Author Topic: Could 2pac have made a 3rd disc to All Eyez on Me?  (Read 904 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Could 2pac have made a 3rd disc to All Eyez on Me?
« on: February 13, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »
looking at songs that were made in that timeframe...

Don't Go To Sleep
When I Get Free (1996)
Still I Rise
Late Nite
Lil Homies
Secretz of War
Never Had a Friend Like Me
Life's So Hard

etc

is it me or could Pac have made a solid disc #3??
California Love (Original)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

G-Funk

Re: Could 2pac have made a 3rd disc to All Eyez on Me?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »
Possibly. If he did a 3rd disc, his contract with Death Row would've be done and over with quicker.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:07:24 PM »
No because the quality of music normally decreases when you try to ft too many songs onto an album
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Blasphemy

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »
No because the quality of music normally decreases when you try to ft too many songs onto an album

Agreed. Even the 2 disk was pushing it. Filler was awesome, but it could of been a better album with just 1 disk. The Chronic/Doggystyle> All Eyez. Basically the same topics, with some of 2pac's personal emotional shit added into the mix.

Muhfukka

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 11:18:54 PM »
could he put enough material together? yeah i dont see why not. would they release a triple cd? hell no

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 01:32:22 AM »
He certainly had enough material to make a 3cd set, but damn, how much would that have cost back in the day?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 01:58:11 AM »
3 disc? He didn't even have enough good material for the 2 he released.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

V2DHeart

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:19:19 AM »
He could have made 3-4 discs, but it'd be pointless to even consider releasing a 3 CD album onto the market. 2 CD's was pushing it in 1996 especially for Hip Hop, which is why you never really seen any commercial artist with one before, because they have to charge extra. I was £21.99 for All Eyez On Me, due to it being a double album. a Triple album back then (in the UK) would have probably retailed for around £28.99 and it being aimed primarily at a pop audience, there's no way it would have sold as many numbers as it did
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 06:57:28 AM »
He could have made 3-4 discs, but it'd be pointless to even consider releasing a 3 CD album onto the market. 2 CD's was pushing it in 1996 especially for Hip Hop, which is why you never really seen any commercial artist with one before, because they have to charge extra. I was £21.99 for All Eyez On Me, due to it being a double album. a Triple album back then (in the UK) would have probably retailed for around £28.99 and it being aimed primarily at a pop audience, there's no way it would have sold as many numbers as it did
I got it for the price of one cd because my shop didnt realize that it was 2 cds at first..lol

JohnnyL

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 07:11:50 AM »
 Ordinarily, I would think the notion of an artist putting out a 3 disc album would be totally ridiculous.  But being that 2pac had recorded plenty of quality tracks at the time, and given that in 1996 something like a 3 disc album might have actually gone over okay with people, I'd have to say that maybe it could have worked.  Considering that for several years following the release of "All Eyez on Me," there were plenty of rappers who released 2 disc albums that actually sold well, and that 1996 was prior to the mp3 revolution, I'd say a 3 disc Pac album might have had a chance at success.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 07:45:52 AM »
there is no point in in a double album anyway......you got too many songs  overall and probably still not enough on each cd.
A Artist has to work extra hard for a dope double cd....You have to think about a million things  
I mean whats the point in releasing a double cd when you cant release a classic  album with only cd.

sure a snoop in 96 could have done a double album (controversy  8)).......Wu tangs wasnt bad ....biggies "life after death" was great and sounded like film music and the big cd box made it look even more special
but still...there is no real point
pacs AEOM was dope with tons of tight songs.....but did anybody ever got the feeling he got 2 classic cds in one??? No!!
The RnB Feeling of the second disk and a few other things just dont give you classic feeling.

A double cd only works as more underground cd like wutang or when you are sure you only use classic material
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:08:34 AM by Inmate »

ikke

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 08:08:35 AM »
ofcourse he could but only stans like you would buy it

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 08:23:34 AM »
Material wise it wouldnt have been a problem.

In terms of musically its probably not the best idea, just because it would be too many tracks.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 08:40:50 AM »

i just listed 8 songs that would have been great

i'm sure Pac could shit out 5 more songs lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 01:05:46 AM »
The 2 CD was CLASSIC ---fuck a hater---- a 3rd CD wasnt needed but i wouldnt have minded