Author Topic: M.I.A.'s video for "Born Free" off new upcoming album  (Read 491 times)

Sikotic™

Re: M.I.A.'s video for "Born Free" off new upcoming album
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 06:48:56 PM »
We need more songs like Stanky Leg and Laffy Taffy.

Fuck this music that causes you to use your brain and contemplate shit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
We need more songs like Stanky Leg and Laffy Taffy.

Fuck this music that causes you to use your brain and contemplate shit.

lmao

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »
that video is ok but the song is fucked up,it's on some atari teenage riot type of shit

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »
This video is fucked up, the dude blows up at the end.  Da fuck was the point of making it that vulgar?  That political shit aint hitting any harder just cuz I see a boy blown into bits.

SMH

Think about it this way, you know after Paper Planes she got a shit load of mainstream fans. Her train of thought is probably, you know what fuck it let me just go all out with my political message in this video when a lot of people are expecting Paper Planes II. 

I mean come on, many Gaga fans are saying M.I.A. is a one hit wonder, fucking M.I.A. is the true artist here. 

Alright, I bet her label hates her now though...  Alotta teens gonna stop checking for her now with that typa video..

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 06:26:39 PM »
This video is fucked up, the dude blows up at the end.  Da fuck was the point of making it that vulgar?  That political shit aint hitting any harder just cuz I see a boy blown into bits.

SMH

Think about it this way, you know after Paper Planes she got a shit load of mainstream fans. Her train of thought is probably, you know what fuck it let me just go all out with my political message in this video when a lot of people are expecting Paper Planes II. 

I mean come on, many Gaga fans are saying M.I.A. is a one hit wonder, fucking M.I.A. is the true artist here. 

Alright, I bet her label hates her now though...  Alotta teens gonna stop checking for her now with that typa video..

don't know how you get that conclusion. I'd say this will actually gain her MORE fans. Its not often these days we get a music video thats actually ENGAGING and thought-provoking, whether for good or bad.

That said, anyone who knows anything about MIA knows she's only famous and well respected because she's always aligned herself with great producers. Her music is good but she herself can't sing or rap for shit and her lyrics are often very lazy and sound like an illiterate 12 year old wrote them.

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:36 PM »
I don't know what to think of her video.  I find a hard time taking musicians as activists serious.  She's signed to a corporate label preaching about politics that are anti-capitalism yet is part of an industry that is by nature capitalist.   She's a capitalist.  She might as well just admit to it and get over herself.

The video will create some minor discussion but it will probably just offend than it will attract.

they just distribute her albums

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »

SMH

Even if that's true, M.I.A. will not care lol

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 10:33:32 PM »
This video is fucked up, the dude blows up at the end.  Da fuck was the point of making it that vulgar?  That political shit aint hitting any harder just cuz I see a boy blown into bits.

SMH

Alright, I bet her label hates her now though...  Alotta teens gonna stop checking for her now with that typa video..

don't know how you get that conclusion. I'd say this will actually gain her MORE fans. Its not often these days we get a music video thats actually ENGAGING and thought-provoking, whether for good or bad.

That said, anyone who knows anything about MIA knows she's only famous and well respected because she's always aligned herself with great producers. Her music is good but she herself can't sing or rap for shit and her lyrics are often very lazy and sound like an illiterate 12 year old wrote them.

Are you sure you're not misconstruing the type of people who would enjoy this video, and the type of people who would enjoy her music?

This didn't make me like the song, or her more...  That's as an adult who doesn't follow her shit..

To a teen who likes her shit, and they watch this video.  They are gonna shrug this off because it ain't have anything they can relate to, or want to relate to.

sncere

• Lil Geezy
  • word.is.bond
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 06:47:11 AM »
loved the video!! the song wasn't all that clear, but the video was great.
and someone above said that most of her songs aren't that political. i find almost all of them to be political.
the poor klu klux man c that we all brothers
not cos things the same but cos we lack the same color
thats green, now thats mean
cant burn his cross cos he cant afford the gasoline.
-Lupe

Im from where people pray 2 the gods of they conquerors
& practically ery presidents a money launderer
From where the only place democracy's acceptable
is if Americas candidate is electable
& they might even have a black president but he’s useless
Cos he does not control the economy stupid!
-I.T.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »
she sexy, and i dont mind some of her stuff, but, DEF not peeping this, i dont like political ish, and the house-esque beat, ehh

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »
loved the video!! the song wasn't all that clear, but the video was great.
and someone above said that most of her songs aren't that political. i find almost all of them to be political.
Yeah, because they are.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
maybe now we can truly understand the plight of the tamil lol

mia has cool tunes but reallly needs to quit the whole POLITICS thing

Why quit?  That's always been part of her art.  Anyway, most of her songs are not even that political.

look im a fan of mia but cmon, this is purely to spark discussion and shock people. you do realise the tamil are basically terrorists responsible for many atrocities? this is what she supports as some ridiculous way to show her heritage and support what her father believed in.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »
maybe now we can truly understand the plight of the tamil lol

mia has cool tunes but reallly needs to quit the whole POLITICS thing

Why quit?  That's always been part of her art.  Anyway, most of her songs are not even that political.

look im a fan of mia but cmon, this is purely to spark discussion and shock people. you do realise the tamil are basically terrorists responsible for many atrocities? this is what she supports as some ridiculous way to show her heritage and support what her father believed in.

And that's part of her art.  Whatever the reason behind it, it's part of her art. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 05:35:10 PM »
I think its safe to say that people accept watered-down pop music now and reject creativity.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
Paper planes wasn't even close to my favorite song on Kala but that song just blew up out of nowhere.  I guess thanks to Pineapple Express?  And it then it seemed like every rapper was doing a verse over it.  But yeah there are many songs both albums that are way better than Paper Planes. 
not pinneaple express but slum dog millionaire i guess

clip was nice

The D.O.C and