Poll

yes or no?

yes
17 (53.1%)
no, the b-side effect idea was a great marketing move
15 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Should Hit Em Up have been included on All Eyez On Me?  (Read 735 times)

Schreibs21

Re: Should Hit Em Up have been included on All Eyez On Me?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 01:16:06 PM »
Why all the hate for whatz ya phone #?  I've heard people now and then say it shouldn't have been on AEOM.  Always thought it was a good track and still do, like the way he used the Time '777-9311' sample.  That's a hard drum pattern to flow over because it's so unusual, Pac handles it well.  Don't know any other rappers that could have matched a flow to it without sounding corny.

I don't hate it, and you're right not too many people could pull off rapping over that beat. But, imo some of the songs that were cut from aeom are a lot better than it.

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »
Why all the hate for whatz ya phone #?  I've heard people now and then say it shouldn't have been on AEOM.  Always thought it was a good track and still do, like the way he used the Time '777-9311' sample.  That's a hard drum pattern to flow over because it's so unusual, Pac handles it well.  Don't know any other rappers that could have matched a flow to it without sounding corny.

That track is hilarious. Bangs in a system too.
always liked the song...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 03:37:45 PM »
Pac only had subliminal disses on AEOM  (other than wispering bad boy killa on "No more pain")

and then in like June of '06 Hit em up drops on the how do u want it single as a b-side and it sells atleast 2 or 3 million copies in the US alone

would it have been better on AEOM or as a bside?

"Holla At Me" was clearly a Biggie diss and one of his best songs ever IMO. But thats interesting, "Hit Em Up" came out in 2006? Lol

But I agree, it should've replaced "Whatz Ya Phone #"

It would have been the perfect song to replace what's ya phone #

True. That's prolly the only song from 'Pac and Johnny 'J' that I don't like..Nu-Mixx version is much better :)

Hell yeah! The Nu-Mixx 2 version is amazing.

Nah musically it really does not fit AEOM.

btw whatz ya phone # is a great track

You're a girl.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »
I think we can all agree that Play Your Cards Right (OG) should have been on All Eyes On Me.

Despite the fact that we only have a decent quality remaster of PYCR, its actually one of my favorite SONGS (not rap songs, not 2pac songs) of all time.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »
I think we can all agree that Play Your Cards Right (OG) should have been on All Eyes On Me.

Despite the fact that we only have a decent quality remaster of PYCR, its actually one of my favorite SONGS (not rap songs, not 2pac songs) of all time.

i think Lil Homies, Still I Rise, Changed Man, Don't Go To Sleep, When I Get Free remake and LAte Night were also songs that PAc shouldn't have cut :(

AEOM really could have been a 3 disc CD
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 06:34:07 PM »
This is about 2pac and not Crooked I wtf.

Anyways I can't believe the hate Whatz Ya Phone Number gets. It's a great song and I wouldn't take it off the album for anything.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »

yeah classic track i luv it

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 03:55:04 AM »
all eyez.... was better without hit em up.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

2euce 7even

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 05:04:27 AM »
the question is: why wasnt hit em up on AEOM?

V2DHeart

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 06:27:03 AM »

i think Lil Homies, Still I Rise, Changed Man, Don't Go To Sleep, When I Get Free remake and LAte Night were also songs that PAc shouldn't have cut :(

AEOM really could have been a 3 disc CD

Hell yeah
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

BIGWORM

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
Naw it was a perfect move putting it out on the single. Plus the mixing of "hit em up" was horrible. I can't listen to that track with head phones because you can hear them gasping for air on the mic. AOEM was perfect the way it was since it's release there hasn't been a album like it.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

Because Pac didn't fuck Faith until after AEOM came out.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 02:54:51 PM »

never thought about this lol. no doubt that he fucked her really

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »

WRONG

pac fucked her while recording "wonder why they call u bitch"   
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
The one and only thing i dont like about Whatz ur phone # is the outro... and it would've been a sick track with a 3rd verse!

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)