Author Topic: Fact: Books suck  (Read 535 times)

Bananas

Fact: Books suck
« on: April 13, 2010, 12:30:10 AM »
Movies are better. Non fiction is the only genre worth reading.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Fact: Books suck
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »
Movies are better. Non fiction is the only genre worth reading.

videogames >>> both

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:46:57 AM »
I still can't believe shit like the Kindle is so successful. I wish I came up with the fucking idea.

Books are obsolete, but people still hold on to them.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bananas

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:53:49 AM »
I still can't believe shit like the Kindle is so successful. I wish I came up with the fucking idea.

Books are obsolete, but people still hold on to them.

Mostly white grad students ashamed of their past when they listened to rap music.

Muhfukka

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:55:53 AM »
i just read that monster kody book, it was pretty cool how he killed all those people

ikke

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:13:35 AM »
My main problem with books is that a documentary can achieve the same goal in a fraction of the time

JAZ

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 09:48:47 AM »
i like books.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
My main problem with books is that a documentary can achieve the same goal in a fraction of the time
It's true.

Purists fail to admit that books do not provide an optimal learning experience compared to newer forms of media like television.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:28 AM »
I read like a motherfucker. I have 3 books going on at once right now.

If I find a bang of shit online to read I like to print it off.

I def don't hate books tho.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »
It's true.

Purists fail to admit that books do not provide an optimal learning experience compared to newer forms of media like television.

Except that movies and television need to be written as scripts first. That's kind of what books are. You can't make a movie without making its text equivalent first. There's your reason for books right there. And books only require a good author to be good. Movies require a good author AND a good director, good actors, good editors, etc. There's a lot more ways to ways to mess up with a movie because hundreds of people are working on it opposed to one, and events have to be recorded exactly and perfectly, whereas text can leave a lot to the imagination. Example: a book can describe a woman as being the most beautiful woman on the planet and everyone has their own interpretation of what that is. If a movie tries to do the same thing, half the people are going to think she's overrated and then it has already failed.

This was a serious response, my bad...

ikke

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
It's true.

Except that movies and television need to be written as scripts first. That's kind of what books are. You can't make a movie without making its text equivalent first. There's your reason for books right there. And books only require a good author to be good. Movies require a good author AND a good director, good actors, good editors, etc. There's a lot more ways to ways to mess up with a movie because hundreds of people are working on it opposed to one, and events have to be recorded exactly and perfectly, whereas text can leave a lot to the imagination. Example: a book can describe a woman as being the most beautiful woman on the planet and everyone has their own interpretation of what that is. If a movie tries to do the same thing, half the people are going to think she's overrated and then it has already failed.

This was a serious response, my bad...
We're talking about non-fiction here however, movies made to paint the truth.
We're not discussing the costs either, it's more expensive but that doesn't mean it's a better option.
"hundreds of people are working on it" you say it decreases the chances of a fuck up but it increases the chances because there is a controlling group.

This was a drunken response to your valid argument to another topic.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 02:17:18 PM »
books are not just about obtaining information, there are writers whos styles than not movie can ever evoke, its not just about plot and characters and such, style, voice,... compare the book of one flew over the cuckoo's nest to the movie, both incredible, but the 1st person narrative from the native american creates a completely different realm of themes

i love both, and i dont really read much nonfiction, but i also dont really like documentaries, mostly cause everyone is so biased i just ignore them all. and i dont really fuck with sci fi, or bullshit fiction, i like books about life writen in a style that closely resembles real life.

Bananas

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 02:31:52 PM »
Fact: I was drunk when I made this thread. I do appreciate fiction and I like to read.

westsiderider323

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
books suck