Author Topic: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread  (Read 14564 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official World Cup South Africa 2010 Discussion Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 24, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »
lol at New Zealand getting 3 pts in this group

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #451 on: June 24, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »
lol at New Zealand getting 3 pts in this group

That is completely awesome! :D

So long Italy.

kemizt

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #452 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »
you knew italy wont win anything on this tournament without the brains (Pirlo and Toti) fuck Lippi.

Lunatic

« Reply #453 on: June 24, 2010, 11:36:41 AM »
^ U mean Portugal/Ivory Coast pussies? We played it smart. Strategy and we're going forward because of it

lmao @ smart :laugh:

Of course Portugal had the adavntage to play against Brasil in the last game when they were likely thorough, but relying on this (or to shoot more goals against Korea) is a stupid strategy. If you have the chance to beat the direct rival, you have to go for a win. This wasn't strategy, Portugal was just weak. Plain and simple.
Btw who'll Brasil and Portugal play against?
to call a strategy that worked stupid, is plain stupid. Oh, the irony.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Raphael

« Reply #454 on: June 24, 2010, 01:21:20 PM »
fuck yeah greece, italy and serbia are out :rock:

westsiderider323

« Reply #455 on: June 24, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »
japan looked pretty good out there

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #456 on: June 24, 2010, 01:49:40 PM »
fuck yeah greece, italy and serbia are out :rock:
Add Denmark now  ;D 8)
japan looked pretty good out there
QFT

kemizt

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #457 on: June 24, 2010, 01:53:42 PM »
If somebody can correct me go ahead, but I think it's only been South Korea and Japan that have made legit Free Kick goals lol

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #458 on: June 24, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »
If somebody can correct me go ahead, but I think it's only been South Korea and Japan that have made legit Free Kick goals lol
Yep think so.

kemizt

Invincible

« Reply #459 on: June 24, 2010, 02:19:51 PM »
There must be some clubs looking to sign Honda this summer. He's fucking awesome.

MediumL

« Reply #460 on: June 24, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »
tbh a lot of gassing about italy.

Would rather win the WC and go home early next torno than be trophyless.

Also lol at Terrys  commitment:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-Cen31GMkM&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/q-Cen31GMkM&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #461 on: June 24, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »
There must be some clubs looking to sign Honda this summer. He's fucking awesome.

us dutch people have seen him play for 2,5 years now, for VVV-Venlo, and indeed, he's fucking awesome

Fraxxx

« Reply #462 on: June 24, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »

us dutch people have seen him play for 2,5 years now, for VVV-Venlo, and indeed, he's fucking awesome

I guess he would be happy if he could leave Moscow. :)

What' up with vdV's and Sneijder's free-kicks BTW? They can do better than that. And ROBBEN is back! 8) Hup Holland hup!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #463 on: June 24, 2010, 03:27:36 PM »
John Terry is more committed to the England team then he is to his wife

Lunatic

« Reply #464 on: June 25, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »
We, Portugal are a pillar of defense! advance out of the group of death without allowing a single goal, tied for scoring the most goals (7) and with our game today against Brazil, Brazil failed to score in a group stage match for the first time since 1978  :o

Thoughts: We are a pillar of defense. Advance to the next round (out of the group of death) with no goals allowed. Love it and let's keep that up. Juan should have been sent off for his hand ball. He clearly puts his hand up and stops the ball with it. If he doesn't, Ronaldo is on a clear breakaway. We deserved all our yellow cards except Coentrao's. I'm not sure why Coentrao was booked. Pepe's yellow was a nasty challenge, Duda is an idiot for touching the referee and Tiago deserved it more than anyone for that horrendous dive.

Ratings:

Eduardo - 8.5/10 - Saved our ass. Made a beautiful save on Nilmar that went off the post, and a great save late. He could have easily been caught a little out of position there and beat. Good to see he wasn't. Came out at all appropriate times too.

Coentrao - 8/10 - One horrendous giveaway but was amazing besides that. He absolutely shut down Maicon (best RB in the world) and did anyone see him RAPE Maicon on that one attack he made? This kid is an absolute ANIMAL, A BEAST at LB.

Carvalho - 8/10 - A typical phenomenal Carvalho performance
Alves - 7/10 - Cleared everything in the air as usual. As typical stellar Alves.

Costa - 5/10 - Was caught watching Nilmar on that post/Eduardo save. This guy is awful. I'm not sure why he started? Miguel wasn't on a yellow or anything. Rest I guess. If CQ wanted to rest Costa, I kind of rather Ferreira over Costa even. Bizarre choice.

Pepe - 6/10 - Looked a little unfit but didn't cost us anything. Played with his heart on his sleeve and made a beautiful nasty tackle on Melo lol. Good! LOVED to see him sing the national anthem as well!

Meireles - 6.5/10 - Typical decent game from Raul. He should have finished his chance in front of goal created by Ronaldo though. But isn't he great at somehow sneaking to the net?

Duda - 5.5/10 - Didn't show up, seemed out of place. He's not good. Guess CQ wanted to rest Simao. Did a good job of coming back and playing defense though.

Danny - 6/10 - Made some decent runs but he's not all that fast. Loved the new hair style, he looks like a pirate AKA Captain Jack Sparrow! LOL! Should have done better at the end when he slipped near goal.

Tiago - 5/10 - Awful ball distribution and had a horrendous dive that deserved the yellow he received. He ruined our first good opportunity in the box with a stupid dive. This is the Tiago I remember unfortunately. Never liked him. N. Korea was the game of his career. Wonder if he'll stay in the lineup. Probably.

Ronaldo - 6/10 - Was extremely selfish in the first half, taking awful shots very far away from goal. Was better in the 2nd half.

Simao - 6/10 - Came on and showed good pace. Seems to be a good late inclusion. He'll probably start next game but I wouldn't mind if Danny started instead and Simao comes on late.

Mendes - 6/10 - Looked solid defensively, better than Pepe.

Veloso - N/A

Now the elimination is beginning, please our starting lineup be:

Eduardo
Alves
Carvalho
Coentrao
Miguel
Mendes
Meireles
Tiago
Ronaldo
Danny/Simao