Author Topic: When was the last time a artist from the west coast dropped a straight classic?  (Read 963 times)

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
um definitely WC - Guilty by Affiliation, The Game - The Documentary..

Dre's 2001 is goin too far i think.. but i'd also say that 'Terrorist Threats' by WSCG was pretty west bangin, it doesnt have much hype arround tho

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm Bout To Murdah This Shit was hard but Chapter 1: The Rise IMO is miles ahead... I would definitely consider that one as a classic street album  8)
BEST. MIXTAPE. EVER

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
wow, it was in my sig. & i forgot; what about "Murs For President"?

that shit is so ill! 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm Bout To Murdah This Shit was hard but Chapter 1: The Rise IMO is miles ahead... I would definitely consider that one as a classic street album  8)
BEST. MIXTAPE. EVER

just bumped the Intro, that shit goes HARD! 8)

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
listen to Can't Figure It Out & name me a deeper song Game has ever tried to make; that's three Game albums against one song of a Bishop Lamont mixtape.

i don't know about deeper, but i think it could be argued that Game's "My Love For You" is just as deep

Blood$

BEST. MIXTAPE. EVER

motherfucker I was on youtube just now and was gonna link you to the intro haha

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
listen to Can't Figure It Out & name me a deeper song Game has ever tried to make; that's three Game albums against one song of a Bishop Lamont mixtape.

i don't know about deeper, but i think it could be argued that Game's "My Love For You" is just as deep

that shit is deep, same level; but my point is, Game has three albums & a bunch of mixtapes & has just showed a few shades of this "deep music".

I'm Bout To Murdah This Shit was hard but Chapter 1: The Rise IMO is miles ahead... I would definitely consider that one as a classic street album  8)
BEST. MIXTAPE. EVER

motherfucker I was on youtube just now and was gonna link you to the intro haha

my man! 8)

that shit is on replay! ;D 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Start From Scratch, One Night, Ole Enlgish, Why You Hate The Game, Doctor's Advocate, Letter To King and that new track Better Days are all better than Can't Figure It Out. Bishop is not better than Game lyrically (about the same) plus his delivery is not on the same level. And all these mentioned tracks  + Can't Figure It Out are great tracks imo but there's that small factor of delivery that nudges the advantage to Game.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Take away Start From Scratch because it's a remake of a MASE song featuring shyne, loon, and another artist.

One Night wasn't written by Game.  It was done by some R&B artist.  I had his myspace page for a minute but I lost it.

Doctor's Advocate = remake of Start From Scratch ... though it's dope so I give him this one

Letters to the King is a fucking joke.  
The word nigger is nothing like nigga / like game like jigga
 Game is dumb for this one.  Such a fucking stupid track ruined by that and Rihanna's pointless name dropping (though since she got beat which is purely coincidental it does apply - funny how things work out)

So, you got Ole English which reminds me of another classic west coast track that's escaping me right now and Why You Hate The Game (which isn't even deep but still dope).  

Edit:

Though, I love Game tracks like Bang Along & his verse of Tyrese's Ghetto Dayz

Truth is I ran way when I was 5 years old
Ran til my And 1's had holes in the soles
I had 3 silk shirts, 2 pairs of jebose
Spent the night at boo's house, we was sharin his clothes
Moms left me out in the cold
Worst that that my man took 5 shots and aint lose his soul
I was livin w/ a blind man's vision
And no matter how hard I tried, I could never see prison
And to all my dead homies, we don't pour rout liquor
We just poke our chests out, and say we miss ya niggas
We was scared of gang bangers, walked to school in groups
Argued who was the best MC, Ice Cube or Snoop
Damn, I miss my ghetto dayz
Whether it was Coca Cola or straight coke
We found a way
Hey and the memories of EZ and Pac
California we all we got

Both of that shit reveals the true Game, the one that's not some fake wanna be gang banger

Double Edit:

I agree Game's a better vocalist but I think Bishop is the better more creative lyricists who doesn't rely on a crutch, name dropping.  Though, I do think Game has it in him to move on from that crutch and establish himself as more prominent original MC.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:19:59 AM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i can't count Doctor's Advocate as a "deep song", it's just him whining that he doesn't have Dre.

i still like it, but it's far from sending an actual message.

b.laden

1999 above the law forever rich thugs

ikke

WC - GUilty By Affiliation
Evidence - Weatherman LP

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
WC - GUilty By Affiliation
Evidence - Weatherman LP

Still playing this one, right now actually

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Start From Scratch, One Night, Ole Enlgish, Why You Hate The Game, Doctor's Advocate, Letter To King and that new track Better Days are all better than Can't Figure It Out. Bishop is not better than Game lyrically (about the same) plus his delivery is not on the same level. And all these mentioned tracks  + Can't Figure It Out are great tracks imo but there's that small factor of delivery that nudges the advantage to Game.
lol NO WAY. say what you want about the delivery, but Bishop is much more lyrical than Game

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol NO WAY. say what you want about the delivery, but Bishop is much more lyrical than Game

loll i gotta agree, Bishop touches more sensitive matters ... but i will admit that One Night is tight, i always liked it and he spits real shit about friends falling out ..

On a side note, I can't figure it out is mad dope, the voice on the hook, the instrumental (thanks to khalil 8) ) everything, just  perfect.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:33:05 PM by The.Ultimate.Pianist »