Author Topic: has Durant surpassed Kobe?  (Read 641 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: has Durant surpassed Kobe?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 09:34:52 AM »
but the Lakers are "sooooo great", it shouldn't matter, right? ;)

they are great, we have the best player in the NBA and we have couple of the best big men in the league.

if we played like how we played in game 5 every game the results would be the same too.

lebron would never be the greatest closer like kobe. lebrons a walking triple double, a legendary point foward but hes not a good down to the wire guy nor is he a jump shooter at heart (which hinders his ability to sink game winning buzzer beaters in his sleep like kobe does i mean cmon man the guys been hitting big shots since he was 19) and plus kobes been a better defender throughout his whole career.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 09:40:51 AM »
^a few years back , i witnessed him take a Cavaliers team with Big Z as the second best player to the NBA Finals; by his lonesome.

in relevance, i saw Kobe Bryant lose Shaq & the year after finish .500.

i'm not an expert in logic or anything, but that's a bit sus right there, no?

then you trade steal him Pau Gasol & he's right back in the Finals for two years, about to be three.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 09:49:08 AM »
^a few years back , i witnessed him take a Cavaliers team with Big Z as the second best player to the NBA Finals; by his lonesome.

in relevance, i saw Kobe Bryant lose Shaq & the year after finish .500.

i'm not an expert in logic or anything, but that's a bit sus right there, no?

then you trade steal him Pau Gasol & he's right back in the Finals for two years, about to be three.

yea AI did it too, all by himself scoring 40+ points basically the whole season and post season and reached the finals without passing the ball once (lol)

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 10:12:54 AM »
^that's pretty impressive.

you know the gameplan, you know that one guy is going to try to beat you offensively, alone & he does; that's pretty ill & pretty embarrassing for other teams.

& like i said, i saw Kobe try to be "that guy" & failed epically.

personally, i feel LeBron has more than enough pieces to win this year, so no excuses for him if he doesn't; but the Lakers on the other hand can't possibly get any better than they are.

as a squad, this team has more talent than the 3-peat; easily.

if the Lakers doesn't win, it's as embarrassing as when my Yankees don't win the World Series.

anyway, to say LeBron, a man who who is a few assists & rebounds shy of averaging a triple-double & a man who can lead his team to 60+ wins can "never" achieve the same amount of greatness as Kobe is mind blowing.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »
not yet, but i guess you could say he's on his way.

pretty embaressing, the Lakers have the best starting five with a sixth man that would be the second best player on almost any other team & they can't the 8th seed.

nice. :D

the CELTICS have the best starting 5 son

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:20 AM »
^^^^ Lakers are 6 players DEEP , the bench is wack except LO .... Cavs are stacked at every position .... I dont see how the Cavs beating us would be an embarrasment

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 11:27:25 AM »
^"stacked". :D

the big men aren't even comparable; how many countless times have Laker fans shitted on Shaq on this board?

Kobe ">>>>>>>>>>" LeBron, right? ;)

Artest or Kobe guarding LeBron & would the other guard Jamison? i don't even know.

Odom coming off the bench?

the only X-Factor i see for the Cavs is if Mo Williams goes off from three.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 11:37:25 AM »
Lebron is better than Kobe now ....

Guards/SF bench players : Delonte/Gibson/Moon or Farmar/Brown/Walton ....

Lakers bigs are 3 deep , you got Gasol/Bynum/LO , yeah they are better than the 1st three Cavs bigs but then on one side you have Z , Hickson and Powe , on the other side you have DJ Mbenga and Powell...

Lakers 5 is better but it's not like Cavs one is weak ...but the bench matchups are not even closed

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
not yet, but i guess you could say he's on his way.

pretty embaressing, the Lakers have the best starting five with a sixth man that would be the second best player on almost any other team & they can't the 8th seed.

nice. :D

the CELTICS have the best starting 5 son

Of course, that would explain why they were 4th seed....

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
but the Lakers are "sooooo great", it shouldn't matter, right? ;)

they are great, we have the best player in the NBA and we have couple of the best big men in the league.

if we played like how we played in game 5 every game the results would be the same too.

lebron would never be the greatest closer like kobe. lebrons a walking triple double, a legendary point foward but hes not a good down to the wire guy nor is he a jump shooter at heart (which hinders his ability to sink game winning buzzer beaters in his sleep like kobe does i mean cmon man the guys been hitting big shots since he was 19) and plus kobes been a better defender throughout his whole career.

actually right now...the Lakers have the second best player in the league. And when the final MVP votes come in...probably the third best.

You cant say tho man, "if we played like...".  Its not about how you can play...its about how you do play. If you took the Clippers best game this season you could say "if they played like that all the time...they would be champions".

I wouldnt say never as far as Lebron being a closer. Kobe wasnt always a great closer. I think people use that with Lebron cus he doesnt always have a deadly jumper. When he's hot...he's unstoppable. But for some reason, people always remember jump shots towards the end of games...and not drives to the hoop. Thats how Lebron beats you.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

dexter

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
no

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:19 AM »
LMAO@thread title

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
LMAO@thread title

for once I agree with you.

I think Durant has a ton of potential. And who KNOWS where he will end up as far as all time greats or whatever. He had a better year then Kobe IMO. But it takes a career to define somebody.