Author Topic: Ice Cube Speaks On Forthcoming 9th Studio Album..."I Am The West."  (Read 1361 times)

YoungCrookedI

Re: Ice Cube Speaks On Forthcoming 9th Studio Album..."I Am The West."
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »
"Thank God for b-boys like Snoop, The Game & WC for keeping the West alive"

LOL you can took wc seriuskly represtin westcoast hard with his music instead to game and snoop...ice cube´s time is over after the bow down album he unfornatly lost it.

listen to Crooked I,Horse Shoe Gang,Eastwood,YaBoy,Kida,Coss,Bishop Lamont,G Malone,pac div,u-n-i and fashawn they´re makin real westcoast music with REAL LYRICS.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 04:11:09 PM »
DubCNN: So Cube how did you come up with I Am The West for your new album title?

Cube: Ohh.. well I looked at dude's T-Shirt when dahdah (DBaker) was shootin my video. And that the rest is history.

DubCNN: So you looked at someone's T-Shirt?

Cube: Pretty much.. and I Am The West.. you know.

DubCNN: Yep.

Cube: Check out this new joint I did with Lil Jon..

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 04:25:58 PM »
For those who can't read, let me emphasize

Thank God for b-boys like Snoop, The Game & WC for keeping the West alive, but we were all guilty of over reaching. No more. At least not from me.

He acknowledged that he, Snoop and them got on the south stuff, but saying no more. he also is right. Who has been more relevant on the mainstream level from the west coast than Snoop, Game and him? He right. Read in context

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
Real spit comin from the Don Mega....Laugh now cry later was dope....but raw footage sounded like he was catering to the south. I'm glad he ain't wit that no more...album should be a banger. 8)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »

LOL you can took wc seriuskly represtin westcoast hard with his music instead to game and snoop...ice cube´s time is over after the bow down album he unfornatly lost it.

listen to Crooked I,Horse Shoe Gang,Eastwood,YaBoy,Kida,Coss,Bishop Lamont,G Malone,pac div,u-n-i and fashawn they´re makin real westcoast music with REAL LYRICS.

dude you are WAY OFF.. Sayin only WC represented the west all the way. on Guilty By Affiliation there were some south inspired shit.. and you said Game didnt do west shit.. Once again, wrong. LAX Files, State Of Emergency etc. etc.

on Snoop, you were basically right.

and listin G. Malone and Pac Div as REAL westcoast artists you are way off again.

I know that G. Malone does a lot of west shit on tapes and features but when an artists BIG SINGLE is a south joint they are NOT representing the west in any way. They are trying to increase numbers by sounding like Lil Jon, Sean P, Chamillionaire etc. etc.

remember, this is all IMO ! Im not goin in to any e-beef.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 04:33:35 PM »

dude you are WAY OFF.. Sayin only WC represented the west all the way. on Guilty By Affiliation there were some south inspired shit.. and you said Game didnt do west shit.. Once again, wrong. LAX Files, State Of Emergency etc. etc.

and listin G. Malone and Pac Div as REAL westcoast artists you are way off again.

I know that G. Malone does a lot of west shit on tapes and features but when an artists BIG SINGLE is a south joint they are NOT representing the west in any way. They are trying to increase numbers by sounding like Lil Jon, Sean P, Chamillionaire etc. etc.

g malone did that stuff a few times, but we all know why because he wants to push his album and didn´t game used autotune and south feats? LOL did you listened to pac div?

lol tha cube didn´t mentioned xzibit!!!! RESTLESS IS STILL A CLASSIC and we not need to talk about pimp my ride and did you listend to this?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAzMWMvy8VU so westcoast!!!!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:38:56 PM by YoungCrookedI »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 04:36:42 PM »

g malone did that stuff a few times, but we all know why because he wants to push his album and didn´t game used autotune and south feats? LOL did you listened to pac div?

havent heard all of pac div shit.. but the shit I did hear sounds south-ish to me..

on what single did Game use autotune? and yeah, he had lil wayne on his single? The music still wasnt south-ish.. ?

