASED rapper?
« on: November 18, 2002, 05:47:08 PM »
Yup, maybe Big L shouldn't have been in the poll though, all I know is that there were more Big L fans than ever after he died.

S.G.V.

Re:Who is the most overrated DECEASED rapper?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 06:11:01 PM »
refer to my post in the other thread similar to this for my answer....cuz pac had way more fans after he died than big l ever had...and plus Big L wouldve blazed pac without even usin a 1/16 of his skill

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 06:48:19 PM »
^^ Nah dogg, that pic ain't too big.

And I think artistly wise, 'Pac was far from underrated. Battling maybe different, but his skillz held up.

Most overrated is Big Pun, 'cause he was called the greatest latin rapper ever, when Frost, ALT, B-Real, homies in the Beatnuts, Chino XL, Lil' Rob and plenty others have shown great skillz. I ain't saying Big Pun sucked, but Chino against Big Pun, case close.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 06:54:56 PM »
refer to my post in the other thread similar to this for my answer....cuz pac had way more fans after he died than big l ever had...and plus Big L wouldve blazed pac without even usin a 1/16 of his skill

I'm glad u put that big booty in your post cause it took away all my get back after hearing u bash Pac.
I cannot understand why peep's would say overated and Pac's name in the same sentence, but your opinion's are golden and I respect ya point's.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2002, 07:01:52 PM »

And I think artistly wise, 'Pac was far from underrated. Battling maybe different, but his skillz held up.

Most overrated is Big Pun, 'cause he was called the greatest latin rapper ever, when Frost, ALT, B-Real, homies in the Beatnuts, Chino XL, Lil' Rob and plenty others have shown great skillz. I ain't saying Big Pun sucked, but Chino against Big Pun, case close.

Yo homie no Westcoast Latin rapper will do what Pun did....all them same sounding dudes will never be big worldwide, combined they won't push unit's next to Pun, that being said sold lp's don't make Pun the best but his lyrical and delivery made his above the rest in your list.
Frost
B Real/Sen Dog
Mellow Man Ace
The only other names that could be included in this discussion along side Pun ImO.

Try and follow his flow by reading the lyrics and song at the same time...it will amaze you the words that come outta his mouth with such speed and meaning.
I avoid Chicano rap like the plauge cause that Raz shit is played out...and I'm really tired of hearing talk box in every song, {plus Eazy-E & B-real soundalikes just don't cut it..}

ImO
Hatesrats 2oo2
« Last Edit: November 18, 2002, 07:04:03 PM by Hatesrats »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2002, 07:12:31 PM »
that being said sold lp's don't make Pun the best but his lyrical and delivery made his above the rest in your list.

Try and follow his flow by reading the lyrics and song at the same time...it will amaze you the words that come outta his mouth with such speed and meaning.

ImO
Hatesrats 2oo2

No one is touching Pun when it comes to multi-syllablles. Not Eminem and not even the originator Kool G. Rap. Lyrically Pun was a fuckin' giant, no pun intended and no pun intended from that. The only problem I had was his large ass breaths at the end of some sentences.

platinumk777

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2002, 08:00:02 PM »
Gotta be 2Pac, hands down... sure, he was a GREAT lyricist/activist, but damn, there's just so much one can take. yup, overrated to say the least.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2002, 09:50:53 PM »
Eazy E, LOL.  

S.G.V.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2002, 09:50:55 PM »

good to know that it aint too big...so now i know people wont bitch

I'm glad u put that big booty in your post cause it took away all my get back after hearing u bash Pac.
I cannot understand why peep's would say overated and Pac's name in the same sentence, but your opinion's are golden and I respect ya point's.
;D thank god!..lol...but na i back up everything i say bad about pac...i dont just throw out comments...i back it up...all those points got me feeling that pac was way too overrated....

Yo homie no Westcoast Latin rapper will do what Pun did....all them same sounding dudes will never be big worldwide, combined they won't push unit's next to Pun, that being said sold lp's don't make Pun the best but his lyrical and delivery made his above the rest in your list.
Frost
B Real/Sen Dog
Mellow Man Ace
The only other names that could be included in this discussion along side Pun ImO.

I avoid Chicano rap like the plauge cause that Raz shit is played out...and I'm really tired of hearing talk box in every song, {plus Eazy-E & B-real soundalikes just don't cut it..}

ImO
Hatesrats 2oo2
ok...now i dont know what u got against latin rap...sure sales wise and lyrically pun was probably the best(behind Chino XL & 2Mex lyrically)...but to say hes better than Frost, Cypress or Mellow Man Ace is ridiculous...they were the originators...they opened the doors for him...now...Raza shit is just as played as gangsta rap if ur gonna put it that way...its just as tired as Bosko, Quik or Battlecat(they all use the talk box...u seem to not like talk box in songs)...as for Eazy E & B-Real soundalikes...i find that very stupid...nobody aside from homie from Psycho Realm even had a close sound to B-Real and no one sounds like Eazy E...u heard Knightowl?...he sounds like neither or them...Snapper sounds like neither of them...name me Three Chicano/Latin Rappers that sound like Eazy E and same of B-Real...

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2002, 10:11:44 PM »
Biggie was by far the most overrated. He made only two albums, and people call him the greatest ever. No way. At least Pac had enough material under his belt to be worthy of being called the g.o.a.t.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Myrealname

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2002, 10:54:42 PM »

Frost
B Real/Sen Dog
Mellow Man Ace

ImO
Hatesrats 2oo2
If Big Pun was a west coast rapper would have been different.....Pun was a tight NEW YORK EAST COAST rapper.

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2002, 12:08:06 AM »
i have to go wit 2pac i definently think he iz overrated. im out!!!