Author Topic: Jason Taylor signs to New York Jets  (Read 309 times)

Jaydc

Jason Taylor signs to New York Jets
« on: April 20, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
Jason Taylor is expected to be used primarily as a pass-rusher in Rex Ryan's defense.Taylor harbored a professed disdain for the Jets from his many years with the Miami Dolphins. In fact, skeptics theorized he visited the Jets two weeks ago as a ploy to get the Dolphins to spend a little more to re-sign him.

So much for that assumption.

Taylor agreed to terms with the Jets on Tuesday afternoon.

The NFL active sacks leader will join Rex Ryan's defense, which ranked No. 1 last year in several major categories. As a complementary piece, Taylor is expected to be used exclusively on passing downs to get after opposing quarterbacks, including Chad Henne twice this year.

The Dolphins wanted to wait until after this week's draft to address Taylor's contract, but there would be no guarantee they'd be interested if they were to draft enough pass-rushing help to marginalize their need to bring Taylor back.

ESPN's John Clayton reports Taylor's contract is for two years but is heavily weighted for 2010. Taylor's base salary is $1.75 million, but he can make as much as $3.75 million with incentives.

The contract was tricky because of limitations placed on the Jets through the "final eight" plan. In basic terms, clubs that reached the second round of the playoffs aren't allowed to sign an unrestricted free agent until they lose one. When kicker Jay Feely signed with the Arizona Cardinals, the Jets were able to pick up Taylor
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12810/jason-taylor-flips-from-fins-to-jets

Jaydc

Re: Jason Taylor signs to New York Jets
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »
Another good move by the jets.Taylor isnt the player he was but as rotational player used on passing down hes sure to be effective.Im still in shock of this move,Jason Taylor has always been public enemy number of the jets,making comments about their fans all the time.Maybe its a fuck you move to the dolphins for not signing him.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19:08 PM »
Should be solid if used as a rotational player which i'm sure he'll be no more than that.

Jets stay makin' moves.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
they didnt want to sign him, fins that is?
damn jets are payin up tho

Another good move by the jets.Taylor isnt the player he was but as rotational player used on passing down hes sure to be effective.Im still in shock of this move,Jason Taylor has always been public enemy number of the jets,making comments about their fans all the time.Maybe its a fuck you move to the dolphins for not signing him.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
JESUS H. CHRIST! JUST GIVE US THE RING! 8)

Jaydc

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »
Fins said they wanted to wait until after the draft,and the jets have been super aggresive signing him.Apparently they flew over new york in a helicopter,gave him a tour of the brand new stadium and played his career highlights on the jumbo screen for him.And the deal is only for 1.7 million,so its not like they broke the bank for him.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 06:22:09 PM »
they didnt break the bank for him but they are payin up for players
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Jaydc

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »
None of their signings have been for big money thats the one key thing.They arent just running out and over paying for a bunch of people.Players just generally want to play for the jets and rex ryan.

One things for sure HBOs hard knock this year is going to be must watch with all these big personalities on the team.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »
jets might be better than the giants.... :-X
Cube

Jaydc

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:47 PM »
theirs no might,they ARE better then the giants.The best defense and best running game thats improved,and now they have a top 5 best receiving corps in the league and a qb whos learned a lot of lessons from last year.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:55 PM »

Jets been better, fam. ;) 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
yeah they have but now....maybe they are lethal...lol

Jets been better, fam. ;) 8)
Cube

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 12:05:53 AM »
Fuck that sellout, man.  Why didn't he just go to the steelers instead?  I'd still be mad about that.  Didn't he hate Jets fans?  Why would a player go to a team whose fans talk a whole bunch of junk about him.  David Wells didn't sign with the Indians because of that reason.  And they badmouthed his mother around the time she died. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
what other options did he have?

Fuck that sellout, man.  Why didn't he just go to the steelers instead?  I'd still be mad about that.  Didn't he hate Jets fans?  Why would a player go to a team whose fans talk a whole bunch of junk about him.  David Wells didn't sign with the Indians because of that reason.  And they badmouthed his mother around the time she died. 
Cube

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 03:21:42 AM »
what other options did he have?

Well i'd probably be more furious if Taylor went to the Ingratriots or Fraudgers.  Kinda tough to answer cause I hate half the AFC.  Plus they're both going down anyways, their windows are closing.  Oh yeah, Baltimore uses the 3-4 & if he's still fast it be good cause Ray Lewis is losing it in the speed category.  And Taylor doesn't go too rough on the offense like some raven players do that will get him flagged. 
Saints & they're defending champs still need more defense.  Carolina can be a contender.  If Taylor can still play the 4-3.  Fuck Dallas but i'd rather him be there than within the division.