Author Topic: has any1 or any1 they knew ever got "lasik" eye surgery done?  (Read 235 times)

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
has any1 or any1 they knew ever got "lasik" eye surgery done?
« on: November 24, 2002, 05:20:05 AM »
i am considering it but am still a little nervous  ......

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Re:has any1 or any1 they knew ever got "lasik" eye surgery done?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 05:57:12 AM »
c'mon help a worried person out!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 06:55:32 AM »
uh what is that exaclty?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2002, 07:12:05 AM »
yo it is a laser eye surgury..My dad had it and he sees perfectly..But there could be complications..Check ya doc for that

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2002, 07:29:15 AM »
my  cousin did it and he sees perfectly now.. but im sure there could be complications

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2002, 11:25:37 AM »
yeah its where they cut a flap into your cornea and then put a laser to it ... to the people that know people that had it done .. where they shortsighted ? did they have high prescriptions ? like over -6 ?

muthafocka

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2002, 11:28:02 AM »
even if they are at home with u now ask em' i would be like really greatful

Woodrow

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2002, 01:37:53 PM »
My friend had a -2 perscription and he was short sided *I think*

He dosen't need glasses now

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2002, 02:30:35 PM »
I've been looking into it for a few years, and it's like this.

When they first started doing it years ago, they screwed up a few people's eyes.  Some people went blind, most of the problems were with halos around lights (when you see a light, it has a halo around it, like you're looking through a dirty window), and the other main problem was the vividness of colors faded; people would see red as a pink and blue as a greyish blue, stuff like that.  Everything looked drab.  This was only in a small percentage of people, and the ones that had problems, most were advised by their doctor beforehand that there might be complications, but decided to take the risk.  Out of the people that were told it would work out pretty good, most of them had no problems, and a small percentage (maybe .5 percent, 1 in 200?) had problems with halos, etc. that were permanent.  This was years ago.

Nowadays, doctors can pretty much tell if you're gonna have complications.  They'll tell you up front if you're a 'good candidate' for the surgery.  Usually, during the surgery, (you're staring at a laser), with each pulse of the laser, your vision is already clearer.  It works instantly.  When you leave, you'll have the halo effect around lights for probably a few weeks until your eyes heal and adjust... there's a SLIGHT chance you'll have a permanent damage that can't be corrected; the chance is about 1 in 1000, which is pretty good odds.  

Many patients though, have to go back and have a second surgery to correct if the first one didn't give you perfect eyesight, but there's no pain involved or anything of course.

The statistics are very good, and they're still tainted by the original group of people that got screwed up, so in reality, getting the surgery done today, if you're doctor says you're a good candidate, you'll probably get really good results. Don't expect a miracle though, some people still need glasses to read, etc. but usually, they can get your eyesight near perfect.  

Peace~

(p.s., i'm gonna have it done in about 2 years, I'm not terribly inconvienanced by glasses, but in a couple years I'll have the money and the technology will have advanced so far it'll be impossible to get hurt).

Peace~

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2002, 02:32:50 PM »
BTW, many famous people have had lasik surgery, if you're into Wrestling Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man both had their eyes fixed.  

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2002, 02:35:58 PM »
remember lil_lee / lisa that used to post here. she was talkin about having it done.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2002, 05:39:08 PM »
how much does it cost cuz ive have wanted this 4 a while 2

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002, 02:36:53 AM »
in UK money i heard its around 4 thousand, which is ermm... 7k USD i think

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2002, 08:17:16 AM »
well 97% of the operations work out perfectly, I know some dude that check it out at hes doc & he told him its no big risk but if there are compilations then you can never wear lenses again, only glasses..
40oz Graphire

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2002, 09:09:39 AM »
Yeh im thinking of getting the "Laser to the Eye Socket"  ;D as my friend calls it. Im short sighted  :( and have been thinking of getting it done end of next year or the year after. The price has dropped DRAMATICALY as my friend got it done for £800 (£400 per eye) and that was in febuary and his vision is near perfect and he no longer wears glasses.

I love Technology.....

And Lasers.

8)