Author Topic: Scott Storch is too underrated!  (Read 1016 times)

Myrealname

Scott Storch is too underrated!
« on: November 27, 2002, 11:22:29 PM »
To me Scott storch is one of the tightest producer at the moment, damn he's able to produce for every rapper, from the roots to snoop dogg, slum village...he plays the keys on a lot of new albums (ms jade,jay z' new one...).
I'd like to listen to a whole album produced by him, or a compilation....scott needs to get the props he deserves.

What do y'all think ?
Which is the best work from scott ?

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Re:Scott Storch is too underrated!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 11:41:43 PM »
yeah hes alright, I need to hear more from him though but when I heard "The Streets" by WC i could have sworn that was a Dr.Dre beat but damn I was surprised as hell to find out that Torch did it

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2002, 01:08:53 AM »
He's one of the best producers at the moment without a doubt and he's probably the most versatile as there isn't a style in Hip Hop he hasn't done well.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Myrealname

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2002, 01:38:21 AM »
Scott is the man behind "Still d.r.e." (dre did only the drums) and "Let me blow your mind",right he's the most versatile producer of the game.
"Get live" (on the slum village new album) beat by scott storch is blazin.....
he's my favorite producer right about now,fuck dre and the others.
SCOTT STORCH got mad skillz god dammit!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2002, 03:54:06 AM »
Dre, Storch and Mel Man = untouchable team. I don't think he's as dope as your trying to make out on his own though, i'd rather hear a premo or Quik beat over him any day. BUT I do think he should get more credit for the stuff he's done with Dre, people tend to overlook him just because Dre's name is included.  

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Myrealname

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2002, 04:07:08 AM »
Have u ever heard some scott storch beats for the roots,slum village, method man and redman ? I dont think so...
Scott storch is 10 times better Mel man,is a very talented and versatile producer.
I cant say the same thing for a lot of producers nowadays,believe it!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2002, 04:42:03 AM »
Have u ever heard some scott storch beats for the roots,slum village, method man and redman ? I dont think so...
Scott storch is 10 times better Mel man,is a very talented and versatile producer.
I cant say the same thing for a lot of producers nowadays,believe it!

Yes bro, I have, I have every Roots album available, same for Meth and Red so I know what i'm talking about. His shit with The Roots is his best stuff imo, especially his stuff on "Things Fall Apart" but at the end of the day he's not someone I would consider one of the best on his own, he's good, but I prefer many others above him. I don't have to agree with you, and visa versa, this is just my opinion. Now chill out the fuck out.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2002, 04:43:51 AM by =[Euthanasia]= »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Murrow

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2002, 06:44:29 AM »
Scott is the man behind "Still d.r.e." (dre did only the drums)

How do you know that?  Storch did the keys if your look at the credits, Dre & Mel produced the track.  Yes, I think the trio of Dre, Mel & Storch created a lot of hot tracks...don't forget Elizondo too.  Too bad Dre had to drop him, cause he was a big part of Dre's future.

A dope track by him

"Livin The Life"

Myrealname

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2002, 09:16:36 AM »
Now chill out the fuck out.
Actually i've started this topic,chill out the fuck out you.
MURROW,scott storch's role on "still d.r.e." is most important....what would be the song without the keys ? NOTHING! Scott is the "genius" on this one,not dre!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2002, 09:17:07 AM by Myrealname »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2002, 09:19:32 AM »
How do you know that?  Storch did the keys if your look at the credits, Dre & Mel produced the track.  Yes, I think the trio of Dre, Mel & Storch created a lot of hot tracks...don't forget Elizondo too.  Too bad Dre had to drop him, cause he was a big part of Dre's future.

In the Dec 2002 Source they had a short article/interview on him and Scott said that Dre only did the drums on that track.  

"But due to confirmed rumors of ghost-production, credits for tracks like "Still D.R.E." have slipped through his fingers 'I wrote the music for that one, Dre programmed the drums' he claims"

And at the bottom it listed "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" and "You Got Me" as his down low gems.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2002, 09:24:39 AM by C2Knuckles »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2002, 09:22:02 AM »

A dope track by him

"Livin The Life"

Storch said so in the December issue of The Source. He said, and I quote, "I wrote the music for that one, Dre programmed the drums". whatever though. Producer's are like Directors to me, I mean one feature film requires many peoples work (the scriptwriter, the editor etc) but at the end of the day the Director is the man, he's the one that makes the film happen. Dre is the 'director', thats why he gets credited.
Anyways, wasn't it Storch that got Dre and them into all that trouble over using other peoples work etc?  ::)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2002, 09:38:51 AM by =[Euthanasia]= »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2002, 09:24:49 AM »
Now chill out the fuck out.
Actually i've started this topic,chill out the fuck out you.

Excuse me but you came at me for viewing my opinion. I shouldn't have to apologise, you are the one that asked for our views.

Murrow

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2002, 09:26:28 AM »

A dope track by him

"Livin The Life"

Anyways, wasn't it Storch that got Dre and them into all that trouble over using other peoples work etc?  ::)

Well, I think Storch is a lil mad cause he fucked up, and now Dre kicked him out.  It was his own fault...people have been sayin this shit about Dre for years anyway.

Myrealname

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2002, 09:41:31 AM »

A dope track by him

"Livin The Life"

Storch said so in the December issue of The Source. He said, and I quote, "I wrote the music for that one, Dre programmed the drums". whatever though. Producer's are like Directors to me, I mean one feature film requires many peoples work (the scriptwriter, the editor etc) but at the end of the day the Director is the man, he's the one that makes the film happen. Dre is the 'director', thats why he gets credited.
I agree with u but tell me who's the man on the keyboards on "Still d.r.e." what would be the song without that keys ?

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2002, 02:01:49 PM »
idk wut tha hell iz going on but i think he iz pretty badd ass. tha shyt he does iz tight and he knowz how to use tha guitar to cuzz i remeber hearing a beat on where he used a guitar pretty badd ass!