Author Topic: I Think The Reason Quik Doesnt Release A Solo Project  (Read 709 times)

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
I Think The Reason Quik Doesnt Release A Solo Project
« on: March 08, 2010, 03:34:55 PM »
Is because i think he cant ,Mausberg R.I.P is gone and he's beefing with everybody else that he used to be cool with Hi C AMG Suga Free etc and the last solo album was 5 years ago i dont think he's gonna drop one this year.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:37:19 PM by Fatdodger »

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I Think The Reason Quik Doesnt Release A Solo Project
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »
It would be cool if that rumor that he's working on another album with Suga Free, was confirmed. A Konnected 2 project would be dope, get everyone back together.

IMO, Quik is mediocre without guys like AMG, Suga Free, 2nd II none etc, on those beats.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
It would be cool if that rumor that he's working on another album with Suga Free, was confirmed. A Konnected 2 project would be dope, get everyone back together.

IMO, Quik is mediocre without guys like AMG, Suga Free, 2nd II none etc, on those beats.

I dont know shit maybe somebody tells him that this thread is going on and maybe he proves me wrong

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
Is because i think he cant ,Mausberg R.I.P is gone and he's beefing with everybody else that he used to be cool with Hi C AMG Suga Free etc and the last solo album was 5 years ago i dont think he's gonna drop one this year.

nah these are not the reasons he hasn't put out a solo album for a while.
He was working with Snoop, then he dropped the album with Kurupt just last year ...

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »

nah these are not the reasons he hasn't put out a solo album for a while.
He was working with Snoop, then he dropped the album with Kurupt just last year ...

I know BlaQKout but want a quik solo like Balance and Options or Rhythm-al-ism or at least half as good.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 04:15:02 PM »

we all want a new Quik solo album!

I'm just saying the reason we don't have one was not due to Mausberg or Quik's beefs.

he is always working on stuff and when he has the sound he wants he will put an album together.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »

we all want a new Quik solo album!

I'm just saying the reason we don't have one was not due to Mausberg or Quik's beefs.

he is always working on stuff and when he has the sound he wants he will put an album together.

I know i heard that he worked with young joc :-\

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

We Fly High

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 05:09:36 PM »

CONFIRMED.. ive already heard some tracks..

also working on solo

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 05:18:11 PM »

I think him beefin with his whole crew has a lot to do with it too. I miss 2nd II None over Quik beats.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »

also working on solo

dats some dope newz!!

westside159

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 08:06:25 PM »
i think his last good album was balance & options .  after that i havent been too excited about his new stuff

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

seen quik, amg and 2nd II none.. couple months ago...

shit its recent video wit kk n dee wit quik at one of his shows..

he dropped 2 albums since mausy died...

it took him damn near 5 yrs to back door way 2 fonky...

y rush an album...

the 2 albums quik didnt rush back 2 back.. which was safe + sound and rhythamalism.. all superior clarity and production wise...

quik done made albums without these niggas.. 1nce n he can do it again...

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »
He put an album out last year and most of y'all shit on it. Really? Why rush to release music for people that are just gonna download it anyway? I want a new Quik album more than anybody but I'm also realistic enough to know it's not gonna sound like his classics from 10-15 years ago. Producers need creatively evolve and on the West Coast, it's tough to do. You either make reduant played-out attempts to recycle your old style and sell the people stuck in a time warp or you do something new and risk alienating your core fanbase. When you're DJ Quik or Dr. Dre or one of these cats that's been making hot music consistently since the 90's, it's hard to hit the right note sometimes because you not only have to compete with what's new and hot but also your classic catalog.

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »

also working on solo

I''ll Believe it when i see it or hear it

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Shade Sheist™

• PYO Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.ShadeSheist.net
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
well i believe it cause i've heard some of it..  8)
New Album "BLACKOPS" Coming Soon
-------------------------------------------
Official Site: www.ShadeSheist.net
Music: www.GFUNKISFOREVER.net
Twitter: www.twitter.com/shade_sheist
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shadesheistfan
YouTube: www.youtube.com/ishadesheist