Author Topic: Ricky Hatton set to retire  (Read 447 times)

Invincible

Ricky Hatton set to retire
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:36:54 AM »
Ricky Hatton will call time on his career in the ring in a press conference next week, Sky Sports News has revealed.

The former world champion had planned to face Juan Manuel Marquez in a summer comeback clash and had been at a training camp in an attempt to get into shape.

However, his training has reportedly not been a success, leading the Hitman to admit he can no longer perform at the highest level.

Hatton was reported to be so devastated by the realisation that his career was over that his girlfriend, mum and dad flew out to his camp in Tenerife to comfort him.

The 31-year-old, who has won world titles at two different weights during his 47-fight career, turned professional in 1997 with a TKO of Colin McAuley in Widnes.

Hatton suffered the first loss of his career against Floyd Mayweather in 2007, but returned five months later to claim the IBO light welterweight title by beating Juan Lazcano.

A comprehensive win over Paulie Malignaggi seemed to get Hatton back on track but a stunning knockout by Manny Pacquiao looks to have now been his last appearance in the ring.

He has not fought since that fight Las Vegas last May, but confirmed plans for a 2010 comeback last December.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6019028,00.html

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: Ricky Hatton set to retire
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
Good
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »
Good for him.  He was overhyped anyways.  Not to get racial, but anytime a semi decent white boxer emerges...theyre immediately blown up (see Tommy Morrison).  He was cool to watch fight, cus he was somewhat exciting....but lacked in a lot of areas skillwise.  Hard to win fights when you lead with your chin.  That was a vicious KO by Pacman.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »
Morrison wasn't a shitty fighter.

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 10:21:03 PM »
Extremely overrated fighter, but entertaining nonetheless.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:05:57 AM »
yeah, what he lacked in natural talent he made up for with heart, you've gotta give him that...overall i'd imagine he'll be pretty happy with the success he's had throughout his career  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
Morrison wasn't a shitty fighter.

I know.  I didnt call him shitty tho lol.  He was semi decent.  But he was overhyped the same way Hatton was.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 10:10:15 AM »
hatton wasnt overhyped he just had a solid fan base nuttn wrong with that never heard anyone say he was the greatest or anything

audley harrison and lewis were both more over hyped imo

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 11:33:10 AM »
hatton wasnt overhyped he just had a solid fan base nuttn wrong with that never heard anyone say he was the greatest or anything

He had a solid fanbase...but he was overhyped given the amount of actual skill he had.

the ghost

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »
Paulie Malignaggi

Now THAT is a overhyped white fighter.  Hatton was solid.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »
Paulie Malignaggi

Hatton was just a brawler.  But Floyd and Manny exposed him pretty bad.  Floyd KO's him with a fairly weak left hook....and Manny completely crushed him.

the ghost

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 11:44:29 AM »
Paulie Malignaggi

Hatton was just a brawler.  But Floyd and Manny exposed him pretty bad.  Floyd KO's him with a fairly weak left hook....and Manny completely crushed him.

Yeah, but Floyd and Manny are two of the greatest of our generation, Floyd might be top ten of all time.  Just cause he got smashed by those two, I don't really hold that against him.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
Paulie Malignaggi

Overhyped by who?  If anything he probably deserves a bit more attention from the mainstream sports world. 

the ghost

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 11:52:21 AM »
Paulie Malignaggi

Overhyped by who?  If anything he probably deserves a bit more attention from the mainstream sports world. 

The Magic Man?  He is the worst boxer I've seen is a long time.  He's all about the jersey shore look.  No pop in his punches.  He can't even knock out the tomato can opponents he gets set up against.  Khan is going to kill him.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 11:55:35 AM »
Paulie Malignaggi

The Magic Man?  He is the worst boxer I've seen is a long time.  He's all about the jersey shore look.  No pop in his punches.  He can't even knock out the tomato can opponents he gets set up against.  Khan is going to kill him.

I doubt he's the WORST youve seen in a long time man lol.  Maybe the worst out of the larger names.  But I get what your sayin about his amazing punching power lol.  I dont think he could KO a toddler.