Author Topic: I Think The Reason Quik Doesnt Release A Solo Project  (Read 708 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
Re: I Think The Reason Quik Doesnt Release A Solo Project
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 10:59:27 PM »
well i believe it cause i've heard some of it..  8)

Like i said

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Soopahigh

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »

what it sounds like, shade ?

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 12:52:25 AM »
Is because i think he cant ,Mausberg R.I.P is gone and he's beefing with everybody else that he used to be cool with Hi C AMG Suga Free etc and the last solo album was 5 years ago i dont think he's gonna drop one this year.

He was beefing with everybody and he did "Trauma", he called AMG (the worst featuring on the album) but they weren't cool at all during that period.

Quik's Camp is wack, they were good just because of Quik.. the only one I save is Suga Free.

Matty

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 01:08:17 AM »
AMG is the only one i really appreciate out of the Quik camp.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 06:45:47 AM »
isnt he droppin blackout 2?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 07:03:44 AM »

now you make my fuckin day!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Paul

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »

I cant stand AMG

I prefer Suga Free, Hi-C and 2nd 2 None. Although none of them are very good. Quik can make anyone sound hot over his beats. Look at Chingy........
funkyfreshintheflesh

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »

I cant stand AMG

I prefer Suga Free, Hi-C and 2nd 2 None. Although none of them are very good. Quik can make anyone sound hot over his beats. Look at Chingy........

Shocked! None of them very good? Suga Free is one of the best rappers to every pick up a mic. He's the only one who has proved he doesn't need Quik to make great music.

This is some cold truth. Quik needs those guys. That album with Kurupt was terrible, Trauma was OK but the features were very weak. Quik needs those guys as much as they need him. The only guy from Quik's camp who is still even releasing half decent music is Suga Free. Chemistry is what matters. Those guys all had amazing chemistry with eachother. Doesn't matter how good the beats are, if you don't have chemistry with the guy rapping on it, it sucks. That's why Blackout sucked.

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 08:49:04 AM »
I'm tryin not to get baited into this discussion because it is my opinion that Quik is the GOAT.

What I heard from Spaulding of the new album didn't make me change my opinion AT ALL.

..if anything it heightened it.
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist

Paul

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »

I cant stand AMG

Shocked! None of them very good? Suga Free is one of the best rappers to every pick up a mic. He's the only one who has proved he doesn't need Quik to make great music.

This is some cold truth. Quik needs those guys. That album with Kurupt was terrible, Trauma was OK but the features were very weak. Quik needs those guys as much as they need him. The only guy from Quik's camp who is still even releasing half decent music is Suga Free. Chemistry is what matters. Those guys all had amazing chemistry with eachother. Doesn't matter how good the beats are, if you don't have chemistry with the guy rapping on it, it sucks. That's why Blackout sucked.

One of Best to ever pick up a mic?

I see your a huge Suga Free fan so i think im just gonna leave the discussion as it is.

FWIW i do think Suga Free is the best out of the Quik camp and Street Gospel is a really good West coast record
funkyfreshintheflesh

BIGWORM

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »
Is because i think he cant ,Mausberg R.I.P is gone and he's beefing with everybody else that he used to be cool with Hi C AMG Suga Free etc and the last solo album was 5 years ago i dont think he's gonna drop one this year.

seen quik, amg and 2nd II none.. couple months ago...

shit its recent video wit kk n dee wit quik at one of his shows..

he dropped 2 albums since mausy died...

it took him damn near 5 yrs to back door way 2 fonky...

y rush an album...

the 2 albums quik didnt rush back 2 back.. which was safe + sound and rhythamalism.. all superior clarity and production wise...

quik done made albums without these niggas.. 1nce n he can do it again...

3rd Coast is 100 percent right. He shouldn't rush his album like the majority of the main west coast artists have been doing over the years. Also he don't need anyone besides his instrument players like bacon to make the dopeness. He always has fall outs with his homies on certain albums and most of them albums came out great...

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 09:43:19 AM »
yeah theres no way suga free is one of the best to ever pick up a mic.....no way

I cant stand AMG

One of Best to ever pick up a mic?

I see your a huge Suga Free fan so i think im just gonna leave the discussion as it is.

FWIW i do think Suga Free is the best out of the Quik camp and Street Gospel is a really good West coast record
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
suga free is definitely a great rapper. even if you don't like his style u gotta recognize the man's skills..

who could have drop bomb ass songs like " why u bullshit" and "rather give you my bitch" ???

not many artists.. street gospel is a CLASSIC album  8)
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
with the shit he's been putting out, Quik needs to fall back for bit
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 06:07:37 PM »
It would be cool if that rumor that he's working on another album with Suga Free, was confirmed. A Konnected 2 project would be dope, get everyone back together.

IMO, Quik is mediocre without guys like AMG, Suga Free, 2nd II none etc, on those beats.

CONFIRMED.. ive already heard some tracks..

also working on solo

did it sound like they still have the same chemistry  ???  here's why i ask:

it is my opinion that quik and amg were batting 1.000 on making classic music when it came to collaborations, that is, until the fixxers project leaked.  i don't understand how a project that seemed so dope on paper could turn out sounding forced with only one amazing track ("worldwide am").  as hyped as i am for another suga free and quik album, i would be very disappointed if there are not a few new classic tracks considering their past work history.

shade sheist, if you read this, could you give your opinion, too?  also, how come we don't hear you and quik on tracks more often?  john doe is the shit!

peace!