Author Topic: Joell Ortiz to drop "Free Agent" studio album this March!  (Read 370 times)

Lunatic

Joell Ortiz to drop "Free Agent" studio album this March!
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:54:49 PM »
http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/2185/56/

ALBUM FEATURES APPEARANCES BY Akon, Brother Ali, Bun B, Styles P, Sheek Louch, Raekwon, Novel, Smokey Robinson, MOP, Slaughterhouse, Maino, Jean Grae, Talib Kweili and Bobby Ray

PRODUCTION BY: Dj Khalil, Lil Fame, Dj Premier, Sean C and LV, Statik Selektah, Novel,  Moss, Nottz, Frequency and Frank Dukes

(New York, NY) – E1 Music is thrilled to announce the release of critically acclaimed emcee Joell Ortiz’s new album.  Free Agent will be released in on March 23, 2010 and features Akon, Brother Ali, Bun B, Styles P, Sheek Louch, Raekwon, Novel, Smokey Robinson, MOP, Slaughterhouse, Maino, Jean Grae, Talib Kweili and Bobby Ray.  Production duties will be handled by a who’s who list of music’s finest producers including: Red Spyda, Dj Khalil, Lil Fame, Dj Premier, Sean C and LV, Statik Selektah, Novel, Moss, Nottz, Frequency and Frank Dukes.

Ortiz is coming off a tour of the U.S. and is starting a European tour on Jan 15th as ¼ of the lyrical powerhouse Slaughterhouse, along with Joe Budden, Royce Da 5’9” and Crooked I. The foursome was described as “…the game’s most imposing lyrical force” by XXL Magazine. The self-titled debut album, Slaughterhouse, is in stores now.

Ortiz released his debut album, The Brick (Bodega Chronicles), in 2007 on E1 Music. The album centered on his dense, rhyme-based work, and featured notable collaborations with Styles P, Akon and the legendary Big Daddy Kane. The Brick was met with considerable critical acclaim, landing Ortiz features in numerous hip-hop and mainstream publications including a much sought after “Leader of the New School” cover story for XXL Magazine, along with Papoose, Crooked I, Saigon, Lupe Fiasco and others.

Having earned a loyal following from his lyrically-driven performances and energetic live shows Ortiz is poised to make an impact with his highly-anticipated new album, Free Agent. Ortiz is ready to deliver his fans another dose of lyrical fire.

Alan Grunblatt, General Manager of E1 Music, says, “Joell Ortiz is one the hottest new emcees to come out of New York. We had a lot of success with the first Joell release and are very excited he continues to be in the E1 family.”

The first single off of Free agent is the incredible “Call Me,” a nostalgic story of teenage love set in Brooklyn New York in the ‘90s. It will be serviced to urban radio shortly.

For more information, go to: www.joellortiz.com, www.twitter.com/joellortiz or www.e1music.us.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Joell Ortiz to drop "Free Agent" studio album this March!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 01:02:08 PM »
wow what a list of production and features. i find joell a lil corny at times but im gonna be sure to check this when it drops, should be dope!

MediumL

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »
Ortiz >>>>>>>>> the rest of SH

Wow the production and feature list looks top draw
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »
Oh my god, can't fucking wait.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »

Game AND Mr. Yaowaaa coming out on the same day ? That's a whole lot of good music.  8)

Also, we all know about interscope and Push backs.... but what about E1 ? Do they usually stick to their release dates ?

sav

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 01:31:19 PM »
Primo, Khalil, Nottz, Statik...

:o

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:32:55 PM »
been waiting for this since day one! Call Me is super dope

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »
That's some very good news! Production line up looks fucking awesome

Matty

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 02:16:02 PM »
this is going to be awesome. only worry would be the amount of features but i'm sure it won't dissapoint 8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
i hope he shows a little versatility on this album. i liked the brick but a lot of the songs sounded the same.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:58:06 PM »
been looking forward to this, although i agree too many features could be a mistake

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 03:59:43 PM »
i hope he shows a little versatility on this album. i liked the brick but a lot of the songs sounded the same.
a track with B.o.B. sounds very versatile
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »
i havn't purchased an album for a long time but i will def be spending some cash on this one

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 10:58:46 PM »
Not sure what to expect...he surprised me on that first soldier track.  His accent was wild.

Looks like a lot of features, which is a complaint I have for a lot of artists, but I'm a fan so I'll for sure download like i always do.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Blood$

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
wow what a list of production and features. i find joell a lil corny at times but im gonna be sure to check this when it drops, should be dope!