Author Topic: Mets closer K-Rod threw 100 pitches last night...  (Read 180 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mets closer K-Rod threw 100 pitches last night...
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:05:28 AM »
in the bullpen as he got up and down over 10 times because he could only come in for a "save opportunity". 

Francisco Rodriguez told reporters he threw an estimated 100 pitches between the 9th and 19th innings while waiting for his chance to close out Saturday's 20-inning war of attrition against the Cardinals.

He also told reporters that once he finally got into the game in the 19th, his arm was "dead," which help explains why he came in and blew the save. Even if you assume that he's being slightly hyperbolic, that's a large number of pitches for a closer to be throwing, even if it's just on the side. Manager Jerry Manuel doesn't have too many options for fresh arms today, but don't be surprised if K-rod gets the day off.

Jerry Manuel is an idiot.  What a shitshow yesterday's game was, if that wasn't bad enough, the Mets didn't get their second hit until something like the 13th inning and could barely hit the position players that came into pitch. 
On the other side, having the pitcher hit behind Pujols didn't turn out to be a great move.  I don't think he saw a pitch to hit for the last ten innings or so.     

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Mets closer K-Rod threw 100 pitches last night...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »
lol fuckin crazy
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »
LOL this game was fuckin crazy. Lol at scoreless through 18 and they exchange runs in the 19th
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 12:19:12 PM »
if im a manager and the game is 0-0 in the 13th, im throwin in another SP instead of burning thru my entire pen.  thats just me tho....cause i dont see the reason to burn through arms this early in the season. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 01:11:39 PM »
LMFAO!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 08:48:51 PM »
having that dude that hit the game winner the night before pitch, hillarious, i love when non pitchers are forced to pitch, dude was throwing like 70s and had people poping out! crazy game though

the ghost

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »
Yeah pulling Holiday was crazy.  That shit was wild, and I love it when position players have to pitch.  Reminds me of little league.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22:49 PM »
It would have been great if Rick Ankiel was still a Cardinal and they could have thrown him in there to pitch in that game.