Author Topic: Red Sox close to deal for Padres 1st basemen Adrian Gonzalez  (Read 368 times)

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Red Sox close to deal for Padres 1st basemen Adrian Gonzalez
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
Im too lazy to go find the link but Im sure you cats can do it yourself.  But yea they're working hard for a deal

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Red Sox close to deal for Padres 1st basemen Adrian Gonzalez
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:12:24 PM »
i hope not, although; without Bay, it won't do anything.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:08:26 PM »
heres the thing

san diego is only paying dude 6 or  7 mill a year

so boston better be trading something of major value for him
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:15:25 PM »
putting gonzo in any type of capable lineup and this dude has 130+ rbi every year.  fucking beast that gets looked over cause of the team he plays on. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »

Huh... Gozo is a much better player than Bay.  And Bay is on the decline.  I don't understand what Bay has to do with anything.

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:25:13 PM »
heres the thing

Even less... 4.75 million this season and an club option in 2011 for 5.5.  And I know the Sox would be giving up Bucholz and Ellsbury.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:49:52 PM »
heres the thing

Even less... 4.75 million this season and an club option in 2011 for 5.5.  And I know the Sox would be giving up Bucholz and Ellsbury.

and the thing is, that ain't shit lol

bucholz = a #3 pitcher at best

ellsbury = white DExter Fowler

lol
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »
heres the thing

and the thing is, that ain't shit lol

bucholz = a #3 pitcher at best

ellsbury = white DExter Fowler

lol

If Bucholz can work on his concentration problems he has the stuff to be a number 1. 

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 07:53:39 AM »
i think Bucholz can do better in the NL West than the AL East - this is for sure

but I still don't see why Red Sox fans have such a hard-on for him and try to raise his value because of one no-hitter he threw as a rookie lol

and Ellsbury's 2007 was clearly an aberation...he's a .300 hitter who can't walk to save his life - but plays solid D and is a great base stealer

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 10:47:15 AM »
i think Bucholz can do better in the NL West than the AL East - this is for sure

but I still don't see why Red Sox fans have such a hard-on for him and try to raise his value because of one no-hitter he threw as a rookie lol

and Ellsbury's 2007 was clearly an aberation...he's a .300 hitter who can't walk to save his life - but plays solid D and is a great base stealer

The only people that try and downplay Bucholz talent are Yankee fans.  Which is funny because they had a plaque in Cooperstown for Joba before he even started a game.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 12:11:41 PM »

The only people that try and downplay Bucholz talent are Yankee fans.  Which is funny because they had a plaque in Cooperstown for Joba before he even started a game.

LMAO you fool - what talent?  his 4.91 career ERA, his 1.495 WHIP or his losing record on one of the MLB's premier teams?

or are you talking about his amazing skill of pitching for the Portland Sea Dogs?  ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 12:15:33 PM »

Huh... Gozo is a much better player than Bay.  And Bay is on the decline.  I don't understand what Bay has to do with anything.

obviously lol.

but that offense is weak without Bay & Gonzo.

forget Bay, he was just someone i expect to be resigned; bottom line is they need another bat besides Gonzo.

Boss Tweed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 04:36:57 PM »

LMAO you fool - what talent?  his 4.91 career ERA, his 1.495 WHIP or his losing record on one of the MLB's premier teams?

or are you talking about his amazing skill of pitching for the Portland Sea Dogs?  ::)

He's still a kid and basically every big trade that has the Sox named involved, his name is at the center of what the other team wants.  And outside a rough August the kid pitched pretty well last season.  If he can get over his concentration problems he'll be at least a number 2.  The kid has ace like stuff.  The only people that don't think this kid has the talent to be a front line pitcher are Yankee fans.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »
the giants don't trade tim linceum

the yankees don't trade phil hughes

the dodgers don't trade clayton kershaw

clay bucholz? he's touchable in deals.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
yeah...i dont see the hype around buchholz.  sure he could live up to the hype but so far he aint showed us shit besides his one amazing outing. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.