Poll

yes or no?

yes
17 (53.1%)
no, the b-side effect idea was a great marketing move
15 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Should Hit Em Up have been included on All Eyez On Me?  (Read 734 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Should Hit Em Up have been included on All Eyez On Me?
« on: December 04, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
Pac only had subliminal disses on AEOM  (other than wispering bad boy killa on "No more pain")

and then in like June of '06 Hit em up drops on the how do u want it single as a b-side and it sells atleast 2 or 3 million copies in the US alone

would it have been better on AEOM or as a bside?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Should Hit Em Up have been included on All Eyez On Me?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »
Nah musically it really does not fit AEOM.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:46:41 PM »
It would have been the perfect song to replace what's ya phone #

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »
know what songs DID?

don't go to sleep and changed man

why the hell did Pac cut those?  and LEAVE ON whats ya phone #? :(
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:41:25 AM »

True. That's prolly the only song from 'Pac and Johnny 'J' that I don't like..Nu-Mixx version is much better :)

MIKE HAWK

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 01:44:02 AM »
it would have been cool if it was a hidden track on the album like at the end of the cd i remember chino xl had that on H2SUA

2euce 7even

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 01:56:09 AM »

word up.

subliminal disses: holla at me is about biggie

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 03:21:15 AM »

btw whatz ya phone # is a great track

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

kuruptlon

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 06:30:03 AM »

btw whatz ya phone # is a great track

seconded pac just flowed on that track

Schreibs21

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 08:02:25 AM »
hit em up was recorded after aeom was out, so it couldn't have made the album.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »
hit em up was recorded after aeom was out, so it couldn't have made the album.
^ This. But if Hit Em Up were recorded during the same sessions (hypothetically speaking of course), then I'd say it might fit the album, given its production along with Pac's style at that point in his career.

Besides, while How Do U Want It went double platinum, Hit Em Up was not a huge factor for those sales figures. I don't doubt that it generated some buzz (as I clearly remember MTV having some news brief about it during their "ten to the hour, every hour" reports, but keep in mind that it had the three main radio singles at that time (one of which wasn't available on the album, which was a clever marketing move in itself) and was only $4.99, compared to the full price of the double album, which may have been more of a stretch to some people.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 08:45:32 AM »
Why all the hate for whatz ya phone #?  I've heard people now and then say it shouldn't have been on AEOM.  Always thought it was a good track and still do, like the way he used the Time '777-9311' sample.  That's a hard drum pattern to flow over because it's so unusual, Pac handles it well.  Don't know any other rappers that could have matched a flow to it without sounding corny.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 09:01:07 AM »
Why all the hate for whatz ya phone #?  I've heard people now and then say it shouldn't have been on AEOM.  Always thought it was a good track and still do, like the way he used the Time '777-9311' sample.  That's a hard drum pattern to flow over because it's so unusual, Pac handles it well.  Don't know any other rappers that could have matched a flow to it without sounding corny.

That track is hilarious. Bangs in a system too.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 09:03:46 AM »

that nigga CROOKED I has shown us he can rap over any, ANY beat and make it sound hot.

Okka

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 09:16:49 AM »

that nigga CROOKED I has shown us he can rap over any, ANY beat and make it sound hot.

This topic has nothin to do with Crooked I and still you mention his name once again :D