Author Topic: 2010 Grammy Winners (Rap/R&B)  (Read 623 times)

TRG

2010 Grammy Winners (Rap/R&B)
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »
http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2010/01/31/2010-grammy-winners/

Best Alternative Music Album
David Byrne & Brian Eno – Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
The Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix [Winner]
Death Cab for Cutie – The Open Door
Depeche Mode – Sounds of the Universe
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s Blitz!

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance
Beyonce – Single Ladies [Winner]
Melanie Fiona – It Kills Me
Lalah Hathaway – That Was Then
Ledisi – Goin’ Thru Changes
Jazmine Sullivan – Lions, Tigers & Bears

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance
Maxwell – Pretty Wings [Winner]
Anthony Hamilton – The Point Of It All
Musiq Soulchild – Sobeautiful
Pleasure P – Under
Charlie Wilson – There Goes My Baby

Best R&B Performance by a Duo Or Group w/ Vocals
Jamie Foxx & T-Pain – Blame It [Winner]

Best R&B Album
Maxwell – Blacksummers’ Night [Winner]
Anthony Hamilton – The Point Of It All
India.Arie – Testimony v.2: Love & Politics
Ledisi – Turn Me Loose
Charlie Wilson – Uncle Charlie

Best Contemporary R&B Album
Beyonce – I Am… Sasha Fierce [Winner]
Jamie Foxx – Intuition
Pleasure P – The Introduction of Marcus Cooper
Trey Songz – Ready
T-Pain – Thr33 Ringz

Best Rap Solo Performance
Jay-Z – DOA [Winner]
Drake – Best I Ever Had
Eminem – Beautiful
KiD CuDi – Day N Nite
Mos Def – Casa Bey

Best Rap Song (A Songwriter’s Award)
Run This Town (Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West) [Winner]
Best I Ever Had (Drake)
Day N Nite (KiD CuDi)
Dead & Gone (T.I. & Justin Timberlake)
D.O.A. (Jay-Z)

Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group
Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent – Crack A Bottle [Winner]
Beastie Boys & Nas – Too Many Rappers
Fabolous & Jay-Z – Money Goes, Honey Stay
KiD CuDi, Kanye West & Common – Make Her Say
Kanye West & Yonug Jeezy – Amazing

Best Rap/Sung Collab (tba)
Beyonce & Kanye West – Ego
Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Ne-Yo – Knock You Down
Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West – Run This Town
The Lonely Island & T-Pain – I’m On a Boat
T.I. & Justin Timberlake – Dead & Gone

Best Rap Album
Eminem – Relapse [Winner]
Common – UMC
Flo Rida – R.O.O.T.S.
Mos Def – The Ecstatic
Q-Tip – The Renaissance

moe

Re: 2010 Grammy Winners (Rap/R&B)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »
so are the grammys on or something?

Matty

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »
And even though I don't win no grammys, I still get love in the streets, From the papis and mamis.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
All award shows are completely bullshit. A few elite individuals pick whoever they want to win, irrespective of quality, talent and hard work. Look at the Golden Globes this year. Explain how any of the winners in any category are better then who lost, or WORSE, who were not nominated. What kind of world are we living in when Beyonce, or Jay-Z, or the movie Avatar, sweep awards shows? Give me a break. The Grammies are pointless awards given out to talentless artists by rich people. All of the sudden instead of using our brains, and own opinions, we let rich white people decide what's best.

Think about it. What is the most watched TV on TV? What is the most read magazine? What are the highest grossing movies? What are the best selling albums? Ask yourself these questions. Since when have quality, and popularity become so far apart? People like crap. And worst of all, it's killing our culture and society. It's sickening to the bones. The best solution to this problem is buy no media. Don't buy magazines, don't buy movies or albums. Don't buy anything that can be found for free on the internet. The only way to stand up to this cultural holocaust is by not paying for anything. I'll watch your pointless shit, but I'm not paying for it. Because if you pay, they'll make more. And that's the last thing we need.

Just think if no one ever bought a Lil Wayne album. Well, their wouldn't be a Lil Wayne anymore? Doesn't that sound great? And don't see ANY movie that cost over 50 million to make. Because it probably sucks. Don't do it. It's bad for the world.

And the worst thing about it all, is all the unintelligent fools who do buy these things. They ruin it for everyone. So next time you see a person about to buy a Kesha album, or a Jay-Z record, or inline to see Transformers 3. Spit on them. They're not people. They're worthless. Destroying society for everyone.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:18:04 PM by The King »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
think they on 8pm westcoast time....bout a hour n half from right now

so are the grammys on or something?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Tommy Illnigga

• 'G'
  • "They want some free CD's,I'm like see these nuts"
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:37 PM »
All award shows are completely bullshit. A few elite individuals pick whoever they want to win, irrespective of quality, talent and hard work. Look at the Golden Globes this year. Explain how any of the winners in any category are better then who lost, or WORSE, who were not nominated. What kind of world are we living in when Beyonce, or Jay-Z, or the movie Avatar, sweep awards shows? Give me a break. The Grammies are pointless awards given out to talentless artists by rich people. All of the sudden instead of using our brains, and own opinions, we let rich white people decide what's best.

Think about it. What is the most watched TV on TV? What is the most read magazine? What are the highest grossing movies? What are the best selling albums? Ask yourself these questions. Since when have quality, and popularity become so far apart? People like crap. And worst of all, it's killing our culture and society. It's sickening to the bones. The best solution to this problem is buy no media. Don't buy magazines, don't buy movies or albums. Don't buy anything that can be found for free on the internet. The only way to stand up to this cultural holocaust is by not paying for anything. I'll watch your pointless shit, but I'm not paying for it. Because if you pay, they'll make more. And that's the last thing we need.

Just think if no one ever bought a Lil Wayne album. Well, their wouldn't be a Lil Wayne anymore? Doesn't that sound great? And don't see ANY movie that cost over 50 million to make. Because it probably sucks. Don't do it. It's bad for the world.

And the worst thing about it all, is all the unintelligent fools who do buy these things. They ruin it for everyone. So next time you see a person about to buy a Kesha album, or a Jay-Z record, or inline to see Transformers 3. Spit on them. They're not people. They're worthless. Destroying society for everyone.

that's real... fuckin sad but real.

It's Chica-I-go for

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
yeah go watch miss america....them dumb good for nuthin bitches dont know shit...most of em are blond but damn they are dumb and they want to rep this country...which dont mean shit anyway
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Muhfukka

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »
to quote willy d
"i see the videos
i read the magazines
dont watch award shows
too many faggot scenes"

except i dont read the magazines or watch the videos haha

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 06:56:12 PM »
that geto boys song album is dope
we dont talk to the police
you the bitch....
Cube

Muhfukka

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »
yeah it is

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »
geto boys one of the greatest groups of all time, partner that disco. with his solo disco, and you have Scarface, the greatest discography of all time in hip-hop (making him the greatest hip hop artist of all time imo, but that's for a different thread another day lol)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
lol this shit is comedy.  Award shows are such a joke nowadays.  I'll give them props on putting the Depeche Mode album up for a nomination I guess.  But look at how much Jay / Kanye / Rihanna are on that shit.  Jay is the biggest commercial whore, ask yourself why the crooked ass media licks his balls any chance they get.

On point except for the  part about Avatar.  That was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.  What didn't u like about it?

thisoneguy360

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »

Preach

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 07:14:28 PM »
dont buy muzik
dont go to movies
dont support none of that shit....they dont support you dont support them
Cube

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »
list is on point!! im glad to see that Maxwell was a winner!! dude made a very strong come back and it was worth the wait