Author Topic: New Crooked I EP dropping this June  (Read 928 times)

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Crooked I EP dropping this June
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 06:12:14 AM »
was the pig face release jus a digital release?

They had signed hardcopies on some website. I had to get one, this was when it 1st dropped though.

Go to mixunit.com you'll find hard copies of a bunch of his mixtapes. I was looking for hard copies of G.Malone & remember seeing hard copies of the EP you want. Still couldn't find "Glasses Malone Presents Monster's InK" though.

Any idea where to get hard copies of the new Kurupt & Kokane mixtapes by any chance? Or "Tsunami" Vol.2?

JohnnyL

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 07:09:43 AM »
 When it comes to releasing music, Crooked I changes his mind too much. It seems like his agenda for releasing music changes almost daily.  I'm not talking about the Death Row albums, because I realize those not coming out were out of his control.  But here's a short list of examples of what I'm talking about:

"Mama's Boy" (Official Debut Album)
"Mama's Boy Got a Loaded Gun" (Official Debut Album)
"Young Boss Volumes 3 and 4 (Mentioned when he released "Respect Your OGs" during the beef with Snoop)
"Life After Death Row Soundtrack (Cancelled, Actual release came with Young Boss Volume 2)
"Boss Music" (Official Debut Album)
"No Country For Old Men"
"B.O.S.S." (Official Debut Album)
"B.O.S.S." (Free Download" (Announced December 23, 2008 on the track "Go Hard"))
1. First Official Leak: "I'm Still A MC", released March 17, 2009
2. Second Official Leak: "Go Hard or Go Home, released March 30, 2010 (wow, a whopping year and 13 days between songs)
3. Third Official Leak: "They" (wow, less than a month wait this time, I don't get it)
"Group Therapy" (with King Tech)
"Mr. Pig Face, Weapon Waist LP" (This one was originally announced as coming in January of this year (2010). Then, it was apparently cancelled.  Then it was confirmed within the last couple of months as being back on, now...who knows.)  
"Million Dollar Story" (Official Debut Album)

Taking all of this into consideration, I have to take any announcements or announcements of announcements about an upcoming EP with a grain of salt.  If it does come out, great.  I'll definitely support it.  But until I actually see evidence of this coming out, I'm not holding my breath.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 08:01:51 AM »
That means his album ain't going to be released this year.. again.

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 01:36:49 PM »
When it comes to releasing music, Crooked I changes his mind too much. It seems like his agenda for releasing music changes almost daily.  I'm not talking about the Death Row albums, because I realize those not coming out were out of his control.  But here's a short list of examples of what I'm talking about:

"Young Boss Volumes 3 and 4 (Mentioned when he released "Respect Your OGs" during the beef with Snoop)
"Life After Death Row Soundtrack (Cancelled, Actual release came with Young Boss Volume 2)
"No Country For Old Men"
"B.O.S.S." (Free Download" (Announced December 23, 2008 on the track "Go Hard"))
2. Second Official Leak: "Go Hard or Go Home, released March 30, 2010 (wow, a whopping year and 13 days between songs)
3. Third Official Leak: "They" (wow, less than a month wait this time, I don't get it)
"Mr. Pig Face, Weapon Waist LP" (This one was originally announced as coming in January of this year (2010). Then, it was apparently cancelled.  Then it was confirmed within the last couple of months as being back on, now...who knows.)  

Taking all of this into consideration, I have to take any announcements or announcements of announcements about an upcoming EP with a grain of salt.  If it does come out, great.  I'll definitely support it.  But until I actually see evidence of this coming out, I'm not holding my breath.

you forgot the album with Ill Bill as well

JohnnyL

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 01:43:01 PM »

"No Country For Old Men"

you forgot the album with Ill Bill as well

Lol.  Damn.  You're right.  I really tried to remember all of them.  But when it comes to Crook and his albums that have never come out, there are so many it's hard to think of them all.

2dog

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »
So true JohnnyL!

Also there was supposed to be;

Million Dollar Mixtape (2007)
Tha Realest & Crooked I Collab album (7 tracks recorded, then Crook stopped)
Hip Hop Weekly "Remix Album" (remember Dynasty asking people what name they wanted mentioned in the booklet?)

Thats 3 more projects that never dropped.
Sig cut down, keep decent sized.

Can you picture 2dog's prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is hot for me
The projects is full of bullets, the bodies is droppin
There ain't no stoppin me

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/li_8xLaX6c0?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;color1=0x402061&amp;amp;color2=0x9461ca</a>

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »
ur fav rapper makes MORE promises than crooked and does not come thru crooked always puttin out free quality music
fuck an album crooked drop dope music for his fans and we get more from crooked than u do from ur wack fav rapper
suck a dick with that he always lyin shyt crooked i is tha fukn truth

Jaydc

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 03:52:53 PM »
Hmm,I only believe it when Im listening to it when it comes to crooked.Still waiting for an album.Love his music,but I want an album already.

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »
crook will drop an album before "detox"
fukin fruits

EFFeX

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »
Damn, I thought people would be souped to know there's a new project in the works... guess I was wrong.  :-[

Jaydc

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 05:01:57 PM »
Thats what happens when you falsely announce ten years worth of projects.Nobody cares anymore about announcements from people who never follow through.

JohnnyL

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »
ur fav rapper makes MORE promises than crooked and does not come thru crooked always puttin out free quality music
fuck an album crooked drop dope music for his fans and we get more from crooked than u do from ur wack fav rapper
suck a dick with that he always lyin shyt crooked i is tha fukn truth

Crooked I probably is my favorite rapper of all the rappers currently making music.  As an artist, there really aren't too many people who can fuck with him.  But as a business man, I can't really see the sense in a lot of his decisions.

EFFeX

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Thats what happens when you falsely announce ten years worth of projects.Nobody cares anymore about announcements from people who never follow through.

You honestly care that the retail album isn't in stores?

Come on, there's more than enough music out there for Crooked fans to enjoy.

Jaydc

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Yes I do,Crooked is my favourite rapper,but until he proves he can make an actual album he will never be anything more then a mixtape rapper.

JohnnyL

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »
 For me personally, I don't care if he ever has an album for sale at retail.  It would be great if that happened, but if not, oh well.  But what I would like is an album.  It could be a free album, a pay digital download album, or a retail cd. Whatever.  I'd just like an album length project with original production and album quality tracks.  If he drops the rest of "B.O.S.S." I'd even be good with that.  I think it would be better for him if he put it up for sale somehow, because then he's getting paid.  But however it comes out, I just want a regular album.
 Crooked I has hooked us up with a ton of free music.  Which has been great.  And I can't argue with the fact that probably no other rapper would do that.  But it just doesn't make sense to me that he would start a dozen different projects and quit on them half way through, and then just sit on the music.  He could be getting paid off all of that material.  Why not put it out?