Author Topic: Danny Boy - It's About Time (Discussion)  (Read 1691 times)

EFFeX

Re: Danny Boy - It's About Time (Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »
Yeah the mixing isn't that great on it, but you know what...

It almost sounds like a tape cassette, which in this case ALMOST works cause it makes it more authentic, lol.

On second thought...  >:(  >:(  >:(

EDIT: WTF! Did anyone hear a skip near the end of "Between Me And U"... I must be trippin.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:31:40 AM by EFFeX »

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 06:18:22 AM »
Yeah the mixing isn't that great on it, but you know what...

It almost sounds like a tape cassette, which in this case ALMOST works cause it makes it more authentic, lol.

On second thought...  >:(  >:(  >:(

EDIT: WTF! Did anyone hear a skip near the end of "Between Me And U"... I must be trippin.

I've heard at least 2 skips on this album

hobomotel

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 06:58:52 AM »
ok I listened to it and here's what I think:

Best tracks for me are Steppin, Between Me And U, Can I Come Over, Think Its About Time, Blow Your Mind Away.
Worst Tracks are Its All About U , If U Don't Mind.
Devante's Part on Its All About U pains my ears.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 07:49:13 AM »
Second Death Row related R&B release after Michel'le. Both albums are fire. i can only complain about mixin on Danny Boy, maybe Wideawake tryin make their trademark by that shit ;D

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 07:55:27 AM »
Its funny that So In Love from the Boxset sounds better than the So In Love on this album. Also the Come When I Call Remix has that stupid hiss sound in it. I have the Come When I Call CD Single and that track is flaswless on there. No hiss at all. Really dissapointed with the mixing with most of this stuff especially Its All About U.

Yea. The version of Come When I Call Remix on the It's About Time is the exact same copy of the song that has been floating around the internet for quite some time now.

Since they are resorting to putting a bootleg quality version of the song out, this is just another piece of evidence that by the time WA got the catalog, a lot of masters were missing, stolen, or messed up.

Do you mind upping your version of Come When I Call Remix? :D  And since you have the CD I wouldn't mind .wav lol.

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »
album is good. the mixing is a joke!

Mietek23

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »
This is WideAwake's best release so far - "Steppin" is my shit, vintage Quik production 8)

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 09:11:09 AM »
those amazing production credits are so fucking wasted on danny boy. like he's aight but damn quik and devante couldve used these beats elsewhere for a better artist.

i'm still checking this out i mean basically almost a whole album of unreleased quik productions :o. if the mixing sucks like you guys are saying i'm not buying the shit though. i refuse to support half assed work on wideawakes part.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 02:07:22 PM »
after listening to the album (i really like it) i must say it`s a pitty that DB never released an album on the row. this is material that would go double platinum if it would`ve been released between 1995-1997. i don't understand suge sitting on 300 tracks and wasted his talent for some appearances on hooks or ongs on soundtracks.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »
I must admit, this shit is pretty damn nice. I agree with the rest of you on the mixing tho. Too bad Quik couldn't do the mixing =(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

krook look bugzy

• Lil Geezy
  • ive been searching..........
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »
imma cop this shit! wen do it drop 8)

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
So In love is my favourite song. Classic Quik production  8)
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Blasphemy

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 12:20:43 AM »
Anyone else notice the "So In Love" track was off the Death Row Hits compilation they released previously.

2euce 7even

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:10 AM »
6 - Produced by Dametrius Ship

damn whats his damn name?

dametrius ship
dametrius shipp
demetrius ship
demetrius shipp
dimitrius ship/shipp

who was that guy anyways?maybe the danny boy song was done at the same time when he produced "toss it up"?same session, etc.?

somebody get some info on that guy. i know he did some shit with rnb group "troop" and bobby brown.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:59 AM »
What about that Danny Boy release ---> http://www.amazon.com/Come-Up-Danny-Boy/dp/B001C3B8I2 ?