Author Topic: Yellow Light Of Death (PS3)  (Read 470 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Yellow Light Of Death (PS3)
« on: December 11, 2009, 04:43:10 PM »
just happened to me right now, ne1 else got it b4?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: Yellow Light Of Death (PS3)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »
Yup, luckily when it happened it was the week of the ps3 slim release.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:14:55 AM »
Mine YLOD' months ago, I had a launch model. Other models dying out too?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 01:44:36 PM »
Mine YLOD' months ago, I had a launch model. Other models dying out too?

same here i had the launch model

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »
Got a 5yr warranty on mine (prolly don't need it). Took it into the shop, and they gave me a refurbished 60gb BC, which was great...........but I lost all my saves etc.

I wonder if they'll replace a 60gb with a 60gb or with the new slim, since they're out now.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 03:59:18 PM »
Got a 5yr warranty on mine (prolly don't need it). Took it into the shop, and they gave me a refurbished 60gb BC, which was great...........but I lost all my saves etc.

I wonder if they'll replace a 60gb with a 60gb or with the new slim, since they're out now.

BC?

but u lost all your saves? i herd if u give it to sony it comes back with all the saves

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »

BC?

Backwards-Compatible plays ps2 games

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 08:53:22 PM »

BC?

but u lost all your saves? i herd if u give it to sony it comes back with all the saves

I'm sure Sony repairs them with everything still stored. I got a replacement PS3, which was surprising because mine YLOD' months after they stopped making 60gb models. Received the new machine a week and abit later, which wasn't too bad, I was able to handle the withdrawals, lol.

cStyle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 03:05:56 PM »
what is it? Never heard of yellow light of death  ???

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 03:24:22 PM »
what is it? Never heard of yellow light of death  ???

yea watch out, its equivilent to the red ring of death but fortuneatly its not as bad.

but just keep your ps3 out of the carpet and make sure it has a lot of space, i heard most of the time it was because of the fan or the cooling system,

but before it broke i herd my ps3 make like a noise as the cd was gettin read inside the ps3

ThaChamp

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »
thats what you get for getting Live10 and not 2k10

Invincible

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
I haven't had the YLOD but mine has just stopped reading discs. I think the disc motor has gone as when I put a disc in, it comes out the same way I put it in. MW2 crashed on me, couldn't turn it off by the normal power so I switched it off at the back. Turned it back on and no discs would read. My warranty has easily expired so I'm gonna have to send it to Sony to be fixed. 60gb model aswell. But as i don't have a job, I'm gonna have to wait.  :(  :boohoo:

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »
I haven't had the YLOD but mine has just stopped reading discs. I think the disc motor has gone as when I put a disc in, it comes out the same way I put it in. MW2 crashed on me, couldn't turn it off by the normal power so I switched it off at the back. Turned it back on and no discs would read. My warranty has easily expired so I'm gonna have to send it to Sony to be fixed. 60gb model aswell. But as i don't have a job, I'm gonna have to wait.  :(  :boohoo:

dont send it in to sony, send it to a local shop. its only 100 bucks where as sony taxes 150 and give u a referbished one (as in u get somone elses without ur memoery)

Invincible

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »
I haven't had the YLOD but mine has just stopped reading discs. I think the disc motor has gone as when I put a disc in, it comes out the same way I put it in. MW2 crashed on me, couldn't turn it off by the normal power so I switched it off at the back. Turned it back on and no discs would read. My warranty has easily expired so I'm gonna have to send it to Sony to be fixed. 60gb model aswell. But as i don't have a job, I'm gonna have to wait.  :(  :boohoo:

dont send it in to sony, send it to a local shop. its only 100 bucks where as sony taxes 150 and give u a referbished one (as in u get somone elses without ur memoery)

Gonna sound like a fucking idiot here but what shop should I take it to? I take it that's what you did?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:45:19 PM by Invincible »

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 04:14:30 PM »

Gonna sound like a fucking idiot here but what shop should I take it too?

nah that aint stupid, just look one up online, i dont know which shop cuz my mom found it cuz my lil bro was bitchin.