Author Topic: has any1 or any1 they knew ever got "lasik" eye surgery done?  (Read 234 times)

OutSider

Re:has any1 or any1 they knew ever got "lasik" eye surgery done?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2002, 10:20:49 AM »
i am considering it but am still a little nervous  ......
it is cool if you are not concidering on joining the Military.... it is wierd... they are rather funny about taking recruits who had  it done before but you can most definitly get it  done well in the military...... just thought i would share that with you.... lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2002, 10:25:29 AM »
Around Charlotte, you can get it done as cheaply as $500. an eye, but one of the best eye doctors in America's office is here in town, and his prices I think are like $1000.00 an eye.  He helped pioneer the technology, so I'll probably have him do it, lol just in case.

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2002, 10:25:51 AM »
yeah i have had my consultation an' everything .. i guess it just last minute nerves  .. i am very short-sighted -7 .. and am sick of waking up in the morning with my eyes full of pus, from contact lenses .. However i heard the higher the prescription the higher the risks of halos etc what king trama said .. i could live with that though ..
the only thing i would be nervous about would be permanent double vision and ghosting (seein shit like in 3D) i might talk to my doc about this more...
to be extra careful i have chosen to get one eye done at a time .. and chose a doc who has connections with the harley clinic in london ..
my first eye is on 12 dec WISH ME LUCK!

OutSider

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2002, 10:29:04 AM »

my first eye is on 12 dec  

OUCHIE!!

Good Luck Man!! :-*

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2002, 10:34:04 AM »
it costs me over 4 grand (i don't wanna sound really rich) but money is not the problem !! if they do fuck it up .. they promise to do it for free again up 2 a year and then after that i think its half price.

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2002, 10:38:25 AM »

OUCHIE!!

amazingly i have had the pilmetry test .. they put these eyedrops in your eyes so that u won't feel a thing .. the girl asked me would i faint easily about 4 times making me think they were gonna do something awful to me .. lol
she got a pin thing and stuck it in my eye .. i could feel it going though but it didn't hurt 1 bit .. i didn't even reaslise she was doing it until i seen "ripples" where the pin was making all the jellyish stuff on my eyeball move about!

OutSider

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2002, 10:40:26 AM »
Ok..... the eye is actually the most dirtiest part of the human body..... you can actually spread HIV through sharing contacts with someone...

pretty interesting information.... i honestly wouldnt let someone mess with my eyes... just sounds to painful.... i am just going to save all my lasic surgery money for tattoo removal....... lol.... ;D

OutSider

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2002, 10:42:09 AM »

i didn't even reaslise she was doing it until i seen "ripples" where the pin was making all the jellyish stuff on my eyeball move about!

ok ok no need for details..... lmao  ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2002, 10:43:41 AM »
Ha, I heard it doesn't hurt at all.  The part that freaks me out, (I didn't know they poked something through your eyeball, though!!!!!)  the part that freaks me out is when they pull the flap back from your eye.  URGGGGH

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2002, 10:44:59 AM »
and you don't think you could get hiv though tatoo needles??
as far as i know a tattoo would be more painful that laser eye surgery!

OutSider

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2002, 10:46:31 AM »
stop it stop it stop.... your guys are giving way to much details..... they are really graphic at that..... UGHHH!!!

lol...... man...  flaping your eye lids back...... EH!!

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2002, 10:47:39 AM »
Ha, I heard it doesn't hurt at all.  The part that freaks me out, (I didn't know they poked something through your eyeball, though!!!!!)  the part that freaks me out is when they pull the flap back from your eye.  URGGGGH

in fact u can have PRK instead of lasik they don't do that .. most of the probelms are flap complications.. but surgoen told me i am so shortsighted PRK would not work on me and i would be left with "haze"

OutSider

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2002, 10:48:59 AM »
and you don't think you could get hiv though tatoo needles??
as far as i know a tattoo would be more painful that laser eye surgery!

it all depends where you put it......

i have one one my hip... didnt really hurt.... just felt numb..... and a little erotic also...... lol... go figure

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2002, 10:50:41 AM »
the pin in my eye was just a test to see was i able to get it done .. its to measure the size of your pupils .. i already got that done .. 2 months ago i have been on a 4 month waiting list!

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2002, 10:53:14 AM »
^^^ if u could stand that then u could have eye surgery lol coz u don't feel anything (if the test is anythign to go by)
Plus they give you valium to calm yourself b4 gonna to the operating theatre.