Author Topic: Danny Boy - It's About Time (Discussion)  (Read 1692 times)

Salo

• 'G'
Re: Danny Boy - It's About Time (Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 11:30:51 AM »
www.youknowigotsoul.com just posted a Danny Boy track frum tha album, Check It Out !!

WEST !!!

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 06:15:24 PM »
Wow, amazing music here (can't go wrong w/ Death Row Danny Boy, Quik/Devante production). This shit sounds like The Show, The Afterparty, The Hotel 2. Only songs I'm really not up on are that Church interlude and If U Don't Mind. Fav's are So In Love and Can I Come Over. Best Wide Awake release by far!

biggbarcc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 01:37:32 AM »
co-sign... so in love and can i come over are just beautiful pieces of music..... Quik should have done much more RnB, truly a great artist with a range of styles and genres... plus Danny Boy can sing his ass off!

hobomotel

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 04:12:31 AM »
Man there a skip on Between Me And U at 3:12. That's one of the best songs as well. DJ Quik did a great job producing these tracks. Was hoping for more flute tracks like Welcome 2 Death Row or So In Love.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 04:44:40 PM »

StevenQBosell

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
after listening to the album (i really like it) i must say it`s a pitty that DB never released an album on the row. this is material that would go double platinum if it would`ve been released between 1995-1997. i don't understand suge sitting on 300 tracks and wasted his talent for some appearances on hooks or ongs on soundtracks.

On the real, that's something I've been asking and never understood myself... this shit would have been SLAMMIN in 1997, I could've even seen them releasing it a little after Toss It up and the buzz off that single... This is a fantastic example of that mid 90's R&B

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »
How many this sell?
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Mietek23

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 01:51:35 AM »
What about that Danny Boy release ---> http://www.amazon.com/Come-Up-Danny-Boy/dp/B001C3B8I2 ?

I think that's that Shortyo bootleg that was supposed to be released back in 08..

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 04:25:58 AM »
Post scans of the booklet

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 07:07:20 AM »

buy the album leecher

dnjp4life

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
Ordered my copy and wating for it to arrive. 
I was thinking also, imagine if Danny Boy and Nate Dogg had done a joint album on Death Row, how crazy would that have been?!  Maybe with Danny on his smooth, love the ladies tip and then Nate with the f a hoe g-funk style combined together?  We can only wish...

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »

there's nothing to scan.  the "booklet" doesn't even fold out.  it's literally just one sheet of paper.

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »

there's nothing to scan.  the "booklet" doesn't even fold out.  it's literally just one sheet of paper.

So Its like a bootleg?

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »

So Its like a bootleg?

no, i wouldn't say its like a bootleg.
the opposite side of the front cover has the tracklist plus some credits like executive producer/album sequencer/mixer/mixed at, etc...  and then thats it.  no thank you's from DB. its real plain and simple

dnjp4life

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 12:12:11 PM »
I'm still jamming this album on the regular.  Seriously great album which could have been a certified Death Row classic had they dropped it nearer the time it was made.  Kinda pissed at the quality of the mastering though - there's quite a few setbacks such as:

- Between Me and U - skips a couple of times at different points in the song;
- Church Interlude - some random static briefly cuts in at one point and interrupts the singing;
- Ride - as someone mentioned vocals seem to get louder as the song progresses;
- It's All About You - what the hell is up with this one?  Someone dropped the supposedly unmastered version of this not long ago and it's miles ahead of the song on the album.  Danny Boy sounds like he's singing in a cave and the first talkbox sounds like it has been done recenty and layered on the top of the track without being EQd properly.

Also, how can they spell DJ Quik right for the most part on the back of the CD, but the one song put a C in his name?!  How can someone not spot that sort of thing?  If they want their product to sell well they should take care of presentation at the very least.
I swear if money was no object I would buy the catalogue off of WIDEawake and send all the songs to get professionally mixed and mastered.

Anyway, rant over.  I enjoyed the CD and will continue to bump it.  Best of the WIDEawake releases thus far in terms of unreleased Death Row shit.