Author Topic: New Crooked I EP dropping this June  (Read 930 times)

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
Re: New Crooked I EP dropping this June
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 03:06:36 AM »
Thats what happens when you falsely announce ten years worth of projects.Nobody cares anymore about announcements from people who never follow through.

yet everyone on this forum nearly creams themselves when Dr Dre talks about a new single?

Crooked I has put out more music than your favorite rapper ... so who gives a fuck if he has a "retail album"

Dr Dre - Greatest producer of all time - 2 solo albums in 20 years - is that a good return? hmmm

think about it children ... be thankful Crooked puts music out .... one way or the other

Jaydc

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 03:40:20 AM »
Are you really comparing dr.dres output and crooked is?Thats a joke right?Crooked has been my favourite rapper for ten years,but come on dude he aint even in the same league as dre,hed probably tell you that himself.

And dre has produced and put out plenty of albums.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 04:13:33 AM »
Are you really comparing dr.dres output and crooked is?Thats a joke right?Crooked has been my favourite rapper for ten years,but come on dude he aint even in the same league as dre,hed probably tell you that himself. And dre has produced and put out plenty of albums.

u said no one cares when artists falsely announce projects.
I merely pointed out Dre has done it many times and people certainly still care.

you can compare anyone on an output basis. why not?
Dre has put out 2 solo albums in 20 years ... that is a terrible return.

I'm not talking about who is in what league...
Just saying having a retail album doesn't make u a better rapper.

Jaydc

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 04:50:50 AM »
The difference is dr.dre is a legend with two of the best hip hop albums ever made and crooked i has zero albums.

And having a retail album is when people actually take an artist seriously.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 05:32:09 AM »
The difference is dr.dre is a legend with two of the best hip hop albums ever made and crooked i has zero albums.And having a retail album is when people actually take an artist seriously.

what crap. tell me which "people" take u serious when u have a retail album?

Does having a retail album change your ability to write a track?
How does a retail album influence the way that u flow over the top of a beat?

it doesn't.

Bottom line is Crooked I is a talented rapper.
I don't need a retail album of his to go Gold or Platinum to tell me that.

As a fan of an artist I would rather a year of getting at least one track a week than 14 tracks every three years on a retail album. Do u see my point yet?

Jaydc

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 07:08:56 AM »
What people?Try any music critic ever and 90 percent of fans.Tell me one rapper thats consider a goat with no albums?Crooked is a great rapper but until he drops albums he will never be considered anything more then a mixtape rapper,that isnt debateable that is fact.You think nas would be considered a great if he hadnt dropped illmatic but instead dropped a bunch of freestyles for free?

Portugoal

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 07:49:14 AM »
Crooked's last EP got a big F from me. I'll cop this if it comes out and is good enough to spend my money on, but I won't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't come out. There's plenty of good (free) Crooked I music out there to enjoy.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
Crooked needs to drop "Im Still An Mc OG" as a bonus Song for this upcoming EP.

JohnnyL

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »

That would be cool.  It'd be tight if he'd drop the "Blammers and Burners" track that he did with Tech N9ne too.

EFFeX

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »

He should just leak it, I'd be pissed if that was on the EP.

The lyrics to that song are almost a year and a half old.

JohnnyL

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 01:50:11 PM »

I'm just not sure why he keeps limiting each of his offiicial releases to being EP length.  He's got so much unreleased material from over the years, he could pick and choose his favorite tracks and easily have enough tracks to put out an album tomorrow, if he wanted.  And have tons of material left over.  Personally, I don't care too much what material he puts on this E.P, specifically as long as it's material we haven't heard.  I mean, there are a few specific tracks that stick out in my mind that I'd love to hear, but really I don't care too much what it is, as long as it's something I haven't heard.

EFFeX

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »

I'm just not sure why he keeps limiting each of his offiicial releases to being EP length.  He's got so much unreleased material from over the years, he could pick and choose his favorite tracks and easily have enough tracks to put out an album tomorrow, if he wanted.  And have tons of material left over.  Personally, I don't care too much what material he puts on this E.P, specifically as long as it's material we haven't heard.  I mean, there are a few specific tracks that stick out in my mind that I'd love to hear, but really I don't care too much what it is, as long as it's something I haven't heard.

I have a feeling that the EP is all newly recorded music.

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »

I have a feeling that the EP is all newly recorded music.

yo effex, i know what you talkin about but he can drop these 8 new songs with a bonus song...damn someone needs to talk to crooked or mickey to leak that "Im Still An Mc OG"...that beat is crazy as fuck...

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:09 AM »
What people?Try any music critic ever and 90 percent of fans.Tell me one rapper thats consider a goat with no albums?Crooked is a great rapper but until he drops albums he will never be considered anything more then a mixtape rapper,that isnt debateable that is fact.You think nas would be considered a great if he hadnt dropped illmatic but instead dropped a bunch of freestyles for free?

I said Crooked I was talented, not one of the greatest of all time.

if u want come up with your opinions on music based on "critics and fans" ... I wish u all the best.

when I rank where Crooked I sits as a talent, I'll base it on ... well, talent. Not number of albums.

EFFeX

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2010, 01:12:05 AM »

I said Crooked I was talented, not one of the greatest of all time.

if u want come up with your opinions on music based on "critics and fans" ... I wish u all the best.

when I rank where Crooked I sits as a talent, I'll base it on ... well, talent. Not number of albums.

I just listen to what I consider to be good music. I don't care if Crooked drops 20 more mixtapes or a retail album, I think he's one of the nicest to do it. He's dropped more than enough quality SONGS (not freestyles) to prove his ability. If others agree or not, I really don't care.

Just enjoy the music guys, there's no reason to get caught up in what he is labeled as...