Author Topic: Lionel Messi is the G.O.A.T.  (Read 1270 times)

Elano

Re: Lionel Messi is the G.O.A.T.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:30 AM »
kuruption,how many players from argentina do you know ? 3 ? 4 ?

lol as in now or all time ?

all time.

you can say what you want about maradona and napoli, i know that barca is a stronger team.....but messi is just 22 years old and he's the 80% of the team

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 08:32:49 AM »
kuruption,how many players from argentina do you know ? 3 ? 4 ?

lol as in now or all time ?

all time.

you can say what you want about maradona and napoli, i know that barca is a stronger team.....but messi is just 22 years old and he's the 80% of the team

you cant say 80% of the team that totally devalues the impact players like iniesta, xavi, alves, puyol have on the side. Last year Henry and eto were just as valuable in terms of goals scored and impact.

Off the top of my head some great argentine players(im not gonna list every argentine i know) are

Di Stefano
Passarella
Batistuta
Kempes
Cannigga (was one of my favs as a kid)
Burruchaga
Redondo
Zanetti
Simone
Riquelme
Ortega (wasted his talent and career)

I could go on and on listing players currently playing and others from previous sides but i dont really see the point

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:34:41 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »

Off the top of my head some great argentine players(im not gonna list every argentine i know) are

Di Stefano
Passarella
Batistuta
Kempes
Burruchaga
Redondo
Zanetti
Simone
Riquelme

I could go on and on listing players currently playing and others from previous sides but i dont really see the point

Messi is already a better player than all those from your list, football is played differently now....back in the days was more rough and row, but Messi could have played even during those rough days

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 11:08:27 AM »

Di Stefano
Passarella
Batistuta
Kempes
Burruchaga
Redondo
Zanetti
Simone
Riquelme

Messi is already a better player than all those from your list, football is played differently now....back in the days was more rough and row, but Messi could have played even during those rough days

my original point was that he isnt better than maradona, now a days maradona with the protection refs give players would be even better than he was back then.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:10:23 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »

Di Stefano
Passarella
Batistuta
Kempes
Burruchaga
Redondo
Zanetti
Simone
Riquelme

my original point was that he isnt better than maradona, now a days maradona with the protection refs give players would be even better than he was back then.

but football has become more tactical and physical. It's more difficult to shine as an individual these days.

Elano

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 11:16:28 AM »

Di Stefano
Passarella
Batistuta
Kempes
Burruchaga
Redondo
Zanetti
Simone
Riquelme

can you EXPLAIN me why messi is not better than maradona ?
do you remember maradona @ 22 years old ? what he was doing ?  ::)

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »
haha its wonderful to have elain back  :)

Elano

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »
kuruption you should watch the Liga sometimes...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FG_E7QVkas&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7FG_E7QVkas&amp;feature=related</a>

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 11:28:40 AM »
Messi can go on to become the G.O.A.T, but he's only 22 and has at least 10 seasons ahead of him.

I don't think we can call him GOAT until he's played like this consistently for another 3 - 4 years which, to be fair, he probably will; I haven't been so awed by a player since Zidane and Bergkamp.

Elano

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »
Messi can go on to become the G.O.A.T, but he's only 22 and has at least 10 seasons ahead of him.

I don't think we can call him GOAT until he's played like this consistently for another 3 - 4 years which, to be fair, he probably will; I haven't been so awed by a player since Zidane and Bergkamp.

bergkamp ? are you kidding me ?  :laugh:

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »

Nope, Bergkamp was a legend of my generation. Not on Zidane's level, but some of the things he did week in week out in the EPL were something else.

Elano

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »

Nope, Bergkamp was a legend of my generation. Not on Zidane's level, but some of the things he did week in week out in the EPL were something else.

ok, but bergkamp zidane and messi in the same "league" ? c'mon...

Invincible

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 12:01:06 PM »
Ronaldo (Brazilian one) and Zidane are greater players than Messi.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »
I freaking hate Messi and Barcelona but the only one better/on the same level in this generation was Zidane. You can't call Messi G.O.A.T. yet because he still needs a couple more consistent years (remember Ronaldinho) and winning the WC would be the icing on the cake. And his right foot is still weak.

Elano

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »
Ronaldo (Brazilian one) and Zidane are greater players than Messi.
ah ah ah ronaldo sure  :D
and ferguson is not an alcoholic  ::)