Author Topic: Why does ESPN suck so bad ??  (Read 482 times)

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
Why does ESPN suck so bad ??
« on: December 04, 2009, 03:26:44 PM »
Besides when they actually show games....why do they repeat the same damn thing ALL DAMN DAY??

im tired of it, if u watch for 30min to 1 hour you get bored cuz they keep showing the same highlights over and over.  When ur at a bar and they have ESPN on, it just repeats the same shit. 

Then their coverage on soccer/fubol is LAME...there are soooo many games going on every week and they show like 20sec...then its back to analyzing football and baseball for 18 hours/day  ::)
I mean a good soccer game could end 4-3 and when they show highlights, its so quick u dont even get to see all the goals and highlights.  They show like 2 goals and then the final score. 

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Why does ESPN suck so bad ??
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »
Most people in the United States don't care about soccer, so of course they're aren't going to show much highlights.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:59:46 PM »
Most people in the United States don't care about soccer, so of course they're aren't going to show much highlights.

well first of all, this is not about soccer.   That was just an example.  This thread is about espn not having enough material to entertain the viewer.  They REPEAT the same thing every hour.  After watching for an hour, i have just about seen every highlight of the day they're gonna show.

and to the soccer thing, if its not popular in america then why are there soccer fields everywhere and every weekend there are millions of kids who play it?
does the term soccer mom ring a bell?  what about the millions of immigrants who live here and came from soccer crazy countrys?
there are many people who like soccer here and if there was more access to it on channels like ESPN then they would get their ratings

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 01:17:14 PM »

well first of all, this is not about soccer.   That was just an example.  This thread is about espn not having enough material to entertain the viewer.  They REPEAT the same thing every hour.  After watching for an hour, i have just about seen every highlight of the day they're gonna show.

and to the soccer thing, if its not popular in america then why are there soccer fields everywhere and every weekend there are millions of kids who play it?
does the term soccer mom ring a bell?  what about the millions of immigrants who live here and came from soccer crazy countrys?
there are many people who like soccer here and if there was more access to it on channels like ESPN then they would get their ratings

I think Soccer is a fairly popular sport to play for youth, just not nearly as many people are into pro soccer in the US as basketball, baseball, football, etc.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »
honestly, if i woke up & turned SportsCenter on & they showed like 25 minutes of straight Soccer highlights & insight, i would shut it off lol.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 07:10:57 PM »
Actually I wouldn't mind soccer on ESPN. Hell they show bowling and poker, which are not sports to me. So why not some soccer. I would just say, fuck it, better than when ESPN showed AWA wrestling and Monster truck rallies in the 80's.

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »
ESPN is a joke and majority of intelligent sport fans have stopped watching ESPN unless it's to watch an actual game.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:06 PM »

That what ESPN Deportes is for, showing the soccer games & highlights.  It would help if ESPN gets the NHL back on there.  And they suck also with the large doses of poker coverage.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »
again this is not about soccer......ok another example...

im watching sportcenter and they're showing nba highlights..ok cool...hell yea.....so they show a quick 30sec of the best moments and they cut to score :-/   i mean COME OOONNNN....ive been waiting all day to see this and all u can show me is a quick 30sec highlight with NO replays???? 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »
It would be nice to see them analyze every game in depth but there isn't enough time for that.  People want instant and short highlights and results. 

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 04:52:37 PM »
Watch the league networks... the MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL networks are really putting a hurt on ESPN.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 12:09:53 PM »
Watch the league networks... the MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL networks are really putting a hurt on ESPN.

ya if they make those just a little cheaper, ESPN would be done!

thisoneguy360

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »

Yeah, with Comcast I get those free, they're cool and all but no analyst team is perfect. Definitely better than ESPN though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 12:37:47 PM »

im watching sportcenter and they're showing nba highlights..ok cool...hell yea.....so they show a quick 30sec of the best moments and they cut to score :-/   i mean COME OOONNNN....ive been waiting all day to see this and all u can show me is a quick 30sec highlight with NO replays???? 

well if you could get your chips up, get DVR & give yourself as many replays as you want.

& if it's that special of a play, i got a website that has billions of clips of all those great "i wanna see that again!" plays - youtube.com :D

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 07:44:49 PM »

well if you could get your chips up, get DVR & give yourself as many replays as you want.

& if it's that special of a play, i got a website that has billions of clips of all those great "i wanna see that again!" plays - youtube.com :D

its not the same as seeing it on tv with analysts

i just hate going to bars and restaurants and in the span of 1-2 hours that ur there, u see the same shit over and over....alot of times they miss some good highlights too....worst is when they dont show slow mo replay