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 04:58:19 PM »
His last 2 albums were tight as hell even with this southern influence. And for anybody trying to say Snoop wouldn't try to keep the west alive, hell get your facts right and do some reasearch of what he has done over last 10 years (not only solo records).

I don't know how to feel about this title of Cube's new record... When he names it "I Am The West" he has to do some west coast sounding music. Something like "Stand Tall" off RF or "Spittin Pollaseeds" off LNCL. But I have the feelings that the title won't say too much about the music, unfortunately. But I think even with a misleading title I will enjoy his new album as much as his last two.

I sometimes imagine what would happen if he sticks to what the title says, imagine such a tracklist:

*dream mode on*
01 Bringin It Back (Intro) ft. DJ Crazy Toones
02 Coastin ft. WC & Young Maylay [Prod. by DJ Crazy Toones]
03 South Central [Prod. by Teek Da Beatsmith and Dee Underdue]
04 Where They Head At ft. Problem & Crooked I [Prod. by Terrace Martin]
05 Enough Of Yo Bullsh*t [Prod. by Tha Chill]
06 Killer In The White House ft. Paris [Prod. by Paris]
07 Blunted ft. Snoop Dogg [Prod. by Daz Dillinger, Co-Produced by Soopafly]
08 Who Started This Rap Ish [Prod. by DJ Crazy Toones]
09 Blue And Red ft. DJ Quik [Prod. by DJ Quik]
10 Still Connected ft. Xzibit, Young De & WC [Prod. by DJ Muggs]
11 Wessside ft. WC & Kokane [Prod. by Battlecat]
12 Funkin At Yo House ft. Kokane & Del Tha Funky Homosapien [Prod. by Del Tha Funky Homosapien and Ice Cube]
13 Evil [Prod. by Warren "Baby Dubb" Campbell]
14 I Am The West (Outro) ft. DJ Crazy Toones
15 Veteran's Play ft. E-40, MC Eiht & Spice 1 [Prod. by Teek Da Beatsmith and Dee Underdue]
*dream mode off*

well, sorry for dreamin... but this would be something like a tracklist from heaven...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Snoop ain't made a West Coast album since Tha Last Meal. Game catered to the West on Doctor's Advocate, 90% of that album was West Coast. So yeah Cube is spittin' truth and it's good that he admits he guilty of following the South. If he stays true to his word and makes a West Coast album then I'll cop no matter what.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »
cant put snoop and gangsta in the same sentence
snoop and soulja boy.....end of story
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
His last 2 albums were tight as hell even with this southern influence. And for anybody trying to say Snoop wouldn't try to keep the west alive, hell get your facts right and do some reasearch of what he has done over last 10 years (not only solo records).

I don't know how to feel about this title of Cube's new record... When he names it "I Am The West" he has to do some west coast sounding music. Something like "Stand Tall" off RF or "Spittin Pollaseeds" off LNCL. But I have the feelings that the title won't say too much about the music, unfortunately. But I think even with a misleading title I will enjoy his new album as much as his last two.

I sometimes imagine what would happen if he sticks to what the title says, imagine such a tracklist:

*dream mode on*
12 Funkin At Yo House ft. Kokane & Del Tha Funky Homosapien [Prod. by Del Tha Funky Homosapien and Ice Cube]
15 Veteran's Play ft. E-40, MC Eiht & Spice 1 [Prod. by Teek Da Beatsmith and Dee Underdue]
*dream mode off*

well, sorry for dreamin... but this would be something like a tracklist from heaven...

that shit would be corny ass fuck bcuz you would have way too many vrr-vrr-vmuuhvs with the wobbly standard westcoast bass.  

