Author Topic: RIP Blackbastard  (Read 437 times)

Sikotic™

RIP Blackbastard
« on: March 03, 2010, 06:37:44 PM »
Struggling Blockbuster Bringing Back Late Fees on Rentals

by Brett Michael Dykes
Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Since the dawn of the home-video era in the 1980s, as the proliferation of VCRs and DVD players spread to the point where just about every American home was equipped with one, Blockbuster was, well, a blockbuster. The company dominated its sector of the economy, gobbling up competitors and forcing many mom-and-pop video rental stores out of business.

Those days are long gone.

On the heels of a disastrous fourth quarter and the announcement that the chain would be closing hundreds of stores, Blockbuster's latest move to curb its heavy bloodletting could easily be interpreted as an act of desperation: It's going to start charging late fees again on rentals, something the company hasn't done since 2005. At the time, Blockbuster claimed that dropping late fees would cost them $250-$300 million per year in lost revenue. Clearly, the company misses that annual infusion of cash.

Here's how the new late-fee structure breaks down:

• Starting this week, customers will be charged $5 for a five-day movie rental. Previously, customers were allowed to keep each rental for seven days.

• If the customer returns the movie late, they'll be charged $1 per day until it's returned, up to a maximum of 10 days.

• If the customer still hasn't returned the movie by the 15th day, they'll be charged the full price of the DVD, which could range from $29.99 on the high end for newly released Blu-ray discs, to just a few bucks on the low end for a DVD on the clearance rack.

• If the movie is returned within 30 days, the customer will receive a store credit equal to the price of the movie they were charged for, minus $10 in late fees. So if the customer was charged $19.99 for a replacement DVD, they'll have $9.99 credited to their Blockbuster account.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bananas

Re: RIP Blackbastard
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »
I've always hated this place. I like the mom and pop places with all the outdated movie posters, and sections that further detail beyond "comedy", "action", and "drama"

Muhfukka

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 06:49:47 PM »
 i havent been able to go there for years

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »
damn you lost g....lol
lol @ blackbastard

wtf is a Blockbuster?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »

kemizt

Muhfukka

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:06:28 PM »
at least they finally realized people arent going to pay late fees worht more then the fuckin copy of the movie, they didnt even contact me until i had like a 150 dollar late fee. i just forgot i even had the shit, took it back in so they wouldnt contact the fuckin credit card company but i couldnt rent without paying that shit

acgrundy

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »
blockbuster will be out of business by the end of the year.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »
a gang of em have already closed...anyone who pays $10.00 for a rental...needs help and deserves the late fees

blockbuster will be out of business by the end of the year.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
fuck blockbuster.  i always preferred the local spot around the way.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Muhfukka

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »
does this mean theyll be selling all the old dvds for the low?

THERapist Ben

• Lil Geezy
  • Sexual psychology
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 08:45:13 PM »
I used to work @ Cockbuster back in highschool
She so wants it bro.....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
they were when they were countin down each  selected monday at certain ones,they would reduce the percentage of mark down and then bam it was gon....
but they take their time in the reduction part
Cube

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »
Struggling Blockbuster Bringing Back Late Fees on Rentals

by Brett Michael Dykes
Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Since the dawn of the home-video era in the 1980s, as the proliferation of VCRs and DVD players spread to the point where just about every American home was equipped with one, Blockbuster was, well, a blockbuster. The company dominated its sector of the economy, gobbling up competitors and forcing many mom-and-pop video rental stores out of business.

Those days are long gone.

On the heels of a disastrous fourth quarter and the announcement that the chain would be closing hundreds of stores, Blockbuster's latest move to curb its heavy bloodletting could easily be interpreted as an act of desperation: It's going to start charging late fees again on rentals, something the company hasn't done since 2005. At the time, Blockbuster claimed that dropping late fees would cost them $250-$300 million per year in lost revenue. Clearly, the company misses that annual infusion of cash.

Here's how the new late-fee structure breaks down:

• Starting this week, customers will be charged $5 for a five-day movie rental. Previously, customers were allowed to keep each rental for seven days.

• If the customer returns the movie late, they'll be charged $1 per day until it's returned, up to a maximum of 10 days.

• If the customer still hasn't returned the movie by the 15th day, they'll be charged the full price of the DVD, which could range from $29.99 on the high end for newly released Blu-ray discs, to just a few bucks on the low end for a DVD on the clearance rack.

• If the movie is returned within 30 days, the customer will receive a store credit equal to the price of the movie they were charged for, minus $10 in late fees. So if the customer was charged $19.99 for a replacement DVD, they'll have $9.99 credited to their Blockbuster account.

Don't forget to soruce it, yahoo.com.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

ThaChamp

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »
FUCK BLOCKBUSTER!!!

the deal is here you pay almost $10 for fuckin 5 days... then they take a dollar every day your late and on the 5th day they take the whole amount out

you dont know how many times ive fuckin called and bitch because ive returned the game on the 4th day and they still took out 60 bucks from my bank account the next day anyways... then it takes almost a week for them to refund you

i havent fucked with them cus they have done that shit 3 times to me already but i got my refunds but it took fuckin forever

last time i owed them 4 dollars for a late fee and i look at my bank account a week later and they take it out of my account
and thats cus the bastard working said "you can pay it whenever you want"

fuck them and their fucking policies, no wonder they are such money hungry bitches

Muhfukka

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 09:33:22 PM »

fuck them and their fucking policies, no wonder they are such money hungry bitches
theyd still be doing that if netflix didnt step up and shit on them