Author Topic: YelaWolf signs to Interscope  (Read 108 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
YelaWolf signs to Interscope
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:30:45 PM »
Alot can change in two weeks. Just ask YelaWolf, who has signed a deal with Interscope Records after interest in the 30-year-old Alabama rapper surged at the SXSW music festival in Austin, Tex., earlier this month. YelaWolf will release his major label debut album on Interscope through his current independent label, Ghet-O-Vision Entertainment. The rapper confirmed the news on Twitter Wednescday morning (Mar. 31) and checked in with Billboard.com to share some details on the deal.

“I’ve probably been through every label in the past couple of years,” laughs YelaWolf (real name: Michael Wayne Atha), who was also courted by Atlantic and Island Def Jam Records before choosing Interscope. “I don’t think we missed any. But after SXSW, it just got really heated, you know? Prior to that we had taken a few meetings, but we decided to just hold out and go knock it out there, see where it took us.”

If you aren't familiar with this guy, here is the joint that got him buzzing most recently: POP THE TRUNK:

Mixing up the medicine with Juelz Santana:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: YelaWolf signs to Interscope
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
is homie an ex-Nazi? lmfao.

weird ass look he's got, but he wasn't all that bad.

who funded that video? shit was pretty good quality.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: YelaWolf signs to Interscope
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:00:05 AM »
i heard his Trunk Muzick mixtape.

check out the song with Bun B.. its a song you bump in your car it thumps

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4Dj4A0GD7M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4Dj4A0GD7M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>