now i couldn't say specifically on who to produce it (hopefully a duel new and old producer combos on the songs - Sir Jinx w/Best Kept Secret or 9th Wonder & Terrace Martin) bcuz it's gotta come from Cube & the people who aren't yes-mens and bitches around him.  it's gotta be something raw but slightly inspirational, something not always too uptempo or too slow but something to make your brain react like "not dyin" from Sticky Fingaz, and maybe a deadsoul track or two, the music kinda has to be bipolar in a sense.  and lyrically just make the music sound good with some real effort into how the flow sounds and not just that standard old talk-yell rap, some real cadence and fire and not not that half ass'd shit.  i brought LNCL, i wasn't mad i brought it really, and Raw Footage was cool but those albums weren't tha Cube that everybody wanted hear.  i be all for artist growth but you have to always stick to what works and what the people wanna hear, just hopefully original than tha songs b4 it.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:28:20 PM by Flaka Stakz aka Tha Yung Alko-holik »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 06:26:53 PM »
problem isnt a good enough rapper to be on a high caliber rappers album
if he could have another hit like mack did wit connected for life......damn his album would be dope
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

acgrundy

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »

*dream mode on*
*dream mode off*

haha man I was just looking at that tracklist before reading your entire post, and I was thinking "man, who's album is this?  this tracklist is dope as hell!"  alas it is only a dream

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 09:54:11 PM »

*dream mode on*
*dream mode off*

haha man I was just looking at that tracklist before reading your entire post, and I was thinking "man, who's album is this?  this tracklist is dope as hell!"  alas it is only a dream

more like:

01 - What If Ice Cube Died In 89'
*Produced By:  FredWrex

02 - Blunted In Tha Sunset
(feat. Snoop Dogg & Butch Cassidy)
*Produced By:  Terrace Martin

03 - Tha Old Bull & Tha Young Bull/I'ma Pimp Wit Tha Hot Sauce Dick (Insert)
*Produced By:  somebody new

04 - Little Nigga Mooky
(feat. Nipsey Hussle)
*Produced By:  somebody new, something sampled that's just str8 ghetto

05 - Bitch Ass Redneck           *a song about "The New Republicans"*
*Produced By:  DJ Premier

06 - Ass Shakin' Musik
*Produced By:  i would say Dr. Dre, something like "Ass Like That" with more sounds and better arranging

07 - Blackface
*Produced By:  Teek

08 - U Smell That Shit (Insert)

09 - U'z A Drop Out
*Produced By:  something laidback that doesn't sound like a church song

10 - What's On Tha Newz (Hollywood CNN)
*Produced By:  something heavy sounding

11 - Keisha & Becky
(feat. MC Ren)
*Produced By:  something dark

12 - Chip N' Dip
(feat. WC & Kokane)
*Produced By:  something funky but not too too cliche

13 - Microwave MC
*Produced By:  DJ Khalil

14 - Leave U Niggaz Sleep
(feat. WC)
*Produced By:  Laylaw & D-Maq

15 - Happy People
*Produced By:  Sir Jinx
*"Happy People" sample*

16 - Lottery Ticket (Outro)
(feat. Ricky Harris & Lil' Half Dead)

AND NONE OF THOSE GAY ASS PIANO CHORDS LIKE "GANGSTA RAP MADE ME DO IT" type of renditions.  Those are tha shitty sounding sounds, make something that hits harder.  I wonder what Cube's album would sound like without the super fancy mixing equipment like from b4.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:56:59 PM by Flaka Stakz aka Tha Yung Alko-holik »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 09:57:50 PM »
i hope the album isn't too preachy either.  that shit would blow.  sonically, something RAW but lightly scattered with electricity throughout the album.  something a lil' sinister and muddy without the corny cliche sounds and organs and shit like that.  i dont wanna be at a punk rock rave but i dont wanna fall asleep either.  a few cameos from the devil thruout da album would be cool too, but no halloween shit tho
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 10:06:34 PM by Flaka Stakz aka Tha Yung Alko-holik »